Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw food and acne
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 29, 2010 03:04AM

i'm always on this site looking for recipes but finally decided to post.

i'm curious to know if anyone witnessed an improvement in acne by going raw.

i recently changed my diet due to health reasons but i'd like to know if my acne will possibly improve.

i'm sure it won't worsen it but just curious to hear what you guys have to say.

anyway, so far by going raw, i'm definitely more energetic and feel better.

hopefully it'll help with my health and my acne!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw food and acne
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: December 29, 2010 09:12AM

ksk226, you might want to repost this on the Living and Raw Foods Discussion Forum (the first one on the forum list) because that is the most active and it'll be more likely to be seen there.

Although I didn't have acne, when I went raw I soon felt a moistness in my skin that I had never felt before. Now when I "cheat" and eat foods that are processed and/or have preservatives, I often have a small breakout. (Sometimes people say they experienced "detox" when they first went raw and it took a while for their body to heal before they saw dramatic results. On the otherhand, I experienced benefits soon after.)

Good luck. I'd love to hear how it goes for you.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: December 29, 2010 05:20PM

I'm not completely raw, but even being high raw, my acne has improved, but not completely disappeared. I have found that eating foods high in zinc like pumpkin seeds helps me.

There is a site built around raw foods and acne if you're interested in more discussion, [waisays.com].

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 01, 2011 12:13AM

i used to have bad acne

some things i found that helped

-drink lots of water to flush toxins
-skin brush your face with a not too soft but not too stiff brush to brush away dead skin
-raw foods have certainly helped !
-stop excessive washing face with chemical soaps lotions and cleaners (a hot washcloth does more than enough to clean off the skin)
-cleansing the face with nice oils (i know this sounds counter productive but its working great for me) read this [www.theoilcleansingmethod.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 26, 2011 10:00PM

try to introduce some flax oil and omega zen vegan DHA supplement
for me including flex oil has heleped me get rid of bad acne which i got onraw food diet becuase i didint digest the food and cause of omega 3 deficiency Omega 3 helps acne go away rapidly

Posted by: marissalynn ()
Date: December 08, 2011 01:28AM

When I was eating 100% raw, I didn't see that much improvement in my skin.

The number one thing that has helped me clear my skin is I stopped washing my face!! I cannot stress this enough. Stop right now.

The most popular cleansers (even the ones made specifically for acne) and soaps dry your skin so badly that the body produces more oil to balance it out, thus leading to more breakouts.

Personally, I use a makeup remover wipes at night, and use moisturizers twice a day.

My skin isn't perfect, but not washing my face has made a HUGE difference.

Posted by: gems ()
Date: December 16, 2011 07:19AM

im also trying to get rid off spots. ive been mostly raw for a few months, i still have some spots but it is defintaly better since my diet changed. but as we have a big build up of waste still inside over the years it will take a while for the body to get rid of the waste and no spots... so im being patient smiling smiley and i think over time, if we stay on the raw diet ithink our spots will fade smiling smiley

good luck

Posted by: lynnsing19 ()
Date: December 29, 2011 06:44PM

Hi, I've found that some will experience acne on starting a raw food diet. Skin problems usually have to do with colon. Bad skin means you might consider colon cleansing or herbs that help to cleanse colon (cascara sagrada, buckthorn). Start slowly with the herbs listening to your body. Use in small but frequent doses.(as in every night before going to bed)The raw food diet starts the cleansing process, sometimes faster that the liver, kidneys and colon can carry the toxins out of the body. Therefore, you may find the acne occurring.(the toxins are going through the skin, your biggest organ of the body) Doesn't mean you need to stop your diet, just helps you understand that your body is trying to heal itself. It takes a lot of years to accumulate the toxins and also takes time to cleanse them out. Also, consider colonics. They help clean the colon way faster. Better to work on cleansing the colon so that we don't have those toxins sitting in colon and being reabsorbed back into the body.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables