Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Renewal of Rawfoodism: Volume II
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: February 28, 2009 07:40PM

I feel serious now, committed. Focal drive: I feel like @*)%! Serious lack of vitality and many disturbing signs and symptoms of a struggling organism. Me. Ok. Here I go again. Onward.

Today, a "fast" day. Beautiful day for it, warm sun, blue blue blue sky and birds are singing and twittering and chirping all over the place.
Drinking water & lemon water. (am thirsty)

Reading Rational Fasting by Ehret, the book I always return to, repeatedly, as I go up and down and stumble and detour on this path.

So, rest, water, and books. My poor body has lots of work to do. Begin! Ah, yes, ouch, stomach just punctuated that with rough grumbling.

Day One of another Renewal of Rawfoodism.
(support welcome)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism: Volume II
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: February 28, 2009 08:00PM

YYYYAAAAAAAYYYYY Elakti!!! Welcome back!!!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 28, 2009 10:16PM

Heyyyyyy Elakti!!
WELCOME BACK!!!!
Sometimes it sure isn't easy; we can conquer the world one day and the next day we're hyper-aware that we're just so... human!, lol. ;-p I'm strugggling from time to time with these feelings, too, that I'm not where I want to be. Hang in there with me and keep 'surfin' the waves of of ups and downs until we catch a great big wave of healing energy that propels us past the things that are holding us back.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 28, 2009 10:53PM

welcome back Elakti ! im starting my own smoothie challenge today too smiling smiley I have 20lbs of winter pudge an sludge i wanna kick out lol smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: March 01, 2009 01:36AM

So glad you're here again Elakti!

(That's too cute, Jgunn!)

smiling smiley

Date: March 01, 2009 06:51AM

hee hee thanks its my fave smiley ever feel free to copy it to your computer smiling smiley

Date: March 01, 2009 03:01PM

THANK YOU Sundancer, Kwan, Jodi, and Suncloud for the welcome back! What a nice smiley hug!

Yesterday fast was surprisingly easy to go through... I was flabergasted, frankly, considering how gluttonous and addicted I've been to non-food. I wasn't sure I could get through a day. Around 3:00 I was hit with strong desire to eat and that was hard. And my mouth was already slimy grimy condition ( I hate that) so I made herb tea with lots lemon and some honey. Also, I even cut a few pieces of apple and fletcherized the dickens out of them and spat out the pulp. A few swallows of apple juice and the tea got me through. The juice was sublime. Thank goodness I didn't eat. I read a few pages of Ehret and recalled that I'd started this vol. 2, so altogether I made it.

Later in day I could see how just those few hours without eating (gorging, stuffing) were already making me feel better. By evening, I became so relaxed I felt like I was sinking in slow motion down a pool of rose petals. Wonderful feeling. Slept 8 hours, only woke up because my bladder was about to let go.
Yeah, time to let go.

I'll see if I can also fast today, play it by the hour. The main thing I need from this is to get distance from the trash, to clear the mind and clean the palate. I need to be in a strong appetite for fresh real food. Already beginning...having visions of green leaves and cherries and valencias. And I have to wait for that fruit. I have pears and mango and apples. I want a ton of cherries so badly it is uncomfortable as all get out. Something in them I need, must be. Also greens. Always when I first change from bad diet, I crave greens like crazy....mineral defecit big time, I suppose. My mouth is watering now at the thought of a simple leaf of romaine, unadorned.

I can almost hear my cells yelling and pleading. Ok ok, here we are again.

Onward. When is cherry season?

Date: March 02, 2009 02:14AM

Definitely was in fasting mode, detoxification mode today. Slept a lot, could hardly read even. No headaches or anything like that, but did feel miserable. Some pains in abdominal region, much stomach grumbling and rumbling. Most of the misery was mental/emotional, felt very low.

Did enema this morning.

Late afternoon I was so crazy hungry I couldn't continue...I juiced some apples instead of having a pizza. (The cravings got Gi-normous, for all kinds of familiar junk) Soon after the juice (ah, so delicious) I had an elimination. I guess I stopped the ketosis with the apple juice, but that is ok. The main purpose for me to fast as well as possible is to find the main track again, clean the palate, the cravings. I wish I could have kept on without taking the juice. I'll see how the evening goes, and tomorrow....maybe I will just switch the track heading in the same direction and do vegetable juices.

I would like to do as well as possible, as the cravings to eat are strong (though subdued by the juice) and today the cravings were for all the SAD stuff. Powerful cravings. I've got to get through this. At least, I think I would be better off to not Chew anything until I am really wanting real food over the imposters.

Date: March 02, 2009 04:47AM

Stopping by the computer for last time today, since I had to get up and crawl to kitchen for a little water and go to the bathroom. Crawling, boy am I down in the dumps and feeling so bad. Well, vol 2 is off to a good start, including a good demonstration of how much I need to eat raw foods again and clean up my act. Now I have a headache and some mucous is sloughing off throat and my nose feels funny and my stomach hurts a little and I am feeling so weak like my muscles are turning to mush and ugh ugh ugh etc. Just a happy peppy little report here! Now will crawl to bed and hopefully pass out.

Hi all! smiling smiley

Date: March 02, 2009 06:14AM

Hi Elakti! Hope you're feeling better today. Good you're getting all that bad stuff out!

smiling smiley

Date: March 02, 2009 03:45PM

Elakti--
Fasting can be tough sometimes. I'm water fasting right now too, and woke up with a little headache this morning, but it went away after I was upright. Hope you feel better soon!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 02, 2009 05:02PM

hey hun hope yer feeling better today. i found this great site a few weeks ago about fasting smiling smiley maybe check it out if you want here is the link [www.fasting.ws]

Date: March 02, 2009 05:04PM

Thanks for good wishes. I do feel nicely icky, smiling smiley. Not too bad so far today. The pizza/etc. hauntings are off scene for the time being and I am looking forward to a salad and some juicy fruit. I'm not sure when, I am playing it by ear and putting mouth on hold. Would like to persevere on water through today. We'll see.

Re-reading the Furhlman book on fasting and eating. How fortunate are those patients of his.

I finished Rational Fasting by Ehret (and I love reading Teresa Mitchell's story that is included). Such a small booklet but it took me over a day to read due to sleeping intermissions! Thank goodness for the sleep. Such an important help.

Oh, I can hardly wait to eat. I feel so hungry. I know all about false hunger and I know my stomach is growling from withdrawal and cleansing, but I also feel this "hunger" in my mouth like thirst. I wonder if I really am kind of hungry because of the lack of nutrients in my system? I mean, really cellularly hungry.
Ach, who knows? However long I can fast will be good and if I eat a salad soon that will be good too. Win win situation! We shall see.

Date: March 03, 2009 12:55AM

Ok! I felt pretty good today! I did another enema this morning (and I'm glad I did). Had some energy in morning and was active in yard and around house and then took a long lovely nap. A little weakish in afternoon.

Just a little while ago, I ate some prunes that I soaked, and ate part of an apple, chewed well. I feel so full!

I had gone to store, and got some food for the big launch...got a few organic mangoes, a bag of pippin organic apples, some peaches, a couple avocados, celery and carrots, a watermelon, and the special treat---a papaya. Cilantro too. I also have kiwi, bananas, pears. And romaine & tomatoes. So, I'm ok for awhile. I forgot zucchini....want to make squetti. I bought a spiralizer way back when and have not used it once. I used to make it by using a peeler, but now I am going to try the spiralizer. I quess it was a Vol. II spiralizer, heh heh.

I have visions of a fruit salad, watermelon visions, salad salad salad. Vol II is on its way! Oh, I want to stick with it this time! I think I fasted long enough (3 days)...it was primarily to re-orient myself to real food. I did lose weight, in fact I think the scale must be broken because it says I lost 10 pounds...how is that possible. I am overweight and went from mega calories mega fat mega junk consumption to zero and I did do the enemas. Anyway, the weight is not even the issue. It is just so very important that I get back on raw food.

Thanks all for your support, it helps. Thanks, Jodi, for the website. I spent a lot of time reading through it. You always know so many websites! That's cool, I think I will spend some time on computer reading other sites and testimonials and all that. I'm getting the cheering section on their feet...I've got to maintain enthusiasm and my committment. This is serious. I cannot continue to spiral downwards, I must turn around. I know how much better I feel when I eat raw. The difference is night and day. Here it is March and I turn 59 (!!!) this month. I hope I can get a lot better health. I believe so. God willing.

Date: March 03, 2009 01:32AM

i beleive in you smiling smiley

Date: March 03, 2009 02:40AM

THANKS!

Just ate a peach. I made a salad, it's in the refrigerator. I used the spiralizer! I did a carrot and a beet...the beet turned out fantastic! One long curly piece, very cool. I do love beets...they are rather underground dank things but I love the taste...and what a dynamic colour! I may or may not have some salad. Ehret says to eat enough to cause a bm. I do feel interior rumblings! A salad would definitely usher things along....

I am craving a salad...but, can I eat that beet spiral? I want to hang it from something!

Thanks for believing in me...coming from a buddhist, albeit banana, that means a lot to me! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Date: March 03, 2009 06:43AM

Hey Elakti, you're doing great!

Date: March 03, 2009 05:50PM

Thanks, Suncloud.

Did eat salad last eve, small bowl, then another...so so delicious.

This morning I feel renewed. Seriously, what a difference. Huge. Before fast, very ill, no vitality, plagued with this and that and now, a little flushed out, more rested, I feel like I've emerged from a dungeon. I'm surprised I had the fortitude to go through it, but only the 2nd day was really difficult. And I was fueled with just how bad I felt, I HAD to do it. I did lose a lot of weight in 3 days! Or the appearance of it, too, as I lost a lot of gas. I really had a gas balloon thing going on. And now facing in right direction. Heaven help me. I must always have lots of fresh produce on hand and good variety so the sneaky mind and senses don't bamboozle me. Ah, people, please keep talking to me, it helps. Evenif just a word, I need support right now and your support is a Service, a Samaritan Good Deed!

I've known about raw foods now for years and here I am again trying to get back to it. I'm always a vegetarian and eggless grace of spiritual path, but the old groove is a "dirty vegetarian" addicted to sugar, chocolate, fat, starch. (big time, you'd be appalled)

Am excited about Qi Quong. Not new to me, but I feel such affinity for it..saw a PBS program, did exercizes...what a beautiful cap to the day. I love (hate/love) Bikram Yoga and do want to get back to it when I can (money), but the Qi Quong was so great last night, I loved it. The slowness and the flowness, the "air and water", esp the water (I"m a triple water sign...I first spelled it sighn, more like it). We did "Pebble in Water"...the hands ripple the water, lovely. Another one was special...a swirling waterwheel flow. I felt like that bird with the marvelous mating dance. I felt my arms and hands flowing through water then up through air, then back down through water. Then you can feel the electromagnetic energy between palms, the Qi. And I love "floating hands", which I remember from the time years ago when I took some Tai Chi. I read or heard a discussion about all the swirls and whorls of this creation...and Qi Quong connects to this energy flow. Loke our fingerprints, pebble water ripples, hair growth on scalp, rotation of globe, whirlpools, beet curls....bellybuttons? Whirling dervishes!

This morn 4 a.m.--2 peaches. Not organic but Ripe and not bad at all.

9 a.m.---2 kiwi (fiber plus fruit) and a huge mango that I couldn't finish.

Soon will eat a SALAD!!!!!!! That's what I really want. Greens. Greens galore!

Have a good swirling twirling day!

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: March 03, 2009 07:26PM

Wow, Elakti -- it seems like you are really off on the right foot! I was going to really get back into it this year, and though I am doing probably 60 to 75% raw on most days, I feel like I am nowhere where I should be in order to be at my optimum health. I'm bummed that I have allowed myself to gain back much of the 25 lbs. I had lost last year -- in three months! I love all the new raw food diaries here this year! You are all an inspiration to me, even though I feel that right now I am shortchanging myself and letting myself down. Maybe if I also start a diary I will feel more accountable and do better. BTW, Elakti -- I am going to be in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks!!!

Date: March 03, 2009 10:21PM

Sundancer--
Don't be so hard on yourself, brave mistress of the arctic northern climes! We all have our 'seasons and reasons' and have to honor our bodies when they tell us they're not up to 100% raw. I'm sure you'll be living the optimal raw life in no time at all. I think you're doing great, living in this harsh New England climate and eating 60-75% raw-- it's been a very hard winter and we've all had a hard time staying raw here. You just wait: spring will come and you'll be so energized by the spring weather that I bet you'll be eating 100% or near that, and losing lots of weight.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 03, 2009 11:01PM

I just got back from People's co-op, where I've not been since I moved from that area. A friend and I went to lunch....had a massive salad so yummy good and I had to bring half of it home for later.

Shopped! Ah, what a sight to be back in that store...all the produce, all organic, so beautiful. I got so much, 4 bags full: I'm set for awhile! Forgot to look for frozen cherries, they didn't have dried. Got Valencias!!! (can't find them anywhere) and these come from the best orchard locally, they are the best. Grapefruit, bananas galore, apples (3 kinds), raisins (2 kinds), tangerines, pears (2 kinds), dried persimmons, dried turkish apricots, dates, romaine, red leaf, spinach, zucchini, 2 small yellow squash, cucumber, carrots, 3 jars of olives, black and kalamata.

I'm so happy. I want to put all the food on my bedroom floor and sit in the middle of it and look at it gratefully.

I made carrot celery apple juice before I left for lunch. Will have more later.

I hardly ever buy dried fruit (except prunes, which I love) but I am going to try these, use for sauces or smoothies. Also got sundried tomatoes, for salsa for the zucchini squetti.

Onward!

Date: March 04, 2009 02:45AM

hee hee i think i woulda taken all that food and layed it on a nice blanket and just enjoyed grinning smiley

Date: March 04, 2009 04:14PM

2 oranges, banana
later, smmoothie with banana, blueberries, strawberries

Off to work. Packed a lunch that could feed us all.

good elim. this morning (had to take enema yesterday, as I had not gone naturally since fast despite kiwis and apples and salads)

feel good! Watched qi quong vids on youtube yesterday. That is like an arrow, pow! hits the spot: qi quong! chee chong! Perfect! Bingo!

Date: March 04, 2009 07:42PM

Ha, ha, Elakti! You are so high it's coming right through my computer!

And Pow! Pasting a smile on my face!

Date: March 05, 2009 12:24AM

yep you are a wonderful load of beautifull energy Elakti smiling smiley you always make me wanna smile smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 12:24AM by Jgunn.

Date: March 05, 2009 03:39AM

Hi ladies, thanks for stopping in. Yeah, I felt better this morning than I have felt for a very long time, months and months. Really, kind of buzzy and over the top.

I ate fruit all morning and early afternoon (mango, blueberries, bananas, tangerines, which were fantastic by the way) and shortly afterwards had a sort of sneezing seizure. I mean explosive series! Mucho mucous on the move. And I felt deflated after that, freezing cold despite nice warm sun and generally blaaaah. Heavy. So sleepy it was painful. A little detox already, no wonder.

Feel a little better...will go to bed early and sleep extra.
Home, I ate more fruit...papaya, grapefruit (delicious) and oranges. Later, smallish salad with 1/2 avocado and some olives. I could eat the whole jar of olives. Crazy about olives. Probably want the saltiness and the fat. Normally do not eat much salty stuff, but olives I adore.

Stopped by library on way home and got two books on qi quong. Several blocks away there is a Tai Chi Wellness center and I gave them a call. No money now for classes, but for later---
I can't afford yoga, for many moons now. Am so out of fitness, ugh. I would love to do both. But right now I feel such enthusiasm for qi quong and it seems to be The Thing For Me Right Now.

I am craving....I would love to eat toast and jam, something, anything....very craving-hungry...I want dessert, waaaaaahhhhhhhh.

Tempted to make some oatmeal. But, that is not exactly part of the menu. sigh

I did eat a date. It was good. Maybe I want more. See ya!

Date: March 05, 2009 03:56PM

Did make a smoothie last night and it took care of the cravings.

This morning.....I will edit my usual TMI self and just say: "G.I."-Normous elimination, heh!

Fruit this a.m. of course. Strawberries, banana so far. Made humungous salad for work, with too many olives but I will be happy to see them all this afternoon...romaine, spinach, cucumber, grape tomatoes, a bit of zucchini, a tbsp of pumpkin seeds as crouton replacement crunch crunch.

Taking Qi Quong books to work (I can read at work). Feel good, a little mucousy & chilly but good. Beautiful springy day.

Springy steps to you all today.

Date: March 06, 2009 01:57AM

I continued fruit about 10 am: bananas-2, strawberries-8, tangerines-2, raisins-I didn't count! I'm discovering correct way to eat raisins : I soak raisins in mouth, slowly chew and release juice, soak, sip, chew, soak, sip: so much more delicious! They're not potato chips! Stomach didn't have to say, "What, pebbles? Oh, they're raisins."

I'm so silly. Anyway, that said about the raisins, I wolfed down a big salad at 1:00.

Later had more raisins; home from work, I made a smoothie-bananas, orange, red pear.

Read one gikong book...wow. Started another which is also captivating. Am feeling so SO enthusiastic about this. I may even quit smoking. (shocking, yes, all described and commented upon in vol. 1)

I had another afternoon sneezing / mucous episode but no lingering let down afterwards: I feel really good. smiling smiley

Date: March 06, 2009 02:12AM

Elakti--
I feel great just reading your post! smiling smiley

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 06, 2009 10:47PM

I woke up this morning feeling good, having to pee like crazy, wanting my cup of coffee and thought it was usual time...in kitchen making coffee I see it is 1:45 a.m.! I felt like I could play 3 sets of tennis. So, stayed up several hours, reading, doing Qi Kong, and meditated.

Also, at 3:00 a.m. had a AE elimination (trying to curtail my tmi tendency) but AE stands for appallingly enormous, not arts and entertainment, hee hee.

Had oranges and banana at 2:00 a.m.
11:00 made fruit salad of banana, orange, red pear and dribbled soaked and blended dried organic unsulphered persimmon sauce over it. Yum.

1:30 I made a beautiful salad of baby spinach, romaine, bell pepper, a few chunks of apple, raisins, a little chopped zucchini and cucumber, a little left over avocado, tomato. Had a couple olives, too.

Feel very good. Soooo much better.

For the record, I started Vol 2 at 190 pounds. I hover now around 179, 180. Eating olives and avocado in same day doesn't even come close to the fat I was eating previously, all SAD fat. I am continuing to lose gas, too.

All is well.

I am so excited! I am going to take a Tai Chi class tomorrow! So excited. Calm down, calm down. I can hardly wait. The teacher there is a 5th level master. I saw videos on his website, he teaches Wu forn. He has high level Chi...can direct chi towards a person and they lose balance, he could probably send them flying if he wanted.

I was practicing this morning, a couple things, and at that early hour in stillness and quiet it was really lovely. I am going to love this. It is so soft and yet so deep.

Seems like my lifestyle has taken a good turn.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables