Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism: Volume II
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 06, 2009 10:51PM

Elakti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, at 3:00 a.m. had a AE elimination (trying to
> curtail my tmi tendency) but AE stands for
> appallingly enormous, not arts and entertainment,
> hee hee.
>

OMG thats hilarious !!

hehe isnt qi gong great tho i love it too smiling smiley i love tai chi too smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2009 10:52PM by Jgunn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: March 07, 2009 01:48AM

Jodi--do you currently do either? Did you take classes? How long? I am so looking forward to class tomorrow, meeting the teacher. Tomorrow is a tai chi class, and they started just recently.

What a wonderful watermelon I am enjoying. I think I opened it on exactly the right day!

Later I will probably eat more salad.

In the evenings, I am always restless for...SOMETHING....heavy, gooey, whatever. I've found that if I make a sweet smoothie and eat a date or two I feel somewhat appeased.

Feel the loss of weight, loss of bloat, loss of puffiness, loss of very sick exhausted feeling, loss of gas, loss of itchy rash, loss of.....ahem, "Arts and Entertainment", LOL.

I look a little better, look more awake and cheerful. Ahhhhhhhh.
I respond quickly.

Haven't had a cappuccino since before the fast. No more. Sickening. I am drinking black coffee in a.m. -- much much less than before. I do like my coffee in a.m.

All is well.
You will definitely hear about my class tomorrow!

Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: March 07, 2009 03:22AM

ELAKTI!!!

SO great to see you - and everyone else. Had to jump on for a minute to see if you had begun Vol. II as yet; can you tell I haven't been around for a while?

Sundancer - how are you, too? I miss you guys, but have been keeping off this site due to privacy concerns, etc (using shared computer, yada-yada), but wanted to find out about my Girl(s) so much that I was ready to take the chance to skip on for a minute or two just to do so!

Just quickly skimmed this blog...Elakti, I am so proud of you it isn't funny! I've always thought you incredibly courageous, insightful, wonderful - and stupendously hilarious ;} {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{many, many hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} to you...

Been experiencing a lot of stress at times but am doing as well as I can. Realising that I've tended to place a lot of unrealistic expectations on myself and that I need to ease up a LOT...lol...

So glad to see that you are working again... YEA!

"Seeing" you again has definitely made my night - I'm grinning away like a Cheshire cat over here. You need to give me your new addy at some point so I can send your books back to you, okay?

Much love and best wishes to you all; stay strong, keep as beautiful as you are!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 07, 2009 03:47AM

>Been experiencing a lot of stress at times but am doing as well as I can. Realising that I've tended to place a lot of unrealistic expectations on myself and that I need to ease up a LOT...lol...<

You and me both, Soraya! It's great to see so many of us beginning to go easier on us.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 07, 2009 03:58AM

Soraya! Soraya! I will call you! So glad you popped in! Yes, I'm back! I've thought about you and almost called recently, now I will. You are a dear.

I wish you'd post. smiling smiley

Date: March 07, 2009 04:21AM

i did classes of tai chi for nearly 10 years smiling smiley the qi gong ive done on my own via web instruction as there is no classes here so i do my best with what i learn online smiling smiley

Soraya nice to see you too ! grinning smiley

Date: March 08, 2009 12:51AM

I don't feel well today.

I've eaten a couple oranges, bananas, and finished the other half of the delicious watermelon. Have had 2 small plates of salad, including a little avocado. (and of course a few olives) And a smidgeon of the persimmon sauce/jam.

I went to T'ai Chi class this morning, which I enjoyed very much. The class is almost at the end of the form, and a new class begins in just a couple weeks, which is good for me. They flowed through the form with teacher's instructions and then he taught another segment. I like the teacher and the ambience of the class. He is very friendly and the students are like a family. Tues. I will go to Qi Gong class.

Have house to myself and it is nice. I feel like being alone. I feel so I don't know quite what...low, wistful. I am weak, my lungs hurt. Tomorrow I quit smoking, why not now, you ask? I want to exchange the so negative smoking (and I feel how it is hurting me, big time) for Tai Chi and Qi Gong...noxious smoke for Qi.

This has much to do with my low mood. The lungs physically affect my mood, and psychologically I am low. I want health and breath and tai chi/qi gong, but ...and I don't want to go back to bad food...but,....

The last time, very recently, that I quit I was okay for 3 days (I HAVE to wear patch or chew nic. gum), but the 4th day was such sadness that I couldn't bear it. The pain comes from deep in chest and is overwhelming sadness.

I've been listening to a hypnosis tape. I've done everything there is, for years. Yes, I've asked God, over and over and over. He doesn't always do what I ask. There must be a reason for all this. I am resigned to fact I am powerless and I have to keep trying until it is spoken "Done" by Someone Else. I can't do it, and have proven so over and over. I also tried all the gambits of "I CAN DO IT"....nope. Acupuncture, professional hypnosis, hypnosis tapes, begging, trying to be strong and determined, the facts and fear approach, giving up and asking for grace, pleading with God, combinations of all above, you name it. And my lungs are really hurting, especially the left. I even went to a psychic/empath...that was interesting. Won't go into details, but the bottom line is yes, there are huge blocks to my being able/ ready to let go of this addiction. Keep trying. The repercussions ARE transforming in nature...this last time was this sadness of sadness (the rage is gone, other stuff is gone).

I need a good cry right now. I'm not wanting to bum anyone out, this is my place to type away, and it is all ok....I will try again. I still want to eat right, do meditation, do tai chi, and not smoke. I'm 59 this month. I want to get serious about life....in a way that leads to being healthy, calm, and carefree. I also feel that from another higher perspective things are happening as best for myself, despite how it looks down here (yikes!), and sometimes I even get a glimpse of the bigger picture for a split microsecond. But, now, I feel forlorn...I have to try again. And, I cannot take tai chi, by the way, UNLESS I stop smoking ($). I have to choose.

Will eat more fruit, and I know I am craving greens so another salad. Really, I am craving carrot juice.

Date: March 08, 2009 04:54PM

I didn't make carrot juice, but ate about 3 small helpings of salad with extra celery. Turns out celery replaced desire for carrot juice. Went to bed late, slept late, and missed going to my spiritual gathering partly due to time change which I didn't know about.

Have had an orange and 2 bananas. I feel pretty good compared to last eve. which was detox-y. I've lost 12 pounds in 10 days. The fast, the enemas, the fantastic elimination that has been going out everyday and the dramatic change in eating. That's fast weight loss! So now 178.

Date: March 08, 2009 05:59PM

emotional detox can be a painful thing and im glad you feel better today smiling smiley Pam talked a bit about quitting smoking in her blog and she nailed it on the head some of the feelings before during and after.

i used to walk out of yoga class and gym adn light up lol ..how retarded is that tongue sticking out smiley i was a stress and boredom smoker so finding things to replace all that stress and boredom is what keeps me smoke free smiling smiley

it takes awhile to undo all the bad habits we have formed over so many years, but you are doing things the right way hun .. adding in good habits that will force out the bad sooner or later the time will be right and you will have little trouble stamping it out smiling smiley

Date: March 08, 2009 06:14PM

Thanks Jodi for kind words and nice balanced response.

sliced bananas and red pear over lettuce with persimmon 'jam', chewed slowly while I watched qi gong vid over and over. Love it. Small clip on Wu style (my teacher)...I want to practice it so much...I love to watch this...the main feeling that I feel and SEE is that he seems to be doing this so LOVINGLY. So soft.

Date: March 08, 2009 10:18PM

>emotional detox can be a painful thing<...
...>and im glad you feel better today smiling smiley<

Amen to both! (having been there many times)

When I've been in emotional detox it felt like the weight of the world was upon me and I just couldn't see through the thick fog of darkness. When you physical detox and emotional detox to each other and their effects richochet back and forth to create a temporary internal 'storm,' it takes a STRONG woman to just keep on keepin' on and emerge victorious.

More power to you, Elakti! I'm proud of you for kickin' the ciggies to the curb and continuing with the raw food diet.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: March 09, 2009 02:12PM

Hey Elakti (and everyone)!

(responding to your post on the 7th) I hear you!! I commend you for your strength that you may not even see in yourself! It is really tough sometimes. I think now is the time for me to start a diary here, because you all seem to be helped (and are helping each other) by having one, and I am feeling very inspired! So I'm going to do one right now!

Hi Soraya!!!

Date: March 09, 2009 03:34PM

Hi all, thanks for posting. You took the plunge, Sundancer. I'm glad.

This morning I had small orange and banana; a couple hours later I made smoothie with banana, apple, pear and some persimmon 'jam'.

Yesterday I kept eating salad, I don't know how many plates I had throughout afternoon and evening. Also had lots fruit, mostly in early part of day, including some delicious grapefruit.

I weigh 175 this morning! 15 pounds in so short a time! It has fallen off! Body has pushed it off! It has been Eliminated!

Thanks to you all who support me and give me good wishes and encouragement. It is helpful. smiling smiley

I need to get more fruit, I'm running low. I do have lots of apples and I bought a bag of small oranges for a dollar and 2 canteloupes (99 cent store).

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: March 09, 2009 08:57PM

Congratulations on your progress Elakti! YAY!

I'm an x-smoker too. I think staying raw will help a lot. Gaining weight after quitting is very hard to avoid with cooked food, and that can mess with a person's motivation. But raw food is a different story (thank goodness!).

Chewing on toothpicks really helped me. I kept one in my mouth nearly all the time.

I really like a series of little booklets by the late Doug Hooper, called "You Are What You Think" (1975). Very simple concepts, very powerfully written!

Best wishes on your new life as a NONsmoker! smiling smiley

Date: March 10, 2009 03:01AM

I'm not a non-smoker yet. (sheepish)

Had more fruit and a salad.

Went to Tai Chi class---fantastic,loved it. We worked on a few "simple" movements all class...I hope I can remember it to practice! The last time we went through this "simple" segment there was such a good feeling in room...I love that feeling which I feel sometimes, even me, when doing a movement...a ringing quiet. Plus I was at front of room since I am so new, so I was so close to teacher most of time...and he has "it".

Came home just a bit ago, so so hungry. Banana, small orange, 2 peaches and I am going back for more peaches until I am full. (stopped at store on way home, got a few ripe bananas as I only have non ripe, and a bag of peaches).

Lovely! Raw raw raw, chi chi chi!

Date: March 10, 2009 08:05PM

Wow, Elakti -- fifteen pounds in ten days!! Good for you!!! I'm right behind you! I did eat a little cooked yesterday and today, but it was very healthy and I am mainly focusing this week on not binging, not eating wheat or fried foods, and eating 90% raw, which I have done the past couple of days. After this week, I'm going to try to go all raw. By then I should be back in the "smoothie every morning and making raw soups and goodies" groove. I have to make recipes with others eating cooked, at least for now, so I don't feel deprived.

Date: March 10, 2009 08:13PM

I PMed you.

Date: March 10, 2009 10:31PM

Just got back from job search, ugh.

B/F banana, smoothie of banana, pear.

lunch small salad, simple

3:15 and continuing watermelon

Bought some red pears and some plums. I need fruit, so now feel a little better with some pears and plums.

Weigh 174, down another pound! I sure "feel" it, this weight loss. Nice.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: March 12, 2009 12:17AM

Elakti, I believe you WILL be a nonsmoker. So..... congratulations in advance! grinning smiley

Tai Chi looks so beautiful. Slow and thoughtful and lovely. I've never done it, but I've always loved seeing it.

Date: March 12, 2009 01:30AM

Thanks, Suncloud! Yeah, I'll keep you posted about how when I am using your congratulations! Yes, Tai Chi is so beautiful.

B/f smoothie

between: plum, 2 red pears

lunch: salad w/ 1/2 avocado

home: 1/2 watermelon and some raisins

Yesterday I made some tofu for someone, just marinated it in bragg's and garlic and herbs and I had some on my salad.

I watched the video on tai chi website so many times yesterday, so many, trying to learn the first few movements...practiced it today once in awhile at work...came home and watched video and so much was wrong....such simple little movements and it is so hard to 'get'! Amazing. Have to learn a second or two and practice practice practice.

Date: March 13, 2009 02:40AM

Fruit this morning--some watermelon, apple, banana, plum eaten throughout morning, no real meal-time. Lunch a small salad with half avo. Watermelon when I got home. Haven't eaten too much today.

Small watermelons are on sale at Von's for 1.98. Going back tomorrow for more. Canteloupe 50 cents each, will get some of those.

Practicing gigong, looking forward to class on sat.

Date: March 13, 2009 05:56PM

Friday, late start getting out of house to look for a job(only work 12 hours a week right now!). Have had banana plum small orange 1/2 canteloupe.

Made small simple salad for the trek out there. No dressing (I love dressing) so I threw a big tomato, 1/2 avo, parsley, basil, and a few drops honey and lemon in blender...good!

I notice I hardly drink any water these days. Coffee consumption is way down, but I still love coffee....just, fortuneately I am not depending on it to get one foot in front of the other, as I was before.

The biochemical ricochet drama is smoothing out.

Admission, not mentioned before. I occasionally have a little oatmeal. It is ok. Not very juicy! Once I did feel a definite let down. This has happened at night, of course, when the eating vacuum occurs. Especially if I don't have enough variety of fresh produce. Hard, with limited money. I will definitely go back for more watermelons @1.98, and they are GOOD! smiling smiley

All in all, feel very much better, more 'alive'. And am definitely reaping the benefit of weight loss, I feel more free and flexible, clothes are more comfortable. I've put down a 16 pound bag of potatoes. What a relief it feels!

Date: March 14, 2009 02:37AM

Not a good job search today. Did not eat much...I hated the dressing, couldn't eat it. I did find some good dressing at Henry's. I'm not ready to give up certain dressings. It's okay.

Just ate 2 bowls of salad. Romaine, green leaf, cucumber, zucchini, tomato, celery, pumpkin seeds. Deee-lish.

Had earlier half watermelon. I bought 4 today. This one I ate had so many seeds! It was a hassle. I was surprised to see them! Hundreds and hundreds of them. The watermelon was so good. How I love watermelon. I call seeds "speed bumps", as the little buggers slow me down. I particularly hate/need the speed bumps when I eat cherimoyas, for example!

I have Tai Chi class tomorrow. This Wu form is so beautiful. At first I was disappointed he didn't teach Yang style (I'd never seen Wu style before, it is not as well popularized), but now I am glad it is Wu. So slow and graceful. And less deep knee bend, which is good for me. When I watch the teacher who is a master tai chi person I am blown away, his form is so exquisitely lovely. It engenders in me such tenderness and feelings of love. There is that about it for me. And when he does it, it looks "shimmering" his relaxation and focus and grace is so full of chi. Utterly beautiful.

Date: March 14, 2009 06:27AM

I'm going to start a Tai Chi class next month and am very excited!!!

Date: March 14, 2009 04:01PM

That's great, Sundancer. I'll be so interested to see how you like it. Yang form? It is so beautiful, too. If you want to see my new teacher there are 3 short videos on his website, Tai Chi Wellness Center Master Henry. Also I've been watching videos galore on youtube.

I am about to go to Tai Chi, so happy.

Had simple banana kiwi smoothie. Will eat a few pieces of fruit and stick banana and raisins in my purse.

Did have small bowl of oatmeal last night, didn't sit well (heavy) and had bad dream of stomach ache from eating a bowl of some awful goop that looked like dog food (aaaacccchhhhh!) and was really miserable in dream!

Had eaten fruit all day yesterday, and for dinner finally had a salad which was so good with the new dressing (has blue cheese specks in it) that I had two.
Not ready to stop such dressing, I try to keep it minimal instead of dousing it. But, perhaps I am near ready to stop the oatmeal goop.

All right! Onward!

Date: March 15, 2009 05:52AM

Well, I had oatmeal.

In afternoon, I ate half watermelon and half canteloupe. A few bananas. For dinner I had two bowls of salad with lots of usual lettuce, a little cilantro, shredded carrot, sliced zucchini, tomato.

Did gigong practice, to some videos on youtube, and practiced a little tai chi from class, what I can remember....it isn't easy to remember these small quiet subtle movements!

Date: March 16, 2009 04:16PM

All is well, despite financial pit and no job. (well, I work 12 hours at min wage). Very tough, what?

Still eating oatmeal, but also watermelon, bananas, pears, kiwi, apples, and salad. Loving watermelon, and salad. I keep buying the watermelons for 1.98 and they are gathering on my bedroom floor, looking like a watermelon patch. Very pretty. No job but I have a watermelon patch on my floor! My new decor.

Holding at 174/175 pounds. My vision is not as blurry. I am feeling so much better. Also noticing benefit from the qigong and tai chi. Rawfoods and qigong are quite a pairing for healthy lifestyle.

Date: March 16, 2009 04:33PM

Wow, Elakti,
You're doing great! Glad to hear your vision is better-- that's a really great sign!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 17, 2009 01:01AM

Afternoon had kiwi and peaches.

I just made zucchini squetti with the saladacco....so COOL! Just like spaghetti, al dente! I made some salsa with sundried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, cilantro, celery, green onion, cucumber, olives. So good! And a small salad with. Very satisfying. While I was at it, I also made some Beautiful zucchini spirals.

Rachel Maddow on now, ta ta. I think we should put AIG in jail, give 'em a golden toilet, but in prison.

Date: March 17, 2009 02:53AM

Just had another big plate of zucchini squetti and salad.
----and cancel the golden toilet!

Later on I will probably have a small bowl of oatmeal. It is an ok replacement for what I used to eat at night. It will go when it goes.

Now, off to youtube for tai chi and qiqong wanderings...am much too full to practice! Did practice a bit earlier. And there are some clips of Qigong 18 Figures which I can practice along with, and I have a nice book from library about qigong and illustrated 18 Figures series. So, it is cool that there are some videos of it, and I can practice with example. Love it. I am a dancer type anyway, and this qigong and tai chi is just perfectly lovely for me. And I like the chinese type music...must get a CD...when I have money.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables