Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism: Volume II
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: March 17, 2009 10:23PM

Big ole smoothie this a.m. banana, kiwi, peach.
Later, ate most of a small-medium watermelon, delicious.
Later, peach and kiwi.
Just now, a salad.

Quiet day, my birthday so I am doing no job search, just hanging out and being quiet and ruminative and not feeling 'guilty' about it. Very inward. For balance, I washed my dog. smiling smiley

Qigong class tonight. I may sidle over to youtube and accompany someone doing the "18 Figures" right now. Sounds attractive, get some flow going on, I feel like I'm doing a disappearing act I'm so contracted. I feel like I need to breathe like I am alive and awake. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: March 18, 2009 03:30AM

Hi Elakti,

Happy Birthday!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 18, 2009 02:37PM

Hey Elakti,
I'm late.... but Happy Birtthday!!!!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: March 18, 2009 07:07PM

Hey, St. Paddy's Day girl -- happy belated, and top o' the afternoon to you!!! I'll give you a call when I get out West!!! (3 days!!!) grinning smiley

Date: March 19, 2009 03:00PM

Starting my 59th year like a baby, just wanting to sleep. Am besieged with overwhelming sleepiness, since yesterday. Bed at 8:00, hardly had appetite after huge salad at lunchtime. Walking around like I'm on valium, it is hateful. Depressed. I don't know which came first, the depression or the achey sleepiness. I think it may be a detox thing/adjustment from the new eating style, I've been through this before at around this stage, I think. I just want to lie down and sink to the middle of the earth and snooze for a century. Got to go to work....and I feel like sitting or staying awake takes more energy than I have.

Oh, I did have a watermelon for dinner, that's right. It was hot balmy day in Hillcrest and I craved watermelon and ate an entire one (small). Am taking fruit and salad to work. I could lie down in middle of busy intersection and just go to sleep, that is how I feel. UGH!

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: March 19, 2009 04:12PM

I think it is detox. I think you should sleep whenever you are able, and remember that once this detox period passes, you will probably feel amazing!!!

Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: March 19, 2009 04:46PM

Happy belated birthday.

I hope that you are feeling better.
You might appreciate some fresh outdoor air, or some time spent in nature.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

***Info from the advisors at HealthNVitality***

Posted by: tglasco4 ()
Date: March 19, 2009 05:17PM

Happy Belated Bday Elakti! Hope you enjoyed it.

Grace and Peace be multiplied.

todd

Date: March 20, 2009 12:53AM

Hi all, thanks all!

Feeling better, less groggy. And am eating a delicious watermelon for dinner. Yes, fresh air sounds good, I'll eat some watermelon outside.

Got some more greens...am going through greens like crazy. Watermelon and salads are the two big hits these days.

I think I've lost another pound. No hurry. I feel good.

Date: March 21, 2009 04:52PM

All is well.

Going to Tai Chi class soon, have been looking forward to this one for a couple weeks as it is beginning over from the beginning.

Onward, forward, yin-yang, balance. Feeling peaceful this morning. Had smoothie of 2 bananas, peach, kiwi. Will take bananas with me. Got organic celery at 99 cent store yesterday, bingo!

Date: March 22, 2009 02:31AM

Had another delicious delicious watermelon. Also salad. I am kinda craving some cooked tofu and vegetables.

Nice tai chi class. I feel so fortunate to be taking lessons from a master. He is so fantastic. To see him do the form...exquisite. Last week in the qikong class we all practiced feeling chi, the class was not as I expected...it was better. We just dealt with very simple small movement, or very subtle movement, learning to feel chi. At the end of class we tried in twosomes to feel chi from another's palm. We are all rather weak, heh. Finally, he had us stand together in group, he about 5 feet away in profile. He raised his palm and directed chi towards us. I'm standing there thinking I don't feel anything, and then the two people in front of me toppled back taking a step backwards and I felt this wave of chi start to push me back. It was so cool. It was like a steady pressure, like wind but not, more like the weight and pressure of water.

I wish I had bought more watermelon, as my patch is dwindling. Every one has been so red and watery and delicious.

Date: March 23, 2009 03:31AM

So busy today...and Sundancer called! Nice to hear from her, but perhaps we can get together another day.

I did eat lots of fruit and salad today, but also had a little tofu and vegetables, which was good, but am feeling rather full as I am not accustomed these days to that type of food. I had a mango this morning, but I am really "off" mangos. No desire for them, don't like....amazing. The first time I went raw the mango was the delight of delights. Now, it is watermelon first and foremost, and I am enjoying all the other fruits I am eating, like kiwi and peaches and pears. Quite into pears, really enjoying the red ones.

All is well. Tired, ready for sleep.

Date: March 23, 2009 03:23PM

Morning: fruit smoothie, 2 bananas, orange, pear

Mucousy nose from the tofu.

Lots to do today. Including eat another watermelon. Otherwise, look for job and other duties. Sunny day, after some rain yesterday.

Date: March 24, 2009 06:54PM

Sunny beautiful day. Fruit plate of mango, pear, kiwi. Salad with pear and tomato and zucchini. All is well. Looking for job. How unusually brief I've been lately!

Date: March 27, 2009 02:48AM

Doing well, but have not been 100% raw, eating a little cooked tofu and vegetables at night. Made a delicious salad for lunch, using the saladacco for everything: carrots, pears, apples. Also added raisins...and kiwi slices. Very delicious! The pear worked well in saladacco, and added juice to the salad. All the flavors were "runny" and fresh.

Had interview today and am hoping...

No more watermelons. Am craving grapefruit and valencias.

Date: April 28, 2009 05:34AM

Hello again, it has been a while. My food has degenerated a bit and I need to pull myself up again. I finally am working, got a job! That was stressful, but with the job began a big slide in my eating....the temptation, and the new stress of having a job! smiling smiley I certainly feel the difference, especially when I wake up in the morning in a terrible mood that only 2 or 3 cups of coffee can get me out of. Still eating good and green fruit smoothies, fruit, salad...but eating some junky stuff also, and feeling the addiction. NOW is a good time to STOP this! Need to really clean up my act before I am back in la-la land.

With the new job and schedule I was not able to continue tai chi classes. Now that I am working, I do want to continue but the scheduling of work and classes is not meshing....so I am going to take a private lesson this week! I have decided to go ahead and pay for a private lesson once a month, have undivided attention, practicing everyday until the next lesson. This will work out to the same amount of money as weekly classes or a monthly class fee and I think I will learn better. It will be up to me to practice at home. Actually very excited about this, looking very forward to a private lesson!

Am probably going to People's tomorrow and will buy some more fruit. I do have lots of pears and valencias and a big mango...I think I will splurge on a couple papayas and maybe some galia melons. I saw them last time---longingly. One of my favorite melons. Have been enjoying watercress...love it in salads. The watercress they have in People's has a wonderful flavor, and not bitter. Just a strong distinctive flavor that tastes great in small quantity with other greens. Been putting lots of celery in morning smoothies. Sometimes a smoothie that is mostly celery and green leaves and apple. Very strengthening feeling.

Date: April 29, 2009 04:09PM

Super salad at People's yesterday, and did purchase some greens, more oranges, a couple fat papayas, and other goodies.

Smoothie this morning: strawberries, bananas, 1/2 apple, kiwis, liquid zinc.

Cleaned refrigerator, may do some garden planting today, and am looking forward to the Tai Chi lesson this afternoon.

Date: May 01, 2009 03:51PM

Good smoothies, salads, and some cooked food is also in the mix. Trying to get to a better place with my food.

Tai chi class---private lesson!---was great, and am practicing.

Am going to try harder today to be better with food. I need to also lessen my coffee consumption, it is bothering me and also interfering with ease of eating all raw.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables