Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I used to say I was raw. I want to say so again.
Posted by: gold rush ()
Date: March 07, 2009 08:24PM

for a year and a half, I was close to being all raw--aside from tea and the rare hosted gathering where I wanted to avoid the diet spotlight. then this summer I moved, got a dog, a new (excellent!!) job, and got back together with a man I love intensely. With all the excitement, I unglued myself from the focus I held on the raw piece of my life. bite by bite, I've found myself 15lbs above my ideal weight, with poor skin, lethargy, and some negative feelings and thoughts toward myself. I am angry with a side of me that is easier to blame than to forgive. As my life seemed to fall into place beautifully, I let go of the very thing that helped me get here...clean sweet energy.

that's the backstory.

from here on is the regaining of peace of mind and physical health. I used to peruse the livng and raw food discussion, but I find myself unable to connect with the conversations there now. I need support, but I need to focus on myself. It's a lot to ask. But just having an imagined audience may help give me some perspective.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I used to say I was raw. I want to say so again.
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: March 07, 2009 09:21PM

gold rush, WELCOME!

We're so glad you're here.

smiling smiley

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: March 08, 2009 12:09AM

Welcome from me too. I understand how you feel (minus the job and the boyfriend!). I am coming back to raw, also. Quite a difference isn't it, once you've "tasted" it?!

Glad you're here, stick around. smiling smiley I want to stick with raw. ~ Elakti

Date: March 08, 2009 12:25AM

thanks for the positive shouts, suncloud and elakti.

after a short beginning on raw, I plan to do a cleanse for spring. I don't know what kind, or how intense I'll go with it. But when I went raw in the first place, I did the (oh so strange and trendy-pop, master cleanse) to begin. It worked. The extremeness of the cleanse made it luxurious to then be raw. I was clearing out bad things in my life then. Now there's nothing bad in my life to expunge...yet I feel I need to make some space for this.

I'm thinking a green juice fast. In honor of the soon to be verdant season.

It's a problem that I keep shifting this around on the calendar according to social events. A visit from my brother, an awards night, yada yada. These are great things going on, yet somehow I'm allowing them to be in the way of my personal fullness.

I have to laugh--it's just juice.

Date: March 08, 2009 02:22PM

I've slipped back to somewhere between 2nd and 3rd. although, the 3rd is raw, early on.

Date: March 08, 2009 02:29PM

a list as well.

smooth tan skin.
summer.
running--the way strong hamstrings swell and really power me through my stride.
the sun.
papayas.
watercoloring at the pond next to my love.
long distance swimming.
coaching track.
art. of course art.
making a new quilt.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 08, 2009 06:05PM

welcome gold rush smiling smiley and welcome back to raw ! your list looks great , keep working in the rawness i know it can be challenging smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 09, 2009 02:40PM

Hi gold rush! Welcome back to raw! I'm an artist too; what kind of art do you do?

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 21, 2009 06:03PM

it's been what...two weeks? okay. So I didn't do so well with the new me. I had three different house guests, and the foods that such socializing easily entails.

This morning, I ran a 3.6mile race. D-U-M-B. why? well. I've been back on the pavement for all of two lame weeks, and then I raced as hard as I could. So my knee is funked up. I'm a bit high from the thrill of the run--but angry with myself for blowing the next two weeks of training. I did it in 27:09 <8min/mile---which was my goal.

on April 26th, there's a 5K that I intend to place in (age-groupers, you know about this). If I can be raw leading up to it, I should feel pretty sharp on race day.

Date: March 21, 2009 06:10PM

hey kwan.
I'm a painter...but lately I've been into textiles ("freestyle" knitting/embroidery/quilting....). I love how tangible it is--not just a matter of aesthetic taste, but really physically creating.

art.
[www.flickr.com]

Date: March 22, 2009 09:02PM

spring:

cleanse
95 lbs.
under 23 min 5K.
sprint triathlon.
another pup.
minimize possessions.
80/10/10
oil pulling
home made kombucha
get fast.
really fast.

Date: November 08, 2009 01:02PM

I did a 23:05 5k.

new list:

-get healthy mentally.
-Miami INT'L Olympic Triathlon (in under 3:30)
-gallery representation
-regain the fitness of the 4th pic above

I'm eating a lot of roots in the colder weather. apples don't appeal when I'm all bundled up. Persimmons are 1.99 at the grocery store! In nyc they were 2/1.00 this time of year. maybe the clerk won't know what they are and ring them up as tomatoes...(eek! bad thought!)

Posted by: jeni jolt ()
Date: January 13, 2010 06:39AM

i think you look the best in the 2nd picture..but i like curves!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables