Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I think it's time...
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 11, 2009 03:12AM

More power to you, Sundancer! You're on the right track. Do you find that evenings are the hardest for staying raw? That was my problem in the winter.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 13, 2009 06:10PM

Definitely, especially when David cooks -- he's amazing in the kitchen (and in the garden, and with our daughter, and...)

Date: May 13, 2009 11:47PM

and.... */*

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 13, 2009 11:55PM

and.... */- (wink wink)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 16, 2009 11:17AM

Exactly!!! ;p

Date: June 04, 2009 05:36PM

It's been a couple of weeks since I've posted here. I've been having ups and downs, mostly ups. A couple of days ago a friend came back from four months in Fla. She did the Hippocrates thing for a few weeks (didn't stay at the facility) because she had a host of medical problems, then stayed and met lots of great people, basked in the sun and stayed 100% raw. I couldn't believe the difference when she returned!! she lost 40 lbs, her energy returned, her chemical sensitivities vanished, etc... So I've been 100% raw (except for one cooked veg meal at work) ever since.

I've been having major issues with my hormones and perpetual, perimenopausal PMS. I'm a 13 year old bitch in the body of a 47 year old lately. actually since I've been all raw and doing herbal supps I've been much better. I had been in such a fog that I haven't been able to function very well -- like I was on drugs or something. It sucks and I'm afraid that any day I'm going to turn back into this raving bitch.

On a lighter note, the farm is ROCKING!!! We have a website (with very little on it): www.rainbowharvestfarms.com and we'll be adding to it when we have time, though we'd much rather be in the field!!

I've been reading up on the forums here, and my thoughts and prayers are with those of you who are struggling with your health and loved ones. It's hard seeing those you love suffer. My older daughter has lots of struggles I won't go into now, but I feel ya!

Peace
Sundancer

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 04, 2009 09:38PM

I had to stop in to see what you've been doing and it sounds like you found some new motivation! Motivation does wonders and having that friend change her life even gives me motivation!

Keep going..and going and going...we are little enerziger green bunniessmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Date: June 07, 2009 02:18AM

Hey Prism -- thanks! I'm glad my friend inspired you and I bet she is too! Yeah, life is good!

Date: June 09, 2009 02:04AM

Sundancer--
That's awesome about your friend! She must be thrilled.

So sorry about the perimenopausal symptoms. I went through that; all I can say is you'll wake up some day and it'll all be over, and you'll heave a big sigh of relief!

Can't wait to look at your website and find out more about your farm.

Date: June 11, 2009 07:48PM

"So sorry about the perimenopausal symptoms. I went through that; all I can say is you'll wake up some day and it'll all be over, and you'll heave a big sigh of relief!" ----- Thanks for the support, Kwan! It can be really tough in the meantime. This month seems to be going a little better. I'm taking evening primrose, black cohosh, and more seaweed and algaes, and trying really hard to stay away from junk like fries and coffee. All this seems to be helping a lot. If anyone reads this and has more advice, I'm all ears (okay, eyes). I refuse to lose my parts because of this. Some people just opt to have it all removed, but I think the menopause process is important for personal growth -- I know my raging hormones are helping me to grow big cajones to take care of and look out for myself in ways I've never allowed myself to do, which may piss others off, but it's good for me.

Date: June 28, 2009 01:57PM

Life is very busy these days! The farm is rocking!!!!!We have broccoli, tons o' lettuce, collards, kohlrabi, kale, scallions, peas, carrots, and the tomatoes are starting to ripen!!! We're both working our "real" jobs, too, and spending quality time with our little one. I'm still having trouble staying all raw and my weight has been creeping up lately. How do you strengthen will power?

Date: July 12, 2009 01:18PM

I'm thinking I'm going to put myself on a strictish schedule this week, for many reasons: I have a lot of art and housework to do, I haven't seemed to get it together to plan enough good raw meals to keep me off of cooked food, I need to prioritize exercise and meditation, which I have been sadly neglecting, and I keep forgetting to take my vitamins and herbs, which really help me with various problems. And I never write any more. Also, David needs my help on the farm, and I feel like if I am more organized, I'll have more time for that, because farms RAWK!!!

Date: August 14, 2009 01:16PM

It's been a while. We're losing our tomatoes to late blight, but everything else is well on the farm. I went to an art show two weekends ago in Philly and they had toxic carpets. I'm still congested and nauseous from the formaldehyde. I wish I had known about them because I wouldn't have gone. It was really poorly attended too, thanks to the economy, but I met some great people, and I had never been to Philly. People there are so nice!!!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 14, 2009 04:39PM

yea my tomatoes didnt fare too well either this year .. the weather has been kinda off and on smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 15, 2009 05:57PM

Yeah, Jodi -- mainly off! But this week's been nice.

Date: December 31, 2009 02:03PM

Hey everyone!!

I've been lurking about over the last couple of weeks. Wow -- new peeps on the forum! Yay!!!

I've been very lax with my consumption of food lately, and my body and psyche have been suffering as a result. I have decided that on the 1st I'm going back to at least 80% raw. I miss how I feel when eating raw. Two years ago I lost 25 lbs. and probably 15 years off my looks. Now I look old and fat again, my hair looks bad and my teeth hurt, and I have been very depressed. So I'm giving it another shot.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: December 31, 2009 06:12PM

It's great that you have decided to get your health back on track. I'm sending best wishes to you. Have a Happy New (Raw Food) Year!!!

My favorite raw vegan

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables