Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juice Fast Diary
Posted by: satori108 ()
Date: March 26, 2009 08:01PM

I'm on day two of my juice fast. I am hoping to go for 14 days.

The night prior to my fast I tried to satisfy my cravings in a raw way so I would not crave these things on the fast. I had avocados, cabbage, mushrooms, and jicama all soul food seasoned. I drank senna tea that night.

Day 1- I do not have a juicer and can't really afford one soon. So, I blended green papaya and pear and added some cayenne. Then I strained it through a mesh bowl filter. I noticed a little bit of fiber. It settled to the bottom of my jug and I didn't drink it. I know that possibly some renegade fiber got through when I poured the juice out throughout the day. I probably drank a little. I'm hoping that that tiny bit of fiber doesn't put me into digestion mode. Anyone know if it will?

The juice tasted okay, although a made it a tad bit spicy and it made my ears feel like they were buring for a bit. Like a cartoon when they eat something hot and fire comes out. Lol.

I had some hunger pangs but not much. the only cravings I had was for fruit.

Day 2- I juiced plum, fresh aloe vera, and jicama. Jicama is nice as a solid raw, but ugh it tastes gross as a juice. I added it because I didn't want to waste food and thought it might take away the bitterness of the aloe. It did cover the aloe, but I'm not really feeling it.

I have to say that so far this is much better than master cleanse.

I work in a a program which I am surrounded by children at lunchtime. Surprisingly, I am not having cravings. I'm glad I started incorporating raw food into my diet. Otherwise their chicken nuggets, french fries, and bagels would have been calling me. I'm not gonna lie, I used to love those things, but since I've been eating more raw, I look at them like they were old lovers. We had a good time back in the day but I'm not crazy about them anymore. I think I have to take a look at some old favorites out of curiosity, but once I look at them, I turn away. I was really proud of myself for turning down homemade chocolate chip cookies the other day at the office.

I am gonna buy some mango and pinapple tonight. I can't wait to juice them tomorrow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juice Fast Diary
Date: March 27, 2009 01:39PM

Day 2- evening- I had a mild headaches. I juiced some mangos last night, but it turned out so thick, I didn't know if it counted as juice. sad smiley Too bad because I love mangos so much. I froze it instead to have sorbet after this is over.

Day 3- I juiced a bunch of spinach, apples, and a few nectarines. It's too bad that I put in all this fruit and it made a small amount of juice. I will definitely utilize aloe vera more because it makes a lot of juice. The juice is lovely though.
Not enough to get me through the work day, so I will have to get some from the cafe next door. They have a juicer but always put processed pinaple juice or OJ in the base. I will try to buy a bottle of water from them and ask if they can use that as a base. Tonight I will try juicing the pinapple I bought.

Re: Juice Fast Diary
Date: March 31, 2009 05:40PM

Day 4- I am still having some hunger pangs. No headaches though. I made cantelope and spinach juice. Yummy. I also juiced tomatos. Interesting. It would have probably been nice as a broth, but a solid drink was a bit too much for me. I've been taking senna tea every night. That night I drank another cleanser.

Day 5- Pinnaple, Aloe, spinach, and nectarines.The markets near me sell giagantic aloe leaves. I cut open the aloe and am using the clear insides. I am scraping the inside of the leaves too. The cleanser was harsh. I only consumed half my juice because I wanted to stop the effects of the cleanser. It's good for cleansing when I asm eating solids, but not now.

I made curry for my boyfriend and I wasn't tempted. The rice however smelled so good. I've always been a sucker for rice - jasmine, spanish, basmati, just as long as it isn't plain american or risotto. But I was able to control myself even though he was eating right beside me. No tea that night. I needed a break.

Day 6- Again, pinapple, aloe, and lettuce. Pinapple and aloe are very cleansing, so that's why I choose them. I will probably alternate between apple and pinapple for the rest of this. Still had hunger pangs. I drank some juice that was sitting in the fridge a long time. It made me so unbelievably cold. I spent the evening in my bed wearing 2 hoodies, with one hood pulled over my head, sweats, and two pairs of socks under a blanket. I was still so cold. It wasn't until I drank my senna
tea, that I felt less cold.

Day 7- Apple, aloe, and lettuce. I drank the lettuce first, so I could have the best energy. A little lettuce juice was left over. I've been making my juice by blending and straining through two paint strainers doubled up. I saw a guy make green juice on the internet like this. All the fiber left over, I've been freezing so afterwards I can make little patties and cookies. I'm thinking of using aloe vera gel instead of flax seed gel or chia seeds. I can't really eat seeds, so I hope it works!

I still have some hunger, but less. I am hoping tommorrow, the hunger will have gone. I have been tempted to break my fast both yesterday and today because of the hunger. I have to keep reminding myself what this is for. On the master cleanse the hunger was gone by the third day, so it was relatively easy. Honestly, before, I fasted for the wrong reasons. I fasted for vanity and I would stop when I thought I lost enough weight. This time around, I was thin before I started. This time, I'm fasting to cleanse myself. I really want to go to 14 days.

I picked up some green tea because I read that it was an appetite suppressant. If the hunger comes back, I will try it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables