Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
My Raw Journey - 2nd Round
Posted by: westiemom ()
Date: April 02, 2009 04:03PM

I accidentally posted this in the meeting place last night. OOPS! So I'm reposting it here this morning and starting fresh. Here we go..........

This is my second attempt at going raw and I'm planning on it being my last.

I was doing really well until I was sidelined with IC and my migraines became even more intense than usual. Now I'm finally getting some treatment from a doctor who seems to know what's wrong with me (after many years of suffering) and is very open to me eating raw.

Of course right now my diet is limited until I can make sure my IC gets under control and hopefully once that's done I can start adding more things in and eventually my goal is to get off my meds.

Anyway, I'm starting on my 2nd raw journey tomorrow morning. Of course this is the day my coworkers decided to have a potluck and I don't have enough experience yet to bring a fancy raw dish so I think I'll stick with a large salad.

I'll probably post what I'm eating each day and how I'm feeling since what I eat does play a big part in my symptoms. I hope I don't bore you too much - stay tuned for hopefully some exciting info 8).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Raw Journey - 2nd Round
Date: April 02, 2009 11:09PM

Okay, so today was my first attempt at raw - 2nd round. All in all it went okay I guess, but I think I'll do better tomorrow. I did have a couple of things I know I shouldn't have, but I'm still working on it so don't be too hard on me.

My IC symptoms were off and on all day, but that's nothing new so we'll see how they do as I get better at this. I did have a stresser though that's not going to bode well for my attempt. I developed a wierd reaction to my migraine meds and my neuro pulled me off of them and told me he doesn't know what else to do for me and has to refer me to someone else. In the meantime I have no meds to lean on so all I can do is hope that this raw lifestyle kicks in quickly. Because of the migraine thing and despite of the IC you guys will have to forgive my soda drinking since I've found it can sometimes help to ward off a migraine attack that's trying to creep in.

Oh, and my husband came home today!!!! He's leaving again on Sunday afternoon, but at least I've got a few days with him and that's always good!

My menu today consisted of:

- Oat bread toast with blueberries & water
- Salad w/romaine lettuce, squash, zucchini, corn & ginger dressing w/water
- Coke (felt a headache coming on)
- Roasted potatoes & salad w/romaine lettuce, squash, zucchini, broccoli & cauliflower w/a tiny amt of ranch dressing on the side (I'm still trying to get rid of that) & water

I know it's not much, but my symptoms leave me without much appetite and despite that I'm still 60lbs overweight. I'm working on that too.

Date: April 03, 2009 05:28PM

Today's a MUCH better day symptom wise and I'm so happy. I've still got some back pain, and a small ache in my abdomen, but it's nothing I can't work through. It's also a much better day raw wise, except that my husband has talked me into going to a Chinese restaurant for dinner tonight. It's his favorite and since he's been out of town and he's not eating raw I decided to oblige him, but I plan on sticking to the steamed rice and veggie dishes.

Today's menu:

- Blueberries, pear & milk
- Salad w/romain, squash, zucchini, broccoli, raw sunflower seeds & olive oil dressing - oh, & a couple of crackers
- Canteloupe, honeydew, pineapple & grapes (I know I'm not supposed to have these until my symptoms calm down, but they looked so good in the store I couldn't pass them up)
- Light Chinese fair - as veggie friendly as I can find anyway

So far I've gone without a soda and no headache has crept up, although I thought one was going to get me earlier today.

On another note I'm going to start making my own laundry detergent this weekend. I'm trying to cut back all the way around as far as our finances and any extras go. Wish me luck and hopefully it isn't a catastrophe!

Date: April 04, 2009 06:52PM

Today's a beautiful day! The sun is shining, there's a slight breeze, the flowers in my yard are all blooming and for some reason I'm sitting inside. Well, I was cleaning but I think I'll take advantage of the beauty that is today and go enjoy the sunshine.

My laundry detergent got put on hold. I couldn't find all the ingredients I needed at any of the stores in town so I had to order everything online. Guess I'll give that a try next weekend.

I also ordered some books last night from Tonya Zavasta and can't wait till they arrive! I got "Your Right to Be Beautiful: Miracle of Raw Foods", "Beautiful on Raw" and "100 Days to 100% Raw". I'm so ready for them to arrive. Since my family is cutting way back on all extras in an effort to conserve not only finances but on everything, this will be my last treat to myself for quite awhile so I'm hoping I really enjoy them and learn lots from them.

I also realized while I hate that my husband isn't home during the week, it's much easier for me to eat raw when he isn't home. I can grab some fruit or toss up a salad and not worry about what he wants. The kids are easy to please so I don't really worry about what to make for them. I would love for them all to be raw, but at least I can expose them to more when their dad isn't here. He supports me, but does give most things I eat a little snicker and the occasional upturned nose.

Today's menu:

- Blueberries, mango, young coconut (my first - YUM)
- 1 piece of oatmeal toast (I know, I know, but I'm still working on it)
- Salad w/mango, romaine, squash, cauliflower, cucumbers & olive oil dressing & perhaps some roasted potatoes

I'd say all in all since this is my third day even with the little cooked items I'm not doing too bad. I'm not craving anything really. The only reason for the cooked items is that I can't seem to not use these items since I bought them before I restarted this journey and I don't want them to go bad. That and maybe I really am craving them since my husband is home and I'm having to cook for him. Who knows? Anyway, I think it's going well all things considered.

Now I'm off to enjoy the sunshine and perhaps pull some weeds in my flowers. I'll probably pay for it tomorrow or tonight with an IC flare, but at the moment, I'd rather be outside than worrying about later.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: April 05, 2009 05:00AM

Hi Westiemom!

I wouldn't worry about eating some healthy cooked food while you transition, especially if it is vegan and it is food you already have -- silly to throw it away! I think you are doing a great job, and it is good that your kids are willing to eat living foods. This is important.

Glad you're here!!

Date: April 05, 2009 05:51PM

Thanks Sundancer, that makes me feel better.

I did mess up last night and eat some meat (yuck, I know) and definitely regretted it. Not only did I feel emotionally bad, but I felt physically bad too. My IC symptoms started flaring again and they'd been doing well the last few days.

I did do some yoga though that made me feel really good about myself. Of course it's been so long since I've done any I could only do about 10 minutes, but little steps right? I started DVRing a yoga program from the Oxygen channel. It's called Inhale and it's probably too hard for me, but I'm determined to work up to doing the full hour. Baby steps, baby steps....

Today's menu:

- Mango, blueberry & coconut water smoothie
- Salad w/romaine, squash, broccoli, cucumber & apple w/olive oil dressing
- Strawberries, bananas, & pear fruit salad

I may add in some other items later, but I'm not sure. We'll see after I go to the store this evening.

My hubby is leaving again today and we've decided not to go to visit the family for Easter. For one my symptoms get worse after long rides in the car (3 hours ea way) and for another since he's going to be spending so much money on gas going back and forth we'd rather save some by not taking a family trip. Besides both of those things, since he's gone during the week, he just wants to be home. While I'd love to see my family, I'm glad he wants to be here with us. It also makes things easier on me as far as eating goes since I won't have the worry of offending anyone by not eating their food, and I won't have any explaining to do about my choices. They're my choices and I shouldn't have to defend myself to anyone else. So instead of doing anything major for the holiday we'll put the pool up for the kids and work in the yard. I'll be so happy once the water in the pool warms and I can add a little swimmming to my new yoga routine. Yay me!

Date: April 06, 2009 01:14AM

Okay, so I broke down and ate a bean burrito from Taco Bueno. I should have just stuck with the menu I posted earlier. I completly messed that up today, well not completely, but I didn't stick to it at all.

Today's menu actually consisted of:

- Mango, blueberry, coconut water smoothie
- Popcorn
- 4 animal cookies
- Bean burrito & rootbeer

Tomorrow's another day and I've gotten a pile of new fruit and am ready to redeem myself once more.

Date: April 06, 2009 09:37PM

I was right, raw is much easier when my husband isn't home. I do miss him though smiling smiley

Today was a very productive day for me. The kids were at school and since it's my day off I stayed home and cleaned and just enjoyed the day.

I did however find that apples aren't good for me. About 45 minutes after eating half an apple my IC started flaring again. It's actually not feeling very good at the moment and I'm trying not to take anything and hopefully just ride it out with a heating pad or an ice pak. I'll have to try apples again once things calm down some more.

I should receive my books in the next couple of days and am so ready to read and learn more. I went to the bookstore last night and almost bought another raw book, but had to remind myself about our cutbacks and I showed restraint. This particular bookstore does give store credit for used books though and I think I'll take some of my old books and see if maybe I can get enough to cover the raw book. My kids were excited about that option too since they both have tons of old books that they've already read and were wanting to get new ones too.

We also decided to go ahead and visit the family for Easter afterall. I'm going to take every precaution I can to avoid a flare and I've decided I don't have to explain my diet decisions to anyone. My parents know what I'm doing and they know why. Noone else needs to understand. It's a personal decision and mine to make. I've got my health to think about and that's all that matters.

On another note I think I'm actually losing weight. The scale only shows 1.5 lbs, but my pants and shirts are both looser and I just feel different. Maybe it's the energy I never had before and the easing up of my symptoms, but no matter what it is I'm enjoying it.

Today's menu:

- Strawberries, banana, blueberries
- Salad w/romaine, cucumbers, mushrooms, avocado, strawberries & olive oil dressing
- 1/2 apple
- Salad w/romaine, cucumbers, mushrooms, avocado & olive oil
- Falafels (not raw, but vegan - I checked), since I'm still transitioning I'm allowing myself 1 or 2 small cooked items each day so I don't feel so overwhelmed and will slowly phase them out as much as I can

Date: April 08, 2009 12:11AM

So I totally blew it today. I had an extremely stressful day at work - HORRIBLE even. The only thing that could have made it worse would have been to be fired, although at this point I'm ready to go somewhere else anyway. There's nothing worse than to work with people and you have absolutely no control over anything that goes on. I work in the client's office, but hold a very important position. I'm supposed to run this department for the client, but the people I'm having to depend on (client's people) are idiots. Anyway, I got so stressed and so mad I left work early before I said something I would regret, stopped at the store, bought a bottle of wine and came home, had a glass, some cooked potatoes, left over falafels from last night and "gasp" even meat.

I know this isn't what I should have done. I should have come home, put on my yoga and did some stress relief and perhaps even taken a bubble bath. I just got so beside myself I didn't even realize what I was doing until I was halfway through my plate of food. I didn't finish it thankfully. I just dumped it all in the garbage and logged on here.

I was doing so well today too. I'd only had fruit all day and was proud of myself.

Ugh, I've really got to become better at doing positive things to relieve my stress. I've got some relaxation CDs and I think I'll put one of those on tonight before I go to bed.

Tomorrow's a new day, and I will calmly start over and be stress free!

Date: April 20, 2009 07:40PM

Okay, so I'm back. I don't know why I haven't been here, just haven't been doing well with raw, or even cooked for that matter.

But I started over again today. I haven't done as well as I'd hoped, but I'm trying again.

I had some juice this morning - carrot, canteloupe, celery & cucumber. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but it wasn't all that bad. I also had some cooked junk food, but immediately regretted it and am starting over - again.

Why is it so easy for some people to just decide they're going to do something and they do it and never look back, when others decide they're going to do something and get on and off the wagon time and time again and struggle through it everystep of the way? My husband has accused me several times of not being able to finish things I start. He's right - for some reason I can do all sorts of things at work and do great things I'm proud of there, but when it comes to things in my personal life I can't finish anything I start.

I'm trying again no matter - this seems to be the story of my life.

Date: July 07, 2009 09:50PM

As I said before - I'm trying again!

I don't know what happened other than the stress of my medical issues and family got to be too much for me and I gave into temptation and took the easy way out. Now after several more months of misery health wise I know I've got to do this for my body this time - no questions asked.

My family supports me fully in my decision to go raw, but they don't want to do it themselves. My youngest is struggling with the choice to go vegetarian (he's 10) and hopefully I can give him a good example to follow. He's said he wants to eat raw with me but hates veggies so he's not sure how he's going to do it. I've got to stick this out until I see the results I need not only for me, but for him as well.

Wish me luck and send your thoughts and prayers of support my way. I can use all I can get!

Re: My Raw Journey - 3rd Round
Date: July 09, 2009 07:26PM

I should have changed the title of this the other day, but better late than never.

So far so good on the raw front. I started yesterday with a monster IC flare, but I didn't expect anything different. I've only been doing raw again for a few days so my body has a lot of catching up to do.

Work stress along with body stress this week is definitely giving me a run for my veggies so to speak and it's proving hard to stick to, but I'm working at it.

Today's menu:

1 apple
blueberries
large salad w/cucumbers, zucchini, iceberg lettuce, spinach, sunflower seeds, carrot & grapes
2 bananas

*Not sure if I'll add anything else or not.

Date: July 10, 2009 12:40AM

So my menu changed today and only consisted of 1 apple, 1 peach and some watermelon. I know it's not enough, but with the current flare I have going I just didn't feel like eating. These fruits arent' always IC friendly for all sufferers, but they've done pretty well for me in the past - I just hope they don't become a problem.

Tomorrow's a new day and I pray the strides I'm taking will make tomorrow a better day and I'll be able to eat more of the veggie category.

I know I can't handle tomatoes, which is really sad right now since I've got some wonderful, yet tiny, supersweet tomatoes growing in my garden right now. But my first fresh bellpepper will be ready soon and I plan to add it to a wonderful salad smiling smiley. After that - freshly picked cucumbers - yum!!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 10, 2009 08:52PM

glad to see you back an on track smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 11, 2009 02:29AM

Thank you so much for the "re-welcome" Jodi. Glad to see I wasn't completely forgotten.

Today was a crazy day! I spent the entire day working in a non-climatized warehouse moving boxes full of documents, unloading boxes, re-loading boxes, organizing information in boxes, sorting boxes - all in the 100 degree heat.

This is the most activity I've done in a long time and even though it was probably too much for me to start with out of the box, and even without the IC misery, the rest of my body was jumping for joy. I sweated out an enormous amount of calories, drank more water than I have in a long time, completely destressed and was left with tons of energy.

Sadly with all this energy I still have hours later I'm sitting in my bed with an ice pack and debating whether or not to take my pain meds. My IC wasn't happy with me already and all the bending, pulling and lifting just made things worse. I was so active and so hot and in so much pain I was only able to eat a peach, a little broccoli, some carrots and a few grapes. I have a feeling tomorrow won't be a walk in the park, that's for sure.

We are planning on taking the family to the movies tomorrow so I'll have to fight the urge for that nasty yet so tasty movie theater popcorn, but after today, I'm feeling stronger in my resolve than ever and am positive I'll be able to handle it.

For some reason I'm just realizing what's strenghtened my resolve to go raw and stay raw, even through all the hurdles. I've got all these health issues and while I've known for a long time that this is what's best you'd think I would have figured this out before now. On Monday I had a heart test to determine if there was a hole in my heart, which might possibly be the reason for all my migraine issues. They had to put me under anesthesia for this test and during the pretest questioning the nurse asked me what meds I take and what conditions I have. My hubby immediately spoke up saying, "What doesn't she take?" and "What problem doesn't she have?". This really made me feel self conscious and has been bothering me all week. I didn't realize until today that this was why I need to go raw and stay raw. Not only do my medical conditions and all my meds affect my health, but they also affect my husband and family. I've got to do this for all of us, not just me.

Date: July 12, 2009 11:33PM

I have to say that my entire outlook on the consumption of meat has definitely changed today - for the better. My family is not vegan, much less raw, and I've been on my own trying to figure this thing out. There is still meat in my freezer, although I truly don't want it there. I've always understood why people become vegetarian or vegan for the various reasons and I've understood, even though I didn't choose that life for myself. I've been trying to do the raw life for my health primarily and in the background was my moral convictions, up until today. I won't go into detail about why, but I will say that my moral compass has completely changed and I doubt I will ever again crave animal products for food. Which is saying alot for a South Louisiana Cajun girl.

On a lighter note, my 10 yr old is a master smoothie maker and there is no bribing that has to go on. In fact, he asks me if we can have smoothies or if he can make his own. He loves to just add it all, so I've really got to watch him to make sure I have fruits and veggies left for the rest of the week.

Oh, and I bought some jikama and a casaba melon today so I'm excited to try them and hopefully add a new twist to my daily menu.

Date: July 13, 2009 09:52PM

Today was a much better day raw wise and even a better day all around, with the exception of a migraine which was relieved after about 2 hours, just a little twinge left now.

My menu today was (in no particular order):

1 nectarine, 1 banana, seeds & nuts, a handful of grapes
bowl of cheerios w/milk & 1 banana (I know - I'm working on it)
smoothie consisting of spinach, blueberries, dates, bananas, peaches, oj & wheat germ
carrots w/ranch dip (working on that one too)
1 soda
casaba melon (tasty - yes)
thinking of having some cherries later - we'll see

I'm noticing I've got a large push toward fruit and not so much veggies. I normally love veggies but for some reason I'm craving fruits - any and all forms. Maybe it's the sweetness I'm looking for, maybe they just have what I need at the moment.

The only reason for the cheerios and milk was that I felt like I needed something more substantial and even though I had the carrots I just didn't feel the shakiness and weakness subsiding. Some may say it's withdrawal symptoms from my usual cooked food diet, some may say I need to add more fat and maybe both are right. I think I'm going to pick up some avocados by the end of the week and hopefully I can add those in and perhaps they'll fill that void.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 14, 2009 06:55AM

Wow............ Im trying so HARD to go raw..... but wow....... seems like I eat 10x's as much as most pple eat here.

When I wasnt "raw" at all.... my family though I had a tape worm couse I could eat so much............. still eat tons.... but since going more "raw" eat a lot less than "normal", but so much MORE than any one on here..... UGH!!!

No Wonder there are so MANY obese pple on the world!!!

Insane!!

Date: July 14, 2009 01:34PM

TA2DQT -

I'm not really experienced in this, but from what I've noticed in myself and from what I've read from others your body will tell you how much you need to eat and as the journey goes on you'll change the amounts depending on what your body needs.

Don't feel bad about the amount you're eating, unless it's mostly unhealthy foods. Even then, don't feel bad - just consider why, what and how to change it if it is unhealthy. I know plenty of people that can eat a ton and weigh considerably less than me. It's all in our individual metabolism.

Of course I'm working on mine and I know it's very possible I'm not getting enough in during the day. This is partly due to the effect of meds I hope to soon be off of, as well as just habits I've picked up over the years of not eating during the day. Who knows - maybe if I can eat more I'd finally start getting rid of those pesky 60 extra pounds I've been carrying around.

Date: July 14, 2009 07:43PM

nah nobodys forgotton you hun it usually gets slow in the forums this time of year when everyone seems to be or trying to be spending less time on the computer and be outside hehe smiling smiley just something ive noticed smiling smiley

westie i have about 50-60lbs more to go too ive come down from 225+ to fluctuating between 160-180 the last year smiling smiley id like to be 120 (im 5'2"winking smiley to 130 that seems to me when i really looked my healthiest smiling smiley it sure is a pesky thing but i know that i just have to start being more physcially active .. being 100% raw for the last almost 2 years has sure helped lose the orginal weight but i know now its not gonna budge much more unless i reduce my calories some more and ramp up the exercise smiling smiley

Date: July 15, 2009 12:50AM

Thanks Jodi - I should be spending more time outside too, but with all the work chaos I just can't seem to find the time - guess I need to make the time.

As for the weight, it's something I've struggled with all my life and while I haven't been eating raw strictly to lose weight, it'll definitely be a plus smiling smiley

Today was another stressful day thanks to work and tomorrow it's back out to the nonclimatized warehouse so at least I'll get some exercise to work off some of this stress.

I did go out to eat at lunch today, but stuck to the salad bar with the exception of a taste of some cooked lima beans, so I was and am very proud of myself for that. However, I did break down and have some french fries after I got home. Not a good choice and I don't feel very well afterward - blech sad smiley

Today's menu was:

1 apple, 1 banana
salad w/romaine, carrots, beets, mushrooms, cucumbers, raisins
taste of cooked lima beans
cherries
french fries

Date: July 15, 2009 06:38AM

i hear ya westie hun i am stressed to the max these days sometimes i just dont even wanna get out of bed , but on we trudge smiling smiley

look what i found for you on the internet smiling smiley

Raw Food Diet Recipe
French Fries
Today, I had so much fun with my kids eating raw french fries with ketchup. We served it with avocado and cucumber slices and we had the best dinner ever! Partly because the look on my husbands face when he took his first bite.

My 6 year old daughter was laughing so much, she almost fell off her chair. She then went on to give a plate to our neighbors, grandparents and some other "cooked" friends. The expression when they found out it was raw. Priceless. And they too liked it!

Here's the best raw food diet recipe ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raw French Fries Recipe

Serves 4

Fries

4 kohlrabis
1/2 cups cold pressed olive or hemp seed oil
2 teaspoons curcumin
1 teaspoon sea salt

Cut the kohlrabis like french fries (julienne). You can do this with a knife, but it's easiest with a mandoline. Put the kohlrabis in a bowl.

Put the oil, curcumin (kurkuma) and salt in a bowl. Mix. Pour over the fries. Let sit for at least 10 min. Then drain and scoop onto some paper towels (to take off excess oil).

Ketchup

3 tomatoes
3 pieces sun dried tomatoes
5 dates (or 1/2 teaspoon stevia and 4 more sun dried tomatoes)
1 squeeze lemon juice
1/2 cup pure water

Put all ingredients in a blender. On the bottom of the blender the water, lemon juice and tomatoes, on top the dried tomatoes and dates. Blend well. This will be easier if you leave the sun dried tomatoes sit in water for a few hours.

This is a winner snack on every (raw) dinner party. Send me a picture of your french fries party when you're done: esme@thebestofrawfood.com Then I'll post it here on the blog.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 15, 2009 06:25PM

Hi Westiemom,

I am new to raw foods too (although first time for me) and am still in transition. I have read many of your above posts and I often feel the same way you do, especially with struggling to eat raw when the rest of the family does not, and dealing with setbacks.

However, I have been lucky enough so far to not have had any serious medical conditions like you have, and for that I offer you my best wishes that sticking to a raw foods diet can help you with your symptoms and even make them go away for good. I have read many amazing testimonials to that effect and I believe it can happen for you.

Hang in there!
Sarah

Date: July 16, 2009 02:10AM

Jodi - those raw fries sound great! I'll definitely give them a try smiling smiley

Sarah - it's good to hear someone else is struggling like I am. I know there are others, but it's good to actually hear from them too. I'm holding out hope and believing that I'll be able to get off of my meds. That's what's keeping me on this journey - the hope and belief that this is the best thing for my health, overall, not just for my current medical issues. If all it does is relieve some of my symptoms or at least make them easier to deal with - I'll be happy. If they are cured I'll be ecstatic!

Today was a crazy chaotic job day and I found out that my only good worker out of 3 is leaving August 1st. The other 2 are on military orders so that leaves me alone to do the job of 6 people that only 3 people are currently doing, including myself - talk about stress! I did have a productive day in the warehouse and again sweated out many calories and toxins and drank plenty of water.

My IC and migraine symptoms are going off the charts lately. In addition to the stress factor I'm probably eating stuff I should be holding off on and adding in later, but a girl can only eat so many pears and blueberries in a day before she gets burned out. My doctor even told me at my last visit that I should get a less stressful job. Yeah right!!! If I were to do that there's no way I'd be able to make the same amount of money and no way I could =pay my bills and since we're already living from paycheck to paycheck and have cut out so many extras that doesn't seem possible. All of my extra money goes to medical bills it seems so this raw change has to work. I'm sick of paying doctors and pharmacies!!!

This afternoon was rather crazy too with both kids having music lessons and having to go buy my youngest some new shorts and undies. Since he had his tonsils out at Christmas he's gaining weight like he's about to go into hibernation. I can't say anything though, that's when all my weight issues started as a child too. He loves to eat fruit and make smoothies and is still flipping back and forth on whether or not he's going to be vegetarian. It would be so much easier on him if my husband wasn't a junkfood junkie and we didn't have it in the house but I'm trying to help him out. It also doesn't help that he's become extremely lazy this summer, which completely isn't like him. I can't say much because I will admit I'm lazy too, but this is completely not in his character.

Onto today's menu:

1 banana, a handful of cherries
salad w/spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes (even though I'm not supposed to have them), seeds & nuts
1 bean burrito & 1 cheese melt (I know, not vegan or raw, but vegetarian)
casaba melon
1 soda

I have a feeling I should have eaten more, but after spending so much time in the heat, I just find it hard to eat. My appetite just seems to disappear. It's catching up with me now and it feels like my stomach just won't stop growling, but I'm trying not to eat anything too late. Perhaps another bite or 2 of melon and I'll be alright........

Date: July 16, 2009 02:54AM

hehe np smiling smiley you can also replace the kholrhabi which is kinda turnipy with the Jicama you got as the Jicama is a bit more tasteless if you dont dig turnipy smiling smiley

Date: July 16, 2009 02:56AM

Oh good, I've been trying to figure out what to do with that jicama.

Date: July 16, 2009 03:03AM

you can make a taco out of them too depending how big it is smiling smiley check out these jicama repicies [www.goneraw.com]

i like trying new things , a few weeks ago i had this weird Sapote type thing sitting on my desk which i think i stared at too long when i finally opened it up it really didnt taste that great it was almost alcoholic lol .. i think it was overripe tongue sticking out smiley

Date: July 17, 2009 01:28AM

I'll definitely have to play around with that jicama this weekend - hmmm.

Today was a crazy day and hopefully my job is secure after December - although if I'm right I'll have to take quite a large pay cut. It'll be alright though, my family will just have to get back to the basics, which can be better in the long run. This also means that my medical bills have got to go so the raw thing is that much more important to me.

Don't have much to say today so I'll jump right to the menu:

1 apple
1 soda
pb&j
1/2 peach
smoothie w/spinach, blueberries, casaba melon, banana & dates

I'm working on the soda addiction I seem to have, but still adding in more water, so that's good.

I feel like my clothes are looser, but I'm not getting overly excited so we'll have to wait and see.

Date: July 18, 2009 12:35AM

I was right - my job is safe after December. I was offered a permanent job with the current client when our contract ends, but it does come with a rather large pay cut. My family and I have discussed our options and have decided that staying put and dealing with the pay cut is what we want to do. We worked hard to get the house and land we currently have in the middle of nowhere and don't want to go back to rent and a big city. If I don't take this position I'll still have a job with my company, but it means we'll be traveling and there will be no real stability for my kids, especially considering my husband's job has him going all over the place. This is going to mean sadly that my kids will have to give up their music lessons and there are lots of extras we'll have to do without, but the biggest expense is my medical bills which have just piled up. This makes my commitment to raw that much more important. If I want to stay out of the doctor's office and stop refilling expensive prescriptions I know this is what I have to do.

Today's menu:
cherries
red beans & rice (didn't enjoy it)
salad w/spinach, cucumber, carrot, tomatoes
nuts & seeds
2 sodas
1 peach
black grapes

Okay, so I didn't do a good job of sticking with what I know I need to do, but somehow putting this in print makes me think about it and sort of rejuvinates my desire for the raw life.

Date: July 18, 2009 05:01AM

well good on keeping the job and your home and land .. crappy bout the cut backs tho for you and the kids ...

perhaps you can find free music instruction online .. i learned how to play guitar online for free there is many good websites and forums for it and lots of folks out there to help smiling smiley

assuming they know the basics of their instruments perhaps some family time each week keeping in practice and finding new and harder music to play online will keep things going untill things change smiling smiley

sux when stuff like this happens but we all have to think outside the box to get by and still do the things we love to do smiling smiley we had to sell our *big* boat in the spring because realisitcally we couldnt keep it .. the fuel is too expensive and it just wasnt in the budget ..we got a smaller aluminimum boat with a little 9.9 hp motor on it an quite honestly we still have loads of fun , just being together on the water no matter the size of the boat smiling smiley sure we dont go as fast but maybe we were going too fast before anyways smiling smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables