Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
110 pounds lost so far, in 6 months !!!
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: February 25, 2010 05:59PM

I have been living a new life since sept 10th 2009. I have found the fountain of youth.

My goal is to become a powerful bodybuilder using mainly leaves !!!
I have gone from 440 pounds, bloated, fat, swollen, i could barely sit on the toilet. I would pull my back every few weeks.

I am now 333 pounds ! !! which for me is quite a bit thinner, my ideal body weight will be around 275ish, as i have a huge frame. I am lucky in the fact that i could actually carry my 440 pounds. I am fighting through this transition to a new life. Dr. cousens says it takes about 2 years for it all to feel totally noprmal, and to be a new person. I'm doing pretty good. Since my induction, i have stimulated many many people to start the process of learning and drinking green smoothies. Its like a ripple in a pond. If i hadn't gone raw, many of my friends probably would have eaten fast food today. BUT, many of them are getting enlightened with me now.
So i now feel like i MUST share with the world as much as i can. I truly feel now, that if i don't share, there will literally be people that will die from not learning these health secrets that actually make this struggle in life so much easier. Peoples problems are so related to food. so many people think they are depressed and sick and this and that because of random things. I swear, i am learning, that it is mainly all DIET !!!!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 110 pounds lost so far, in 6 months !!!
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 26, 2010 12:59AM

yay ! good for you what an incredible progress so far smiling smiley awesome , keep us posted smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: February 27, 2010 01:02PM

Congratulations! That's wonderful progress. We would love to hear your continuous progress on this journey.

Love,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

Don't give up before the miracle happens.

I stood in the sunlight at last.

Date: March 01, 2010 06:48PM

Thanks mona, thanks jodi, i appreciate your Love....
Its great because I have already witnessed a miracle, YEars of battling obesity and I stumble upon raw food where in 5 months I lost 110 pounds.
My journey began when I was talking to 2 of my friends who have been raw for a year and a half now. They told me they had each lost about 45 pounds during the first year, and they didnt seem to be overweight at all before hand. They looked great, it wasnt like they were bad skinny or anything. That moment I had an obvious realization, they are able to eat that many sweet things and still lose weight??? This was mindblowing to my previous mindset of LOW CARB is god deal. So i started looking into the methods of raw food and in a few months went 100%.
Now what is really amazing is that I really could have lost this much weight in closer to 3 months, not five. during the holidays I broke off and ate about 80/20 raw/cooked, though i stayed vegan, which was a major change for me in a beautiful direction.

I really want people to realize how serious this is, I lost 110 pounds with very very little exercise. I now feel so energized I don't fear the exercise anymore, and in fact its easier now than it even was in high school. Its all about the enlightening foods, I don't feel weighed down by meat, grease, flour, sugar anymore !!!

So yes mona, believe me, i am already a convert and already converting others. And i am in it for the long haul for the real deal miracle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 04, 2010 07:24PM

Lion,

I couldn't help but cry when I read about your progress. This is definitely amazing!

Keep up the amazing work and keep in touch!

Date: March 05, 2010 08:18AM

Awwwwwww, thats sweet Diagabeoch......
I cry a lot my self. The weight loss has released a TON of toxins and fat but along with that comes emotions, that seem to be released right along with the other junk. This past 5 and a half months has been a very emotional time for me. Right on.......

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Date: March 11, 2010 04:03AM

RAWLION, you are my BIGGEST inspiration! I want to follow in your footsteps with your amazing weightloss. I hope everything is still going wonderful with you and your progress. Keep up the good work pal!

Date: March 11, 2010 08:12AM

Not only is everything going good, its AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today, i decided to take things deeper for a minute. I bought this thing called RAW CLEANSE. Its a 7 day cleanse thing, pretty basic 3 part deal. you can eat with food or whatever diet. but i want the fullest effect possible, so I am doing only liquid and smoothie for the week while i do the raw cleanse. Plus, this might sound REALLY weird to those who aren't in the know, but I am going to be doing coffee enemas everyday. This was the only way Dr. Gerson could find to get the liver to squeeze out toxins it can hold onto for a lifetime potentially. the caffeine has a unique effect and makes the liver squeeze out toxin buildup into the colon! he cured 100's and 100's of cancer patients and his methods are still curing people.
So yep, everybody, I'm doing good. I'm glad I can be a light in a dark place. My biggest goal is to help show people, by example, that this is really easy. And to have faith that not only your physical issues will be cured but mental too. I'm not making any medical claims. some people have issues, i know. but i am sort of manic depressive at times. except in the summer smiling smiley
The raw diet has been steadily making me feel balance that i never have felt in my life EVER! i started at 328 today. I am excited, i feel like i can get into the 200's!! pretty quick. I am jump starting this with my liquid fast/feast/cleanse. for the record i felt great today. though i was pretty aggrovated in the morning. i waited too long to have my smoothie. I have a HUGE build. so being in the 200's will be crazy for me. in high school fooball, i was listed as 6'6", 360 pounds. i was the biggest guy in the league. and i could leg press over a thousand pounds. So, i feel i will land in the mid 200's eventually. Its so exciting to be reborn, my life has been miserable from eating and it has drained me so much over the years. and then this, so easy once you step through into the light. much love to everyone suffering. You are home.

Date: March 29, 2010 05:48PM

wuddup everybody !!!!!! i am currently up to 123 pounds lost !!!! my powerful, muscular figure is fighting hard to come out from under this shell of ex-obesity !!! I will be under 300 pounds in a few weeks !!! this will be a first since i was maybe 15 or younger even. wow. Just wanted to update my progress. I don't get wheatgrass anymore. I love its effects, but the taste wrenches my stomach. So i focus on chlorella, spirulina,and of course my daily greens !!
Its not about my daily bread, its all about my DAILY GREENS !!!
I started on sept 11,2009 at 440 pounds, I am currently at about 317 !!!!!
It was an honor, respect thing. Something seemed fitting to celebrate living in a country that is willing to kill thousands of its own citizens in order to increase the level of control over its slave citizens. Those who still believe we live in a democracy, are still living under the yolk of oppression. Raw food has taken me that final step. I no longer live eating the "blue pill", the way of false denial. I am now 100% red pill. Reality is hard to hide from once you wake up. My personal health was one step along that path.

Date: May 05, 2010 06:25AM

WUDDUP YA'LL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its been almost 8 months, and i am currently feeling amazing. I have lost 130 pounds so far. I feel new. I am losing age, as I lose weight, as my body tightens, as my mind lightens, as my emotions become controllable,as my mind gets clearer!!! This has been such an awakening, I found myself at the Living Light Institute in Fort Bragg,ca. Its a training school for raw chefs!!!!! I am SOOOO going to be a raw food chef !!!! I decided I'd do the full program, so i can not only be a chef, but also be trained at nutrition. So i can teach classes and other fun stuff like that. which feeds my ultimate purpose which is to show as many people the secrets i've learned, as possible !!!! I want people to see its easy to become your Baywatch self. june last year, i was eating a 72 oz steak in amarillo texas. today i ate kale salad, green smoothie,1 peach,2 bananas,1 pear, and half an avocado!!!!

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: May 05, 2010 02:11PM

Wow! Wow! And wow! You go, guy!

My favorite raw vegan

Date: May 08, 2010 12:51PM

I am so inspired by your progress!!!! Thank you so much for sharing.

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

The joy is in the journey, so enjoy the ride.

New ideals and new attitudes bring a new life.

Date: May 29, 2010 04:27PM

WUDDUP ya'll, I am currently feeling grrrreat!!! I have been getting up by dawn lately, not on purpose, i just feel so good that i get up and take long walks with the ipod. Keep in mind I am a 30 year old stoner who used to stay up until 2 or 3 am every night. so this is a wild and beautiful phase for me. I have noticed that if i get up early and exercise my day is MASSIVELY improved. IT raises my stress tolerance by about 500%. I have currently lost 140 pounds since september 10th. And I actually jogged twice yesterday on my walk. But I decided to go get my bike tuned up, which turned into new tires, tubes,a back wheel. But she is gonna be pimpin!!! good for another 5 years of biking!!! All i know is raw food is heping me lose years, lose pounds and gain vibrance. Women have started to notice me again. I will be in my baywatch phase by the 1 year mark!!!!

Date: May 30, 2010 07:28AM

RAWLION,

I always enjoy reading your postings. You are so inspirational. I had a bit of a lapse today and reading what you wrote has inspired me to get back up on the horse - errrr, bike - ummm, whatever - and ride on. Thanks for helping us all keep encouraged.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: June 02, 2010 04:19PM

lets keep in mind that the biggest strengthener is failure, which we fight through, and learn our weakness, the way we have learned not to walk in front of cars. Eating crappy foods are much the same, though we have been trained since day one to in fact "walk right in front of those cars"......meaning we are just slaves trapped in a slave society in which our only benefit to those in control is if we all keep going to work, and eat crappy foods, thus enslaving us to the cycle of suffering and weakness and confusion that cooked foods afford us. In reality, TRIVE, you are super strong, and have just gained 1 more notch on your stick. Because every time you fail and stand back up again, seems to temper the human mind in ways that cannot be achieved in any other method. So the person who says hey, I've been raw for 6 months, no cheating, is either lying, or is not gonna be as prepared for rough patches as the person who has been raw for 6 months and has messed up a few times here and there. True strength is in getting back up. good job.....
I am glad I inspire with my weight loss, age loss, and vibrance gain.
I am seriously addicted to getting up at dawn now! and this all happens automatically, thats what has blown my mind about raw food!!!!!!!
all i did was made the decision to go 100%

Date: August 13, 2010 12:15AM

Rawlion I want to thank you for sharing your experiences. I'm a newbie to raw food (like only yesterday new!!) but have been contemplating it for a little while. You are such an inspiration. I need to lose 38 kilos (sorry Im not sure what that is in pounds) to get down to my ideal weight but I havent weighed my ideal weight for about 13 years. Ive got closer but then always went back up! If you can do what you've done -happily and enjoying every minute of it, then I can too. Thanks heaps and I look forward to continuing to follow your journey!
In love and Light
Rangimarie

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 25, 2010 02:57PM

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!
I wish i could lose at that rate.
congrats!!!!!

Date: November 17, 2010 11:06PM

HEY EVERYBODY !!!!!
Its been a while, crazy busy wild summer and fall! I am so much lighter and happier and healthier and vibrant that its hard to get online sometimes.
I am proud to announce to everyone, that I have not only stuck to my diet but I feel more proud to be raw everyday. I am happy healthy and still losing my body fat. I started at 440 pounds in september '09. a few days ago I weighed in at 262 pounds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been hikingb wearing a 40 pound weight vest to make up for my weightloss. I ride my bike 20+ miles now !!!! I love it! you should trust yourself. trust other peoples experiences on raw and go for it. 100% is truly an experience untouchable by any other thing I have ever done. I honestly feel that anything less than 99% raw just doesnt create the magic I feel. I mean this especially in the first 2 years. Many people can handle 20% cooked once they have truly detoxed for a while. But if you haven't gone 100% for 2 years, you need to, your cells want you to. My skin is tightening up so fast and beautifully it is like a miracle. I will post new pics soon!! I love everybody and thank you for the support. and good luck to everyone who wants to try it. you can do it!!!!! anybody can!!!!
I have lost 178 pounds in 14 months !!!!!!!!TRUST ME!!!!!

Date: November 18, 2010 12:26AM

How great to hear that you are doing so well! No wonder you are feeling proud... that's such an accomplishment! Wow! Wow! Wow!

I look forward to seeing your latest photo. smiling smiley

My favorite raw vegan

Date: December 29, 2010 04:48AM

Fantastic, what an inspiration you are for us. I can only aspire to be 100% raw like you are, and at a young age too. Goodonya mate.

Date: December 30, 2010 02:44AM

its so EASY being 100%. you just have to DO IT!!!!!! then after a year you forget about all the crappy cooked junk ! i am hooked on 100% raw for life !!!!
its easy to perceive being 100% as being hard. But it isn't continuosly, just in the beginning. riding the line by doing mostly or partly raw is whats so hard because you are always battling for balance. I highly reccomend everybody trying 100% for 1 month, then you can go from there. the truth will be obvious then.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 01, 2011 12:54AM

your enthusiasm is infectious smiling smiley here is to a great new year to you smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: January 01, 2011 04:32AM

I loved reading this thread! I'm so happy you have found your own path on raw and are having such great results! grinning smiley

I totally agree with you about forgetting the old cooked cravings crap after a year or so of 100%, I'm so glad someone else has said that as sometimes I feel a little alone in my 'I don't have cravings' condition. I really believe it's the 100%, it cleans you out and makes you a new person with new food cues.

Love to you! grinning smiley

Date: January 07, 2011 06:20PM

Wow, good job. Getting rid of the "junk" in ones diet can be an amazing experience. I consciously try to eat healthy and when I slip I can feel the impact. I get headaches and feel week. Takes discipline for sure.

Date: January 13, 2011 08:48AM

hey everybody !!!!! I just weighed in yesterday at 249!!!! this is a huge milestone for me because I haven't weighed this little since middle school! I just started going to the gym and pumping iron the last few weeks. I'm in a fitness bootcamp once a week and that is feeling awesome! I love being strong and I love how the raw has made me very energetic. I am still 100% raw! wouldn't trade it in for any cooked food any day. No reason. Its so perfect being this healthy I can't imagine eating cooked food when I don't even want it any more!!!!!! My dream of being a powerful weight lifter is coming true as I make it. I am starting with a hardcore personal trainer next week. He is gonna have me on a 4 day a week power training regimen for me to get super strong and potentially be a bad ass at deadlift, thats my goal! This is the most awesome phase of my life I can remember to date. All I can say is everybody, hear my story and go 100% raw, this is your only chance!!! you only get this body once to live in!!!!

Date: January 13, 2011 03:18PM

Excellent! Perseverance is what it takes to reach your goal. Looks like you have it.

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: January 13, 2011 07:01PM

You look great, Rawlion. It makes me so happy that you've remained so dedicated to this way of living, and your results speak for themselves. Your children are lucky to have a father who knows about real human food and proper exercise, that is invaluable. You are an excellent example and source of inspiration. Keep up the good work!

Date: January 14, 2011 06:09AM

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!

I have been waiting for your update and it was worth the wait.

You are doing GREAT! What a role model you are! Congratulations!!!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: January 16, 2011 02:02PM

You are looking HAWT!

Bootcamp eh? I've always wanted to do something like that. I'm joining a running group this coming Wednesday and I hope to increase my amount of exercise (which at the moment amounts to a bunch of walking and nothing much else).

Keep us updated and if you have any new pics, put em up! smiling smiley

Date: January 16, 2011 07:52PM

thanks klomasius! i appreciate that......i will keep putting up pics now that i am making quick physical improvements. Bootcamp sounds rough, but its really just a seriously intense 1 hour workout once a week. if i was only doing that it'd be cool to do it twice a week, but i am also in weight lifting training with a serious trainer and that regimen is 4 hours a week also. its super exciting. and all this health, stamina, strength and awakening I owe to RAW VEGAN FOOD!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables