Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New & RAW
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 07, 2009 05:46AM

Hello everyone.

I am new to this whole experience and way of life.

I'll start by saying I have been a vegetarian for about 9 years now. My reasons for going Veg were mostly health reasons but primarily compassion for animals.
I grew up on eating animals so really knew no other way of living until my mid-20's. I gave up all beef and pork 13 years ago, but still ate chicken and seafood. I gave up the chicken 9 years ago and kept some fish on occasion just to be able to eat out at a restaurant with family. I gave up all shell fish.

After carefully considering my beliefs that slaughtering animals for our food pleasure is totally wrong I became a vegan 1 year ago. I will admit I fell off the vegan wagon and ate cheese when I should not have!!! No more milk, eggs, or dairy for me. Worked out great because due to my health I can't have dairy anymore!

After years of poisoning my body and creating disease within I need to clean up my act and go RAW. I learned from a friend what that meant and am just at basic RAW/living 101 so any helpful hints and recipes would be gladly appreciated.

I did get a juicer as a gift from the hubby. It is a Breville Juice Fountain Plus (silver one) and I am loving it every single day. It fascinates me. I can stick a whole carrot in and get a cup of juice. Little things like that amuse me!!

I'm trying to stick to a juice fast right now but need more juice combo recipes, please help?? I'm always finding recipes online that seem to call for an industrial strength juicer and blender and I have a cheap, average blender.

I'm hoping to lose weight - going for 30 pounds - doctor recommended it. I'm very short and petite and carrying extra baggage. The juice is giving me so much energy.

I also found that if I get Kombucha Raw Organic Tea, orange/citrus flavor I add that to my fresh orange/apple juice and Kom-POW-Bucha is that good.

I'm going to a live/raw vegan class on April 18th so I am hoping I will learn so much more.

Once the weight gets down, I would like to stay on this lifestyle way of nourishing the body.

Great to be here.

RawDotti

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New & RAW
Posted by: tglasco4 ()
Date: April 07, 2009 08:45PM

Welcome RawDotti,

May blessings continue to attend you on your raw journey.

Grace and Peace be multiplied unto you.

todd

Re: New & RAW
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 08, 2009 05:09AM

Thank you Todd for the support. I found tons of recipes for my juicer on here and am grateful to have found everyone here to be so supportive.

I printed out many recipes and went and bought bags and bags of produce.

Enjoyed a pear, ginger, carrot juice today.

Had some Kombucha. And water. Not much today. I need to give my belly a rest sometimes because of a health prob I have. Fasting with the juice really helps!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables