Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
weeding my garden
Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: April 11, 2009 10:06PM

i entitled this journal weeding my garden as i thought it explained how i viewed my transformation. of course,the biggest weed i have is weakness. and i cant make up my mind on how i want to leave my mark in this world.do i go for a profession,or an eco village lifestyle?if im the law of attraction,wheres the attraction? i just "heard" all the hype on these subjects and it still hasnt sunk in,all you need to do to "change your mind".

so im starting with big juicy fruits(not the gum)and all the avocadoes i can eat.i also love olives.i think in the begginning of this diet you crave raw fat.
no,im not totally 100%. could be near,as i have 0 job and all the time in the world to tend to myself and cleanse. i mean,i still smoke ciggarettes.

i love exercise,but i dont do it.i did come from a well bred family,but it split up and we all gradually went down our paths of sadness. me?i turned to drugs and depression.partying and living in fantasy land that everything would be taken care of until i got schizophrenia.i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

thankfully thats over but the scars are still here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: weeding my garden
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 12, 2009 01:48AM

That's very sad, and I'm sorry about the hard times you went thru. I'm glad it's behind you now.

You'll find your passion(s) in good time. Keep growing and learning and enjoying the abundance from Nature. I'm in my 50's and am still learning all kinds of things.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 12, 2009 03:32AM

hey Law welcome to the boards smiling smiley if you want to join Prism, Pam and I on a 1 week high raw challenge you are most welcome to join in smiling smiley

regarding your personal situation ... concentrate on adding the good things in life and the bad things will fall by the wayside smiling smiley Pam quit smoking .. i quit smoking .. im sure others here have too .. good raw foods and healthy thoughts and practice make it easy ... just keep at it smiling smiley

i think the craving of fat at first is a natural thing as the heaviness of fats slows down the detox to wear you are comfortable .. so its a natural thing to do .. detox can be a b*tch ! lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: April 12, 2009 05:19PM

Please do join us for our jump start on Monday or anytime after is ok too.

Love,
Prism

Date: April 14, 2009 01:17AM

thanks a grape bunch for including me! im been doing good on my own that i feel i could join you.i will post the results under my journal,weeding the garden.

Date: April 14, 2009 01:36AM

good day.semi raw day.but the last 2 days,sat and sun day was i flying off a fruit high! never felt that way before in life,and like i said,ive tried hallucin drugs b4!this is natural. oarnges were my intake. i kept eating them and eating them last night. and i danced,read and wrote until 6 in the morning today! first time in a long time i was stimulated.ive been crying more lately,but tears of happiness. and release.

never was paticularly spiritual,i am now.how could i not be?
oh and i need less coffee.the fruit turns me on so much that its like it got natural caffiene in there.just feel really light in thought and heart and my words are elevated.i am counting on brining in more raw to my diet and the bad habits falling away as i become more "light" a more lighted being.so this is what all the hype is about...

i used to think i couldnt afford the diet so i didnt even attempt it much,now i just eat simpler raw foods rather then fancy salads.i feel if i dont start now with the money ive got i never will,so cucumbers,celery,avos,apples and oarnges this week.i scrounge for what ever cooked foods i still "need".(bread mostly)

i guess i felt so poor that i would never tell people on these raw sites what i was eating as it was not as advanced as i,but im humble and pray people do not make fun and say "oh look at my yummy macca,cocoa,bannana,cayenne,coconut smmoothie..."i litterally drool every time i see a pic or hear of someones pricy,yummy,gourmet, dish...i live below poverty level.and my jealosuy used to be sky high.but like i said humbleness has taken over.i finished the book law of attraction last nite.i raised my vibration just reading it.and made a long list of my likes and dislikes.

Date: April 14, 2009 02:46AM

I choose to eat as simply as I can with regard to raw foods. I have some books with recipes but mostly I just eat the whole fruits, whole veggies unless they are in my green juices or in a smoothie.

As soon as I see a food processor or blender, I feel like the whole foods are being overprocessed. But I'm not a purist, I use my blender and juicer too.

I think once you get into what raw foods you like the cost can go down, it's when you first start that you want to try so many things, it can get confusing then and costly.

You are doing great!

Love,
Prism

Date: April 15, 2009 10:05PM

i just called david wolfe a snob.
no to his face, but to his email.but hey i thought the jeousy thing was over.
and i thanked him on telling me on how, not to be (a snob) living for only HIS best day ever, and makin money.just, ways i see him manefesting.

but enough of him.time for me .i can say only me, as there is virtually no one in my life to spend time with.

i live in the mountains where the people are cold like the weather (unless its summertime)

Date: April 15, 2009 10:45PM

but this isnt the the place to "expose" people,especially people who help humanity.

i wish it was different and i could say nice things about him,but my jeaoulsy does rage.hmmm

not so raw today and i feel depressed about it.my idea on living on cucumbers is not working.i need fats.im out of avocados and the olives i get are not raw

living on 30 dollars a week for food is so little.

ive posted this message on how pricy raw is (onanother forum) and NO one will "agree" or at least they dont want to talk about money and these foods.hmm

anyway,sorry to be such a complainer.i need money.what happened to my fruit buzz?

Date: April 16, 2009 03:07AM

Law, regardless of what you think, say or feel about him (wolfe) hes still gonna carry on doing what hes doing regardless of what you think say or feel about him smiling smiley

turn your energy to yourself and dont worry about what the raw gurus are doing smiling smiley your time would be better spent finding ways to find more raw foods for less money than it is wasting time sending emails to someone who probably doesnt read them and probably doesnt care

raw vegan can be expensive yes or as cheap as you can find it, it takes ALOT Of research on your part to find what is available as close to home .. find out where all the distrubuters, growers, and farm markets are you will get things cheaper. buy in bulk .. find freinds that want to share bulk purchases.

if money is a problem there are only 2 ways to fix the problem .. #1 make more money or #2 buy things cheaper .. either way is not easy and will take alot of effort on your part .. but the ends justify the means smiling smiley in my opinion smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2009 03:10AM by Jgunn.

Date: April 16, 2009 03:29AM

law maybe some of these links will help you, theyve helped alot of others sourcing food at cheaper prices .. i dont know where you live so you will have to do the legwork smiling smiley

[marketplace.chef2chef.net]

[www.pickyourown.org]

[www.localharvest.org]

[www.wwoof.org]

besides this idea ..again not knowing your life or family situation , i hope you can find your happiness and bliss smiling smiley dont waste your time being angry at people that dont care or acknowlege your anger , although it might make you feel good or justified at the moment its really doing nothing to further yourself or your life in the positive direction you are going smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2009 03:30AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 16, 2009 04:34AM

yum good cheap food, try weeds they are the best nutritional food you can find. Stinging nettles, dandilion, and others. They grow wild and are free.
Sometimes I find marked down foods at the store The bananas are 29 cents a pound when they start getting spotty.
Where there is a will there is a way
You can do it and maybe you will be the next to write a book on cheap raw foods.
Keep up the good work
love Pam

Date: April 16, 2009 05:17AM

good plan too learn to forage ..there is alot of free food out there for the picking i regularly get about FREE several hundred pounds of plums, apples, pears from unpicked trees in my CITY neighborhood, not to mention as pam said .. tons of free dandelions, nettles, etc .. smiling smiley find out if there is someone in your area doign a wild foods demo or learn on your own

Date: April 17, 2009 12:23AM

Which mountains do you live in? You'll find as you go along with buying raw foods, you'll get it down to basics which makes it cheaper. Sapoty Brooks has a very simple way of eating raw. You can find his website and find his core diet. It's very simple, like apples, celery, and oranges if I remember.

Don't worry about being 100% raw, but try to eat those unraw foods that are the healthiest for you, and go from there. It's all a transistion.

I'm wondering why you are focusing on a certain individual for your jealousy? Did or do you know David? Forget about him.

Here's what I wrote down the other day to remind me what to plant in my head:
Focus, Humility, Thankfulness, Gratatude, Loving, Nurturing.

Love,
Prism

Date: April 18, 2009 10:58PM

thanks ya'll...im glad no one held it against me for being angry.thanks jqunn for telling me to focus on me!

i needed to hear it 100 times before it sunk in.

im still addicted to fat and cooked food,therby craving more and more any food.

this week i did by untoasted nori,avo,brown rice, carrot and sprout to make rolls. been livin off them for a few days.

my mind seems to crave the simplest cheapest raw now but i think physically i go threw so much transition,i stop, and slow down and resort to wanting rice and all the avos i can get!

i think since its spring time im springing into action with this diet.so im takin advantage of the weather to help me go raw

im also ridding myself of old friends

this diet can be isolating but i believe i am commited to helping myself and meeting others of like heart and mind, like you! alone is good,better than bad company.

Date: June 08, 2009 08:56PM

just when i think im ready to quit going the raw food route, altogether, for various reasons, it comes back to haunt me.

i found this old magazine at the local library for free the other day. it was a san franciscan alternative one that made its way here. it looked old and battered, but i took it anyway.(actually only from 2007)

glancing through the countless pages of yoga ads, i came upon a full spread on dave wolfe and his raw foods. it was enlightening, as he usually is, and had me longing for the path again.

good news is, im over smoking.ive had a few here and there, but find myself not craving the stuff and feeling more pure.i find myself believing a bit more and in a slight way, probably from not smoking, feel myself going through a change.

Date: June 13, 2009 08:08PM

greetings, everyone!

still feelin a big change coming on...as a result of me changing a few filthy habits.ive contacted some phycics over the net and theyve all said the same thing...you are about to go through a change...i welcome it.i guess im getting down to having the best life ever and having fun doing it.not going with the flow and thinking i have to struggle to make it, that it can be incredibly enjoyable.like not having to go for 6 years of an education to gain a career.theres not much contempoary schooling offers thats appealing to me. journalizm,thater arts, but the lenght of time detours me.so im pumping myself to believe i can educate myself the unconvential way.
heres all i ever dreamed of

today i had a bluberry oarngejuice banana spirulina strawberry smoothie.yum.last night a spinach avo salad with tahini lemon dressing. love the tahini.

read the new dave wolfe superfoods book. i loved it. very informative and an easy read.

Date: June 13, 2009 08:25PM

oops so sorry, my time was up,back to the garden...

my dreams

sing
dance
act
write screenplays
music composer
all around performer
reality tv
design a fashion line(concious fibers)
raw food promoter..speaker,all around enthusiast
fruit tree planter
all around garden grower
world traveler
help people with their dreams!

no doubt, id add to this list as my life enriches.one exciting lawofattraction thing that happened recently is that i won 15 dollars on a lotto ticket.very exciting.

got the esther hicks books on manifesting...excited to read!.oh, i talk alot about creating the life you desire so if you need inspiration on attracting good things to you, read my posts, as your bound to find something on this subject to uplift you!

Date: June 14, 2009 03:00AM

I have a little book by Stuart Wilde (he has a website) it's called the Little Money Bible..and it's about manifesting the abundance of the Universe, energy, light, love, and energy..and I've read it several times over.

Recently I let someone borrow it and they read it in one night and then had to give me a hug the next daysmiling smiley Guess they liked the book and what it had to say!

I think your list is wonderful..I also make lists. Good luck!

Love,
Prism

Date: June 15, 2009 07:52PM

thanxs prism! my aunt has a weight loss buisness called prism.

you ever have alot of to do lists on your mind but lack the motivation to do them?

one of my to dos is read more.read period.i have no reason i never read except that throughout my years of depression and schizphrenia i became very withdrawn and bored and lethargic.even though i had and have ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to read and educate myself,i still find depressing excuses to drown myself in more misery by being a bump on a log.or ive always been the type to start a project and end it the next day.ive given up more times to count.

i dont know what sparks a person to change their ways.is it the sun coming out this spring?the warmer weather?more fruit in the summer?

i thought it was the will to quit my smoking habit.its still happening and refer to it as my "changing grace"

i read alot this weekend.WOW.it actually entertained me,and sat with the tele off for hours.change #2.keep it coming.i read the most fascinating qoute from the 'ask and it is given'book.i forget word for word.but it was something about being consistent which will produce consistent results.

as in catch a healthy habit, do it day after day,consistently to see the consistent results.i think people give up to easily

Date: June 17, 2009 12:47AM

i love to talk, to communicate, write,create,it has me feelin lighter afterwards,like i just had a gab fest with my best friend, so here goes..

its 5:35 now and i just had my raw meal.a kale,avo,tahini,lemon,sprout salad.before was free bread from the church.oh and some bluberries.im out of bananas til friday,my staple for smoothies.

today, im starting to feel gods presence and love in my life. i mean im going to start experiencing that intentfully.im having a hard time with manifesting my desires, expecting them to come without believing god really loves me enough to set me free and take care of me.guess i always thought, or rather didnt know at all how god or the universe operated.i thought alot about how much wrong ive done and figured god had punished me.forever.im strating to lighten up,mindfully,and getting into the flow that im not meant to struggle(maybe detox,but thats detox).

guess ive been conditioned by the church or the lack of the real god presence in my life.i have this urge to create my own spirituality and really know life was meant to be painless,happy,harmonious, and because its not said enough,i'll start saying it to myself.

Date: June 17, 2009 02:05AM

I think you are on the right path, with reconditioning yourself. It does take time, but with a lot of positive feedback from your own inward talk you can do it.

I have lots of lists for all kind of things. I even have a list that sits on my nightstand with a candle in my 'money' corner and it gets changed out with a new one peroidicaly as things actually manifest in my life.

I think the key is if you have a list of the things in order of priority, you look at that and just naturally edit out the 'other' things in order to get those more important ones done or accomplaished.

I wrote myself a check for 6 million dollars the other day. Why not? It can't hurt anything?!

Love,
Prism

Date: June 17, 2009 02:25AM

thanks prism.i love encouraging others.

(i think) i was the first to post on dave wolfes new website,to leave a comment.i put my name down as girlgoneraw,my twitter name.i left positive remarks,no snobby stuff, as im slowly realizing,its not where i wanna be,in a place of jeoulosy.so you rawk wolfe!if you hadnt heard it enough.

its 7:20pm on tuesday nite,the sun is setting and im thinking about food!my bike ride home will be joyful, as i remember,i am loved and live in a universe where dreams really do come true,and then some

oh prism,you asked once which mountains do i live in..the sierra nevadas.

think healthy thoughts!

Date: June 17, 2009 04:30PM

good morning.

i saw a coyote on my bike ride to the computer this morning. i ride through the woods to get to the college here and crossing the path was a morning coyote. i prayed it move along and not see me, but it stopped and stared, wandering what id taste like , probably. i rode off and it didnt chase me. i just wish id see some wolves around here. they killed them off when tahoe was first inhabitated by humans as they saw the wolf a threat to human civilization here.

had a salad at 7;30 this morning, the usual.tired today as i slept just 5 hours last night. i think im excited about something and anxious to get up in the mornings now.actually, i know i am.

Date: June 18, 2009 07:05PM

the joys of stretching............did a yoga dance sess this morning.went from 0 to hero afterwards!for breakfast-25 bluberries.(this was my morning twitt)

sometimes i feel blah when i know i should be excited about something and it just doesnt take me there.but when i move my body and loosen up, everything changes!i feel ESTATIC!i hope i remember this every time im feelin like a 0.my mood improved ten fold!

its gonna be all sunshine today, after 3 weeks of rain and clouds.not common for tahoe.its like the summer that never was, even though its still springtime.

went to bed at 8 last night.slept til 8 this morning.my morning routines are as follows...wake up and enjoy the rested, sleepy feeling til i come out of it...roll out of bed, drink water...say hi and cuddle with my cat.turn on the tube, watch tele or listen to xm....while drinking my joe, and as of today, start my dance and yoga routine!every thing falls into place after that.

tommorows pay day and i get to go to the health food store again. i love it there. smells like heaven.

Date: June 18, 2009 09:20PM

lunch-1 nectarine...not very hungry today..thats alright,i can stand to skip a meal or two..ive been on this free bread from the church kick and its really stickin to me..or in me..found the success ultra now website..it rawks..theres a forum there..im winkenblinkenandnod. (its a favorite childhood poem)its about success,raw foods,superheroes,amazing grace.

Date: June 18, 2009 11:19PM

ive been up since 8am, on the computer since 11? with a few breaks.its now 4pm...i dont know whats happening, but i sure am not bored anymore.

im gonna go home now and dance -yoga.

todays accomplishments: found success ultra now
recieved a dw vid about food and attracting money...if intrested just ask me...lots of other inspirations mostly concerning what ive been posting all along.law of attraction stuff..hehe..im gonna go home and get out of my head and into exercising my body...even the law takes breaks from her powers...or does she?...

Date: June 19, 2009 08:45PM

wow.it works.it really works.the law of attraction.i just experienced my first request manifested,ten fold.

my first wish was to get a massage, for free or nearly free.i started requesting this oh about a week or less ago..of course, not knowing how on earth its gonna happen.

so i walked in to a cafe and right next to it opened whats called a tahoe community center.its this REALLY REALLY cool place where they offer medical marajauna, yoga classess,COMING SOON raw food classes!,meditation classes,hiking,dance, and YES!massage therapy!

so i wasnt THAT excited until i heard...its all free...seriously.they dont even WANT your money.no donation.no nothin.i gotta find out who its run by..the city?

A FREE MASSAGE? 5 DAYS A WEEK?I KNOW THEY CALL LAKE TAHOE HEAVEN ON EARTH BUT THIS IS UNREAL!

Date: June 19, 2009 09:23PM

wow excellent ! smiling smiley

even tho its free, im sure you can find someway to give back somehow to keep the law going smiling smiley

thats totally awesome smiling smiley

Date: June 19, 2009 09:50PM

thanx jqunn...its kinda "scary" to have things go your way.im not down that i never learned this before,just wouldnt be bitter,im floored that its happening so fast!now its like,what do i ask for next?gosh,im just happy i got paid today,and theres a destress class at 6 tonite!for free! you know thats what holds everybody back except the rich folk is lack of funds to do healthy things like try all the raw foods, yoga classess,weekly massages,vacations,reiki treatments,acupunture,raw food events,cars, children,homes,the list goes on.at least thats how it was for me.never understanding how the law operated.

i otta go by a lotto ticket now,im on fire!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables