Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
High Raw Week Challenge smiling smiley
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 12, 2009 03:01AM

Starting Monday April 13,09!!

Anyone interested just jump in smiling smiley

ready ! set ! GLOW !!!

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High Raw Week Challenge smiling smiley
Date: April 12, 2009 03:08AM

So far we have

Jgunn !
Prism
Pam smiling smiley

Date: April 12, 2009 06:55AM

and volcomchick8797 ! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2009 06:56AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: April 12, 2009 01:02PM

Yeah, sign me up!!! I need a jump start (or restart) to 100% raw! I"m glad it starts tomorrow because I'm working 12 hours today and have no idea what I'll be able to eat at work.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 12, 2009 04:19PM

Count me in!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 12, 2009 05:17PM

Oh yes...I'm so ready for this! My juicer is set up, my blender is on the ready, and I have all the raw goodies needed to get started.

Love,
Prism

RE:
Posted by: Natsroses ()
Date: April 13, 2009 12:13AM

Yes, me, me! Count me in! It'll be great to do it with other people.

Nathalie

Date: April 13, 2009 12:13PM

My tummy hurts today thanks to all the not so raw friendly foods at my in-laws Easter gathering. It's nice to share with family, but boy my stomach DOES NOT LIKE IT, I ate mostly cooked vegetarian stuff but a crazy mixture of things.

I think I'll start with water and lemon and then just water for most part of the day.

Date: April 13, 2009 05:02PM

Hi Everyone! I've started out my morning with a cup of peppermint tea. I'm feeling like bananas, maybe lots of bananas..so I'll start with that later in the morning or around noon time.

I'm really up for this, and am glad to have company. I'll post at each end of day what I've eaten for each day.

Good luck to us all!!

Love,
Prism

Date: April 13, 2009 11:21PM

fairly good day with exception for a raw lasagne that i totally botched for dinner lol .. so im having a smoothie for the rest of the day till i head to bed tongue sticking out smiley

very stressfull today (mondays after holidays suck lol) phone ringing off the hook making me want to toss it out the window and the weather started nice this morning and went steadily downhill from there tongue sticking out smiley

Pam did you get any nasty rain/hail today? smiling smiley

Date: April 14, 2009 01:00AM

Ended up not being such a good food day today (wont even go into what I put in my belly) ... I'll start tomorrow. sad smiley

Did go biking for nearly 2 hours, so that's something. smiling smiley

Nathalie

Date: April 14, 2009 01:06AM

good job Nat smiling smiley dont strress over what you didnt do .. celebrate what you did do smiling smiley

dont worry if you werent 100% today .. thats not the point smiling smiley if you were even 1% today its 1% more than you were yesterday smiling smiley its all about progress !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2009 01:08AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: April 14, 2009 01:34AM

Hey... i'm in guess i'm starting tomorrow technically... though i've been 100% raw for 1 1/2 months now ... i want to focus on getting the nuts out of my diet... or atleast under control... no out for now... today i went to clean my dad's house and he had nuts... and i ate nuts... and nuts and more nuts... i felt sick... but i ate some greens for dinner to balance it...but that just helped my belly blow up like a balloon... but i did put on some groovy music and danced up a dust storm while i was cleaning... that was fun... and tomorrow i will do better...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 14, 2009 01:57AM

well today was a bit busy, lots of unexpected things just popping up. I planned to go out and collect some nettles to make a green smoothie before going to school in the afternoon but it was hailing so hard I oppted not to go forreging. I ended up eating only fruit all day and packing two pluatts and a tangerine to school. While driveing to school I was concerned that I would get to hungry and be tempted but something told me to relax so I tryed to relax about my eating today. Class was over so I drove another rout and bought some romain and collards to make my smoothie tomorrow.
What I ate
grapes about two cups of them
2 tangerines
4 pluatts
1 banana
4 romaine leaves
1/2 cup fresh salsa
1 red bell pepper
1 very small avacado
I feel full and light

Do you think we get nutrients from breathing? Just a thought, afterall we get nutrients from the sun. Sometimes I do deep breathing when I get that belly rumbling and it goes away.

There is snow in the forcast and lightening storms, I am anxious for some warm sunshine.

Date: April 14, 2009 02:41AM

I was silly and went to do laundry today and it was packed due to the Easter week-end..I didn't even think about that. But I did get it done.

I was much better off today then in the near past with more fruits, and some sunflower seeds, and raw almonds. I think I'll do a scale of 1 2 3 with 1 being lowest and 3 being all raw, and 2 being high raw. I was a 2 today! Yeah..that makes me happy.

Tomorrow I am going to juice fresh grapefruits, make some green juice, and have a yummy smoohtie. I like having the day planned mostly of what I'm going to eat.

Today I had a couple bananas, a couple oranges, fresh strawberries, peppermint tea, and some orange juice. The oranges are such a good deal right now and they are very good too.

I have plans on making a key lime raw pudding sometime this week, I've made it before and it's really good. It has avocado, lime juice, and raw honey, and dates I believe.

So, looks like we have quite a group and the week has begun!

Love,
Prism

Date: April 14, 2009 02:53AM

ugg talking about laundry .... this morning it was so nice out but there awas a breeze floating through the backyards and the neighbor was doing laundry ala dryer sheets and bounce was bouncing all over my house i finally had to close up the windows regrettably as the perfumagation (did i just make that word up lol) was killing me lol

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: April 14, 2009 03:14AM

Jgunn I know what you mean -- my neighbor uses them too and our houses are fifteen feet apart.

Today was a 90% day -- I started with a little non-raw but mostly raw food, then ate salads for lunch and dinner. I'll start tomorrow with a big smoothie and try for 98-100% (I want to account for the random condiment). I'm hoping for three good workouts this week too, but work, art and the farm are keeping me incredibly busy these days, so we'll see. I guess I should make workouts a little more of a priority, although I wait tables, so work is physically demanding.

Date: April 14, 2009 03:26AM

i feel like ive gotten venomous to the point of obnoxious when it comes to perfumagation smiling smiley ive coem right out lately and told people they STANK! when it comes to perfumes ..its like an epedemic every spring people loading all up scents .. must have soemthing to do with valentines day lol ..

leaves me gasping for air like a fish outta water lol

Date: April 14, 2009 05:24PM

i am starting off the day real good with some globe grapes and later I am enjoying a fabulous green smoothie. I will probably sip the smoothie throughout the day. I feel real good and even though the weather is cold and wet I feel like the sun is riseing inside me.
Keep it up prisim,jodi,sundance,luvvyuu,Natsroses and kwan. Remember to post what you have eaten there is nothing but encouragement here.
love Pam

Date: April 15, 2009 12:53AM

I am feeling much better today also. A little of a going off coffee headache but not too bad.

Today I made fresh grapefruit juice, fresh green juice, the key lime pudding, a ginger flavored granola to make into some kind of bar or just something to munch on if needed.

I'm eating and drinking what I've made, and am thinking I might treat myself out to a yummy salad at a salad bar end of the week. Or sooner if I feel I really have to have that bulk to keep from eating cooked.

I want to make a smoothie (fruits only) or just cut up some fruits and eat those with a little of the key lime pudding on top for dinner. I think then I'll be done. I'm doing better but since it's not %100 raw, I'm giving me a 2 (high raw) on that scale of 1-3.

Looks like we are doing well so far..let's keep it up.

Love,
Prism

Date: April 15, 2009 01:41AM

today I ate the grapes that were on the kitchen counter yum about 1 cup of them
Later i made a green smoothie which had two pears two bananas and about a cup or so of strawberries with a half of a bunch of collard greens. I shared some of it with family members and drank about 34 ozs
I ate a half of a bell pepper and a banana later
For my dinner meal I had some avacado with salsa and romaine lettuce
Going strong and feeling better each day
The sky was blue this afternoon and I saw the sun today
Keep up the good work all
love pam

Date: April 15, 2009 02:22AM

well...today i was feeling a bit icky from my nut binge yesterday... but i didn't do so bad... i had a glass of fresh juice... cabbage/celery/lemon ... lunch was a salad with plenty of spinach and romaine lettuce cauliflower cucumber some real salt and half a lemon... i snacked on green beans... I use a green raw superfood powder in a liter of water... dinner was lentil sprouts, soy sprouts, kale, beet greens, beet root, broccoli, 1TBS of hemp oil and half a lemon... i think i will be leaving out the soy sprouts from now on.... I am very tired but i couldn't sleep last night...so i look forward to going to sleep... very soon... and hope i sleep better tonight...

Well done everyone...

love laugh and dream

Date: April 16, 2009 03:00AM

yesterday what a day .. its always stressfull after a holiday at work lol smiling smiley

i know im supposed to be off smoothies but ive really gotten used to the convenience of them and besides a salad at dinner last night and tonight thats been my mainstay smiling smiley

Date: April 16, 2009 04:20AM

I bought a large 34 oz cup that is not clear so I can bring my smoothie to school.
Today was a fruity day again
I started out with grapes
Juiced two grapefruit yum
romaine lettuce leaves with salsa and avacado
I missed makeing the smoothie because of a time crunch and I was freakin out
I got some grapes at 5 and spoiled myself with some cut up pineapple that was tempting me at the store
I had a banana later
Thats it for the day for me. I felt a nudge of craveing in the evening for some crunchy popcorn but I wont do that. I think its because of no smoothie today.
I am feeling very positive and a little lighter

Date: April 16, 2009 04:45PM

I have been relaxed and wanting lots of rest time. I had a very good day yesterday, and ate lots of fruits, starting with my peppermint tea and fresh grapefruit juice in the morning.

Bananas, oranges, my key lime pudding (it's blended avocados, raw honey or whatever you like to use, and fresh lime juice) so I also had a fruity day, except for the green juice I had in the eve. I give the day a very high 2 on my scale of 1-3.

I'm am feeling better, clothes are feeling more comfy on me..they were getting snug! Can't have thatsmiling smiley

Today, I'll juice my other 6 grapefruits, make more green juice, and I have bananas, oranges, strawberries either whole or in a smoothie. That's the plan.

I think we are all doing pretty well for our spring fling raw clean.

Love,
Prism

Date: April 17, 2009 12:11AM

I did make my frseh grapefruit juice, and fresh green juice (carrots, spinach and celery). For morning again, I had peppermint tea, and the grapefruit juice. Later some fruit, and some orange juice.

Later I'll have my green juice. I don't know yet what I might eat tonight. I'm going to keep it raw if possible. I'm feeling very good and don't want to blow it.

Love,
Prism

Date: April 17, 2009 12:40AM

hello all... you sound like you are all doing so wonderful... it's nice to be part of the crowd... today and yesterday were good... i've taken this opportunity to take out the nuts i keep bingeing on and i have succeeded so far... though i sort of avoid the store... which is where i get tempted... and today i sort of got upset and wanted to go and get some but i didn't... i will go tomorrow when i am more calm... i don't know why i like to eat when i am stressed...but i know it's not good for me... i think sometimes it's as if i don't want this diet to succeed so i can say see it doesn't work and i can go back to the temptation of the SAD diet... but i am succeeding now and so i will keep on...

love laugh and dream

Date: April 17, 2009 03:02AM

luvyuu, I went through a time when I was over eating on the nuts. I did not allow them in the house for a while and I would only buy five braziel nuts at a time. I craved something but did'nt know just what it was, it felt like a need for a heavyness inside me or a need for something cooked foods gave me. For me I feel it was emotional, the raw foods were bringing up some emotions that made me feel uncomfortable. Another thing is a need for exersize that helps with the extra energy that raw foods bring on. One more thing that really has been helping me lately is makeing the green smoothie, that really seems to bring some sort of balance for me and helps me keep an even keel so to speak. I felt as if I were sabatoging my diet as well, I think prayer and positive afermations help a lot with that one. The raw diet opens up so much that we havenot experianced it is a new world. You can do it. I am your chear leader.

this thursday
(the last post was wednesdays)

Juiced two grapefruit
1 banana
romaine lettuce with avacado and salsa
green smoothie with 2 bananas 1 cup of strawberries nettles, romaine lettuce, collards. ( drank it most of the day)
chopped up broccoli and cauliflower with spicey pesto drizzled on it rolled up romaine lettuce.
I made some sort of cookie which was ground cashews, carob, maca, honey, vanilla, coconut and some pecans. It tasted real good.

I seem to be doing good this week with very little craveings. I just want pop corn for some reason.

Date: April 18, 2009 02:39AM

thank you pampam... i can use a cheerleader...i made it... i went to the store today and walked out with out the almonds i have been munching on... it's been 4 days i feel like an addict... i almost have the shakes...ok maybe not really but i feel like i should... it's crazy they're just almonds... but it's not just almonds... or nuts or grapes...or popcorn or crackers or chips...or what ever... it's emotional... i know... and i am very slowly trying to learn what it exactly is i'm trying to feed... emotionally... of course i could always be missing something in my diet... and i am looking into that...

ok on another note... i've done ok... i've cut back on my fat intake including oils... i have one avocado and 1Tbs hemp oil... plenty of greens beets cauliflower broccoli spinach beet greens romaine cucumber green beans lentil sprouts green juice...

i've been very tired lately... but i have also been giving myself the permission to rest... to sleep... to heal... and i've actually been sleeping...if i go early enough before i get too tired... it's rather nice... i just wish i woke up rested... ah well... it's been a good day...

love laugh and dream

Date: April 18, 2009 02:48AM

yaa luvyuu, you keep it up

today I was a pig but on raw food

I started the day with two oranges
than I made a green smoothie with goji berries and a mixture of strawberrie,mango and pineapple with stinging nettles baby sunflower sprouts and some collard greens

later I ate some romaine lettuse with an avacado and salsa
I ate a banana then another
Grapes
another avacado with some salsa
I really felt agitated today but kept busy. I also had some rough edges with craveings mostly for popcorn crunch.
I kept raw though.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables