Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: High Raw Week Challenge smiling smiley
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: May 01, 2009 09:24PM

hello... i'm still doing ok... i did a liver flush wednesday night... so i didn't eat much wednesday night or thursday morning and afternoon... and today i am feeling quite weak... my back pain seems to be getting better with each day...but i may have over done it today... i cleaned and then went to the store by bike... but i'm tired... guess i will sleep well tonight... i'm having a bit of discomfort in my liver area...have been for awhile... i'm hoping it will pass...

last night i may have ate a bit too much as well... but it was all raw... i made a dip/soup avocado spinach cilantro cumin cayenne pepper water real salt...which by the way if you don't know is a good sea salt...no extra junk... and it actually provides minerals... and so i dipped broccoli cauliflower and lettuce in and ate some cucumbers with it as well then i ate a whole head of cauliflower... it was sort of like eating popcorn... i needed to just eat i guess... but it may have been too much... today i've had a salad with purple kale cucumber asparagus hemp oil... and i think i will do the dip thing again for dinner... it seems fun and different as you know i was getting a bit bored...

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 02, 2009 05:15AM

Happy May Day! I love the month of May..it's getting closer to being summertime..my favorite time of year.

I didn't do as well today so tomorrow I'll have to get back to my fruit smoothies, and make some fresh green juice for the week-end.

I've been under some stress with a tenant moving out, and boy am I glad he's gonesmiling smiley

I'm trying some new type of Iodine, and it's making my body vibrate and zing...Lugols used to do that but this is Magnascent Iodine and it's my 3rd day today. I had ordered for a friend and said I'd love to try the Magnascent but would have to wait for me to afford it, so the owner put a free 1/2oz into the existing order for me. Wow..that was very nice, and good business tactic!

Well..I really am feeling good about things, a little stressed about making rent, bills, deposit, etc..with things coming up all the time like car registration, smog test, tb test for daycare, etc..etc..etc..hahaha..all those etc should cover it.

My son may visit in August after 2 years of not seeing him. I want the bedroom when it's vacated by new short term tenant to stay avail. for him and his girlfriend. Then maybe I can have a room for the pre-school after they leave back for NY.

Lots to do, lots to look forward to, lots to get thru..need lots of money to do it all withsmiling smiley

Lots of fruits and lots of green juice to keep me in good health and good mind.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: May 03, 2009 02:36PM

I forgot to post yesterday sorry.
I juiced yesterday
Morning carrot, celery, spinach juice
noon, stinging nettle juice
two grapefruits juiced
spinach,jicima,apple, celery juice
I did nibble on two lettuce leaves and a jicima
thats about all I had on saturday

Date: May 04, 2009 01:52PM

i didn't have a very good day yesterday... i cleaned at my dad's house and as it goes he always has nuts around and i ate them... a lot... they didn't even taste good as i was eating them... they aren't even nuts that i say wow i love those... but i ate them any way... i also ate a nice salad before i left... i picked some dandelion from the yard... and ate that with kale celery radish broccoli cucumber lemon and hemp oil... it was so nice and then i had to go and ruin it... when i came home from cleaning his house... i ate 10 oz of the little tomato's and 2 cucmbers and some romaine lettuce ... my belly was so inflated i couldn't sleep... funny i took on this challenge to cu out the nuts... so i don't go Nuts with them... and it turns out that i have some how given myself permission to have them... and in no less amounts then before... just all at once... which isn't better... it's worse even... and today i am tired and my belly is still a bit swollen and my liver is still soar... though that was there before... and i'm quite a bit frustrated... i suppose i will sleep well tonight... and i probably won't be eating much today... we'll see how i feel...

love laugh and dream

Date: May 04, 2009 02:53PM

If you are haveing issues with your liver than the nuts are not the optimal thing to eat but I would suggest you allow yourself to eat nuts but only if you take the time to soak them and perhaps make something out of them. You are gravitating to the nuts perhaps because they are dense calorie source and you feel a need to have those calories. I had an issue with nuts and couldnt stop eating them until I ate all of them in the house. I had lots of nuts in the house. Find some recipes that include nuts and make yourself a tasty dish with them. It also sound like you may be feeding your emotions rather than you body? I am just drawing out of a hat here.
Do you have green smoothies or fresh juices? those two will give the liver a bit of a vacation. I have heard that oil is the worst thing for the liver.
Prayerfully yours
Pam

Date: May 05, 2009 04:34AM

I'm finding the Universe is abundnant, and manifesting in ways that I couldn't begin to have guessed at.

I had my first full day of childcare in my home....finally! It was long, but I got a break around dinner time when the child went home with mom. She's back after dinner though, and stays until 10'sh..or just after. You do what you gotta dosmiling smiley

I need more energy..sustaining energy for the long days ahead. I feel good, but didn't eat optimum today and it tells. I have to plan much better and get my green juice made ahead of time or at least make green smoothy for a meal of the day. More fruits thru-out also. I'm starting to see watermelon come out of hiding..I am going to buy one in a day or 2.

I'm kind of feeling like a lot of orange juice..maybe due to the fact I have quit drinking it and not eating many oranges as before. I've been having grapefruit juice instead.

Well..onward and upward..especially with regard to % of raw foods!

Love,
Prism

Date: May 05, 2009 04:52AM

luvyuu, I was listening to a speach this morning and it was about nuts, One thing made me think about the issue of craving nuts when eating raw because many people sometimes binge on nuts I did and still have to hold a tight reighn when it comes to eating nuts. Anyway this speaker claimed that nuts helped regulate our blood sugar. I am finding that when I am haveing my green smoothies regularly I have less craveings especially with nuts but on those days I am not haveing that green smoothie I will crave different things and have a difficult time with it. Do you think this helps? Do you think the green smoothies regulate out blood sugar and other factors so we don't have the cravings??? I also met a person a while back who was helping a man who was trying to go raw but made himself real sick by just eating nuts He inded up getting gout.
just last month my stomach started bloating up it was so painful it hurt to sit and to lay down because everything was swelling up. I drank a cap full of braggs vineger in a glass of water and the bloat imediatly started to get better but the next day I had to go to the bathroom several times throughout the day to evacuate the foul food I had put into my body. I thought I could eat cooked foods once in a while but I ended up getting that painful bloat so here I am eating all raw foods and feeling much better.

Date: May 05, 2009 05:01AM

luvyuu, I was listening to a speach this morning and it was about nuts, One thing made me think about the issue of craving nuts when eating raw because many people sometimes binge on nuts I did and still have to hold a tight reighn when it comes to eating nuts. Anyway this speaker claimed that nuts helped regulate our blood sugar. I am finding that when I am haveing my green smoothies regularly I have less craveings especially with nuts but on those days I am not haveing that green smoothie I will crave different things and have a difficult time with it. Do you think this helps? Do you think the green smoothies regulate out blood sugar and other factors so we don't have the cravings??? I also met a person a while back who was helping a man who was trying to go raw but made himself real sick by just eating nuts He inded up getting gout.
just last month my stomach started bloating up it was so painful it hurt to sit and to lay down because everything was swelling up. I drank a cap full of braggs vineger in a glass of water and the bloat imediatly started to get better but the next day I had to go to the bathroom several times throughout the day to evacuate the foul food I had put into my body. I thought I could eat cooked foods once in a while but I ended up getting that painful bloat so here I am eating all raw foods and feeling much better. I still have a little acid feeling at times when I eat so much nuts or oil but not anything like how pizza or bread made me feal. I am pretty happy with the green smoothies. I just have to get use to the no chewing thing about them but I feel the best when haveing them.
I really hope you start to feel better luvyuu,

Todays food

A.m.
warmed lemon juice with honey

Noon
smoothie with strawberries,banana, wild dandilions,nettles, plantain.
I drank about 4 cups

dinner
banana, orange
I mixed some pumpkin seeds with olive oil and olives and a garlic and made a kind of pesto stuff that tasted real rich
I added a kind of pepper that was not hot and blended a small amount of the pumpkin seed mixture then I mixed it with lettuce,tomatoe,and bell pepper.
thats about all

Date: May 06, 2009 10:03PM

I haven't done the green smoothie thing yet... i have been focused on a diet which excluded sugar including sweet fruits... so i suppose if i did it it would be more like a soup... i do...do vegie juice in the morning... which has been wonderful... and i take a green powder to supplement more green grasses as i have not the means to grow my own grasses... so... when i start having some more sweet fruits again i will surely try it... i always have found that sweet things then to make me binge as well...

i know it is emotional... today i was at the store and wanting the usual nuts...but i talked myself into getting a small container of cherry tomato 's and that was just as well... i was eating... and it wasn't nuts which i know doesn't always make me feel good... but just the munching on tomato's seemed to fill what ever that need is... though i have to be careful with them as well... i know they say they are alkalyzing i feel a bit of the acid inside... i suppose it could be a blood sugar thing... but there is something that just makes me want to eat mindlessly... like something is eating away at me... and it's always something that is not so good for me... used to be chips... then crackers...then rice cakes... now nuts... i suppose i should figure out what this is before i eat myself into oblivion...

i've not posted in the past couple of days... but eating wise i've been doing ok... all raw... and all good...

hope you are well...

love laugh and dream

Date: May 09, 2009 05:12AM

I've been very busy, with my daycare, and a new renter.

Saturday I'll be shopping for my green juice veggies, since I have 2 glass gallon jugs to use now. I'm going to fill one for me and another person with carrot, celery, and spinach green juice.

I plan on buy the first watermelon for me, and the other ususal fruits. I hope the watermelon is good.

I didn't do so well yesterday or today, but I haven't had time to go shopping for the fruits and veggies. Thank goodness I get time Saturday, and Sunday.

Happy Mother's Day ladiessmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Date: May 09, 2009 07:48PM

I've been doing ok... changing things up a bit... today i made a sort of soupish dressing type of concoction and poured it over broccoli mixed with quinoa sprouts... it was rather nice... it's nice to have something different... i'm tired though... been very tired and weak... i'd like to figure out how to gain some more strength... i thought the sprouts would help... but they didn't seem to... ah well... i had my usual juice too... and tonight i go out for mothers day to a restaurant which does a pretty nice salad for me... with a treat ... Olives... mmm i don't buy them for myself but it's nice occasionally ...

love laugh and dream

Date: May 10, 2009 03:56AM

good going prisim and luvyuu, Hope you start feeling more energetic.
today I was thinking of juice fasting but opened a watermellon instead and thats about all I had all day a whole watermellon then some pineapple later. I had a great day working outside and went to a couple of yard sales and a plant sale. I am trying to build a pond with a water fall. Not to sure how to do it though. I got it dug out and all I just don't know how to make the water fall.
I might juice fast tomorrow it just I have been enjoying food lately and trying to make different things and there are so many nettles and other weeds bursting out of the ground I want to eat them. I am feeling so good today.
Have a happy mothers day
Love pam

Date: May 10, 2009 04:39AM

Wow..ambitious project Pam! A few ideas via Internet might help set up of waterfall..good luck and let us see some pics when done.

I did shop today, and tomorrow I'm making my green juice. I also have 2 watermelons, oranges, cantalope, and bananas. Lots of frozen berries to add into smoothies also.

I had a weird thing a happen yesterday. I bought a dust mop, but then I also bought some Pledge to spray it on the mop to dust the floors. I got so ill I thought I was going to go to the hospital..dizzy, couldn't stand, felt sick to my tummy, and then the allergy symptoms cropped up too..stuffed nose, watering eyes. I took a half tablet of my roomies allergy medicine, and in about 10 minutes felt well enough to go clean the tiny bit of Pledge (a little of that poison goes a long way) off my floors with very, very hot water and some bleach..every inch, and did it a second time. I had my roomie clean her floor, then we all made sure to shower and wear socks, and my dog got a bath too, even his collar got a good washing. I threw out the Pledge and mop. I felt a lot better..so whatever is in Pldege is same thing Wet Swiffer has as I know that gives me head-aches.

Our companies are poisining us to death..slowly but surely. How lucky I recognize this..so I'm back to only using a little bleach in water to clean with. It can clean anything and everything.

I really need to get a handle on getting back to the raw foods though..I've fallen off somewhat. I had to take some Bragg apple cider vinegar today, and I'm sure I'm still detoxing Pledge out of my system..and the floors are going to get cleaned again Sunday.

Love,
Prism

Date: May 11, 2009 07:08PM

Looks like this thread can pass on into thread heaven..and when we are ready to renew a weekly challange we can start a new thread. Anyway..you can continue on with this one, but I'm letting it go for now.

Take care,
Love,
Prism

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables