Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

newbie would like support
Posted by: tania ()
Date: April 13, 2009 07:12PM

hi guys - i've been really wanted to go raw and stick with it and so far i got 5 days at the new year. my new date for the 100% raw vegan for 30 days trial is april 24th. i chose the date because it has significance for me personally and feel ready to give this a go soon. but i do find it hard being the only one i know personally interested in this and it would be great to connect up with others doing it or interested in it.
i'm in the los angeles area, btw.
thanks!
tania

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: newbie would like support
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: April 13, 2009 08:26PM

Welcome!!!!

Date: April 13, 2009 10:56PM

thanks a lot - it helps a lot just to know someone is listening!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 13, 2009 11:19PM

hey Tania ! Im doing the 1 week challenge with a bunch of folks now but I'll do 30 days with you when you are ready smiling smiley ive been 100% for a year now with some minor deviations , but always looking for a buddy to hang with smiling smiley you are also welcome ot join us for a weekeven if you are not 100% just do your best smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: April 16, 2009 10:42PM

hi there jodi - thanks so much for the reply and the support! i'd love to have a buddy to stay accountable with. it's really slippery - i can be going along fine and then a craving will overwhelm me - scary!
are you in california by any chance?

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 17, 2009 12:25AM

Welcome and you have tons of support on this board!

I'm in Oceanside, Ca. There are raw food potlucks you can find near you if you look on meetup.com

Good luck to your new start!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 17, 2009 02:38PM

I thought for a long time that I needed to meet some raw people but I have been getting a lot of support from this board. The people on here are very knowedgable on eating raw. We need to accomplish this change on our own, search out the answers on our own, with that is a great satasfaction. Eating raw is simple but changing a lifetime of bad habits is the hard part.
Welcome on the board.
I will go on a 30 day challange with you as well.

Date: April 17, 2009 09:55PM

hi pampam -
thanks so much for the reply and support. indeed, this is something we have to do on our own; however, i've noticed that group support makes things a lot easier. i agree with you that this board alone provides a lot of support.
that would be so awesome if you would go on the 30 day challenge - i'd probably hav e to post at least once a day in the first week - that would be awesome. from what i've read 30 days is the amount of time you need to get the kind of results that make the idea of going back to cooked food not even tempting. i noticed after a few hours the light, upbeat mood that i can only imagine gets better. so i really want to give myself this chance to experience real health. because i think that's the other struggle - we don't really know what we're missing until we make the leap. anyway, i could go on. my plan is to start next friday, the 24th - it has a lot of personal significance and i've been wanting to try again since the new year's resolution only lasted 5 days and it took me this long to work up the commitment and overcome the doubt that i could stick with it. so one thing i learned from last time is to not let myself get hungry. so i'm planning to stock up on fruits, veg, nuts, things i can eat and try to eat at least a little about every hour or so.
do you have any suggestions or advice for me?
thank you so much!!!
tania

Date: May 01, 2009 10:26PM

i just wanted to add to this thread - i'm on day 8 and i love it but i know it can be easy to fall off - i'm not feeling solid in the new habit yet - so i have to stay vigilant - thanks for the replies and keep it up, y'all
love,
tania

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 03, 2009 08:24PM

Hi Tania and all!

I'm near London, England and struggling to be 100% but knowing it's the right thing to do! Tania I logged in! Today someone very un-raw was reading my vegan/raw magazine and was very positive about juicing asking lots of questions, he said I was inspiring him!! Blimey! I'm really attracted to doing a juice feast at some point so anyone done one????

Alison

Date: May 04, 2009 07:17PM

good to see you here, alison!
i've been attracted to juice fasts as well - right now my focus is on staying raw - but i bet a bunch of people have done it her e- may be try starting a new thread to that effect - thanks for being a fantastic support buddy!!
love,
tania

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 06, 2009 02:12AM

Cheers Tania! you too! Yes I might ask about that see what comes up! xxx

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 13, 2009 11:53PM

Hi Tania!
Welcome to the rawfoods board! Keep us posted and we'll be here for you, smiling right back and rootin' for you as you transition to the raw diet.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables