Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Fasting Diary
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 23, 2009 02:12PM

hello all,

Just signed up here and am in need of a public diary to help me through this. I love the benefits of juice fasting and I truly want to complete it.

My longest has only been 8 days sadly, and then I let my emotions run wild this week and blew it. I'm back on the wagon right now however.

My plan is to finish the week with a water fast, then switch back to juice fasting on sunday, keeping that up until I have completed the 20-30 days run. Or until my body indicates the fast in over.

I eat healthy, with only the occasional "bad food" a couple times a month. Peanutbutter would be my biggest temptation, though I only eat the natural, which I suppose is not THAT bad to eat too much of haha

Anywho, I'm hoping that with the fact that my dietary habits are above average already, I exercise everyday, and I only have a couple of extra pounds that this won't be too hard to accomplish.

I am currently a vegan, have been for nearing a year now. With this fast I wish to make the final transition to raw vegan that I have been working on.

any support or kind words/tips are most welcome. I just need an extra push everyone now and then to let myself know that I CAN do this and I am worry of the joy it will bring to me.

thanks in advance to all that reply,

- Adrian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2009 02:14PM by Blue Bean.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Fasting Diary
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 23, 2009 10:34PM

>My longest has only been 8 days sadly, and then I let my emotions run wild this week and blew it. I'm back on the wagon right now however.<

Hi Bluebean!
I don't think you blew it at all. Eight days is a great accomplishment! If and when you want to try again, consider joining Wheatgrass Yogi and me on our extended (crosses fingers) juice fast. You can find our 'Longterm Juice Fast' thread on the Juicing and Juicers forum on this board. I'm on day 6 this time. I've done long, medium and short juice fasts-- everything form 40 days down to 1 day-- and they're all wonderful, because every time you juice fast you're empowering and rejuvenating yourself and saying 'no' to consensus reality and limitations.:-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 24, 2009 03:17AM

thanks for responding and the support smiling smiley

Today was not so good..I felt so horrid this morning that once again I threw it all out the window.

Alas, tomorrow IS another day and I WILL start up my water fast. It was not a good day to start anyway, while next week is perfect. I work in a restaurant, that has two store. I go back and forth every few days. One is a ten minute walk from my house, and the other is a 40 minute bike ride haha for the next week I'm at the closer one, I don't think I could make it up hill on m bike with a first time water fast. Juice maybe, but not on a water.

I'll go over and look at your thread now.

thanks again,

- Adrian

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: April 28, 2009 05:07PM

I think eight days is great! My longest fast was only 4 days which I felt good about. Just take it one day at a time, even one hour at a time if neccessary. What I found when I was doing one-day-a-week fast was how important resting was during my fasting day.

All my best to you. You can do this.

Love,

Mona

Just for today I will have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests: hurry and indecision.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables