Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 30, 2009 02:45PM

First, I want to express my sincere gratitude for all of the people who have shared their incredible experiences eating raw and cleansing their minds, bodies, and spirits in this forum. You are all truly inspirations and remind me on a daily basis why I have decided to make this lifestyle change.

I am still very new to raw-foodism. Over the past few months I have worked hard to increase my daily intake of raw foods and have significantly decreased my intake of meat, dairy, and processed foods.

I am only on Day 3 of attempting 100% raw eating, but I feel great! I say attempting because my goal is not perfection, but commitment to this change in my life. I have been surprised at the amount of energy I have had. I haven't felt hungry at all. I have had headaches, but lots of water and some protein have kept them to a minimum. Cravings have crept up, but instead of falling back into my old ways, I have found raw substitutes for many of my old favorites.

My eating habits have always been a very sensitive subject for me. I have struggled for years with food addiction and bulimia. My relationship with food has been self-destructive for many years and has greatly affected my health. I have developed a heart murmur, thyroid disease, and GI tract issues, all of which my doctor attributes to bulimia. I am only 24 years old and the idea of living that way any longer has become too terrible to bear.

So this is me developing a positive relationship with food. It's been a long process, but I finally feel ready to make a real change and start to love myself and the food that sustains me.

Thank you for listening.

Kili

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to raw
Posted by: tania ()
Date: April 30, 2009 10:11PM

kili - keep it up - i really relate to your motivation and reasons, though my unhealthy relationship with food has taken a different form.
one day at a time is an axiom that works for anything - this too.
best wishes on your raw diet,
tania

Date: May 01, 2009 04:26PM

Thanks, Tania! Your support is so appreciated.

So, I'm on day 4 going 100% raw and I have to admit I feel pretty weak and have a splitting headache. I'm not hungry or thirsty at all, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I went ahead and ate some grapes and a handful of pecans plus drank a ton of water. I'm going to go back to bed and hopefully I'll feel better in a few hours.

I still feel confident that this has been a great move for me. On the whole, I've felt great.

Kili

Date: May 01, 2009 07:11PM

A few hours and 2 apples and 2 oranges later, i feel better. I broke down and ate 1 tbsp of peanut butter (organic) when a craving hit an hour ago. Peanut butter is such a weakness for me. I'm okay with it though. It's not as if all is lost. It's a journey, right? And I am definitely moving in the right direction.

I've lost three pounds in the last four days and I haven't been hungry once. That's amazing to me! What's even more amazing is how little I care about my weight right now. I've always been in a "healthy" weight range, but I've always been obsessed with losing. The last few days, I have actually been focused on health and happiness rather than weight. The weight loss is just a pleasant side effect.

Beautiful!

Posted by: tania ()
Date: May 01, 2009 10:25PM

fantastic, kili - dont worry about the peanut butter - i have some raw almond butter in case of cravings - better to stay with it than give in to craving - you're an inspiration keep it up!!!
tania

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables