Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Angie1 - MY RAW JOURNEY
Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: May 04, 2009 09:35PM

Somehow I managed to not have one of these threads yet ... so here is my set of random thoughts and whatnot, as it relates to the raw food diet.

So much of what I discover each day directly relates to the way I eat. So some things you will probably read about in this blog/journal dealie here are about things I like to eat, my fledgling garden, beliefs, kid observations, etc. Some things about me:

I am 30. I am married. I have two kids - a 2 year old boy and a 5 month old boy.

My current "raw" status is about 50-75% depending on the day. I have been on-and-off for about 10 years. I had an almost-experience with type 2 diabetes that went away with the inclusion of green smoothies in my diet. I've seen lots and lots of other health problems go away that weren't "supposed" to go away. But anyway - here's my blog, in case you are interested in the experiences/ Happy reading!

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Angie1 - MY RAW JOURNEY
Posted by: tglasco4 ()
Date: May 04, 2009 09:44PM

Welcome Angie1,

Very cute children! May blessings attend your raw journey.

Grace and Peace be multiplied unto you.

todd

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: May 04, 2009 10:15PM

Today is May 5, 2009.

Spring always brings thoughts of contemplation. I've been getting back into the raw food diet after several years of being 100% cooked. I can deal with the lack of financial and philosophical lack of support for my diet, but then it gets to a point where sugar and coffee can't kill the exhaustion I feel, and I know it's time to go back to raw. I feel conflicted though.

The budget for a diet shaped around raw food has been NIL until recently, when we got approved for food stamps. For a few months, only my husband's income was supporting us and another family of SIX in our 800 sq. ft. house. Ten people in that small of space leaves NO room for anybody to have ANY hobbies or ANY extras, including healthful food. Which makes me wonder - many people - probably MOST people of the planet - live in exactly that way - crammed like sardines in tiny houses living off of barely any food. This torchers my soul.

On our roommates - Cooked fooders can easily take over a fridge and all the counterspace, leaving no room for raw prep or storage. And since our roommates literally cracked open their eyes at 10am and not even stopping to eat or go to the bathroom, went straight to the computer room to play World of Warcraft - a computer game - (and nothing else) - and stayed up until 4am doing so, I was left to care for the six children we have between us. The kids ruined my Vitamix, and trampled and/or ate most of the produce I brought home. I finally just gave up trying to eat raw.

One finally just gets to the point where they accept their environment, because others are not on board with the more healthful choices. It's tough to go against the tide ALL the time, often impossible.

But fortunately, things are looking up - we have $ for food now, and SPACE, TIME, and MONEY to do it. I guess the point of this post is that raw foodism does not come naturally if you live in a family... just as being a certain religion... it's often impossible to live in your own house and follow certain rules, because EVERYONE ELSE wants to do something else!

LOL. That teaches me thankfulness and gratitude - both for the non raw and the raw times - as both have things to teach.

Will add more as I think of more!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 12, 2009 07:43PM

I'm in the uphill battle with you. We are on a very tight grocery budget and I still have to make cooked food for my husband and kids. My kids are young (2&3) so I am hoping to raise them with at least a 50% raw diet. The lack of support gets old, but I just keep doing what I know is right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables