Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

SheThrowsDown Goes Raw
Posted by: SheThrowsDown ()
Date: May 14, 2009 07:48PM

Tomorrow is my first day on this grand raw adventure. One time a few years ago I decided to try and eat mostly raw food. However, I didn't know that much about the whole thing and once I hit detox I gave it up. These days I'm a happier (and healthier!) vegan than I was back then and decided, "Hey...why not give it another go?" Which is where I'm at now, a fridge and cabinet stocked with delicious raw foods. I am going to begin with a simple 30 day challenge. I'm not going 30% raw, not 50%, not even 90%. For the next 30 days I will be eating "99%" raw. Why 99%? My family, and family by marriage, already thinks I'm absolutely crazy for being vegan so spilling the beans about being raw wouldn't be met with open minds. For that reason I've decided that if someone (my husband, any family) takes me out to a restaurant dinner I will at that meal eat cooked vegan. There are a couple of places here in Asheville that have raw foods on the menu...but I doubt that's where someone would take me. My husband will also not know about the raw foodism until my challenge is over. He isn't here for most of my meals due to work and he wouldn't find it weird for me to eat a large salad for dinner smiling smiley. But once the 30 days is over, then I get to spill the beans!

I will be keeping a journal here, as well as on a few other sites that I'm on, to keep everyone updated. I'm athletic so if at any point my food intake looks insane...feel free to comment or question me about it. I'm going to be using SparkPeople to keep track of my diet using an 80/10/10 (80% carbs, 10% protein, 10% fat) ratio of macronutrients as I've been reading a lot about this way of eating raw.

I guess it's off to go and start cooking my last cooked meal for the next month! Hope that some of you keep up with my journey and if it goes well...maybe this will be a permanent thing or maybe you'll try it for yourself smiling smiley

~Christina/SheThrowsDown

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SheThrowsDown Goes Raw
Date: May 15, 2009 12:46PM

I hope to be able to keep everyone here posted with what I eat from day to day. My plan, if all goes well, is to start a diary entry each morning and update it throughout the day with what I've eaten. I don't expect my first few days to be right on point with my calories and macronutrients, but I'm giving myself the first few days to mostly get adjusted. If I miss updating for a day or two I will catch up when I get to come back online. Each day I will be saving my meals as recipes on my SparkPeople account, so any foods listed that are clickable are links to the SparkRecipes page where it will show the "recipe"/ingredients and give the nutritional data. I will also be keeping tabs of my kcal/macros here. Remember, at least for now, I am following 811 (the 80/10/10 macro ratio)

Here goes today!

Breakfast (297kcal, 71g carbs, 6 fat, 4 protein)
Fruit Salad
Chia Seed Shot
16oz Water

Date: May 15, 2009 07:47PM

Snack 1 (168kcal, 10g carbs, 14 fat, 2 protein)
14g Sugar Snap Peas
20g Local Raw Pecans (cracked 'em open myself!)
1/4c Grapes (eaten after above, but before lunch)
8oz Water

Lunch (103kcal, 33g carbs, 1g fat, 4 protein)
Fruit & Vegetable Salad

Date: May 15, 2009 09:15PM

Tonight's dinner. A chilled soup of various local tomatoes+organic spinach. Also has half a cucumber in there smiling smiley All topped with a tomato butterfly grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2009 09:16PM by SheThrowsDown.

Posted by: keepingfaith08 ()
Date: May 15, 2009 10:35PM

That looks so good!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables