Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Where would I be with out raw healing
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 16, 2009 07:00PM

The raw food diet helped me to heal from chronic sinus, strep, and bladder infections. Cured me of fibromyalgia.
Helped me to survive a molar pregnancy and miscarriage from which I had lost half my blood and saved me from being poisoned from a perforated intestine..at which time I felt like I was dying and went on a juice fast for three months. Doctors said it was stress. Found out in a car accident a year later when an xray showed an IUD that had been lost in me was in the sigmoid colon, the most toxic part of the intestine. Also when the doctors removed the IUD via bowel surgery there was no mucoid plaque on my intestines...just healthy red tissue..they were so amazed they took pictures. Yes I have pictures of the inside of my intestines.
But I was unaware that the molar pregnancy that was caused by the lost IUD perforating my uterus and also was the cause of me having to have a hysterectomy, bowel surgery to remove the IUD and also hernia surgery caused from previous surgeries.
This all contributed to my adrenals being stressed to the max and my hormones going crazy. This plus iodine deficiency (now I have an awareness that sea salt DOES NOT contain Iodine) has now caused my thyroid to become overactive.
I will be now rawcovering from hyperthyroidism. I refuse to have the radio active iodine for an xray or treatment. Why would I put radioactive nuclear chemicals in my thyroid when it is already stressed out.
Raw food living has again and again saved my health and I will go back to 100 % raw instead of the 85% i have been on.
Now though I will juice fast again and have researched and will now do Iodoral...iodine therapy, take herbs to restore my hormones and strengthen my adrenals and am taking healthy heart herbs to strengthen my heart.

I have begun juice fasting most of the day with a large salad and fruit and some raw nuts for dinner if I eat dinner at all.
I have also learned that I have a garden of greens in the fields in the country such as dandelions...what a free way to cleanse.
My symptoms were weight gain...50 pounds in a fairly rapid period of time,
Rapid heart rate.
My heart rate was running a non stop 100. Now it going down towards 80 and sometimes is even in the 70's. My blood pressure was going up and was 120/90 and now with the changes i have made...it is already back to normal 110/70 for me.
Insomnia, dry skin, hair falling out, and any stress or tiredness would cause my skin to get extremely hot and red and yet I would be so cold, I couldn't warm up...all things the thyroid regulates.
As a raw fooder, I am now realizing the need for iodine of some form. There is an excellent article i found on iodine on the hacres.com website that really helped me to help myself on my journey.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where would I be with out raw healing
Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: June 17, 2009 01:07AM

so happy to hear you found this path

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 17, 2009 01:58AM

Wow..that's a lot to go thru, and get thru to a healtheir you thru of course..raw foods!

I understand how healthy one can get by eating fresh whole plant foods. I also am back again doing the detoxing and weight loss thing..it creeps up on you if you aren't focused and dedicated that's for sure.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 19, 2009 09:36PM

great story i hope you hang out and share some more smiling smiley welcome to the site smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Re: Using raw to heal again..overactive thyroid, now raw for life.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 28, 2009 05:46AM

Update...week three..drinking carrot juice, dandelion, and barley green juices...My face isn't flushed like it was, it was constantly ruddy....my heart rate has stayed below 100 for a week, and still sometimes in the 80 and 70's. Last week, there were a couple days where it went up to 130 and I have found that I can walk off the adreniline, deep breath, and no wheat products..I have increased my iodoral to two this week and next week will do three and stay there for three months. It will take that long for the iodine to saturate my thyroid, I have read...so much better than nuclear radioactive iodine, which is what the doctors wanted to do. I am no longer getting the cold sunburns as I call them. My ankles are no longer swollen and my hair is definitely not falling out like it was...I still have a sore area at the base of my thyroid and am impatient for it to be gone..but it took time for me to get this way and it will take time to heal. I am sleeping better too...Lack of Iodine and being hyperthyroid causes insomnia. Sometimes I get anxiety...am I getting better...but I must look at how much better I am than I was. Thanks for the encouragement my friends..love Tammy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2009 05:49AM by Maragoldlady.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables