Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Peggy's journal
Posted by: rawcountry ()
Date: July 31, 2006 04:30AM

I guess this is as good as any place to start. I've been going raw/fruitarian for years. I'm finally doing it. I live in Utah. Sometimes it's hard to get a good variety of raw fruits/veggies. Especially tropical. Not so many rawbies here as in CA and other places. But here, I am at home. Most days I'm eating mostly mono diet but I love a good mango salsa, chips and avocado. I love Mexican food so I'm always trying new ideas. Just found my dehydrator so I'll try that. I'm looking forward to trying new recipes like raw pizza, oriental stuff and anything that will give me variety. I can do fruits most of the day but I crave salty and spicy foods alot. The hardest thing to overcome for me was not the meat and breads but the soda pops - Pepsi! I still have to overcome that one. Everything else is raw vegan. I am feeling better these days. For more than two months I've been on this - I'm not having the intense pain I've suffered for more than five years from Fibromyalgia. I know I'm going through detox so I do have occassional pain and some fatigue still. I'm having problems with cold sores but I know that will pass too. Everyday is better and better. I've lost a few pounds too. My husband says my figure is getting more evident. Anyway, I welcome fellow raw vegan comments - also to email me for moral support! Yeah fruit!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Peggy's journal
Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: July 31, 2006 08:01PM

Hi! Welcome! Nice to have you here and nice to hear about your successes. Yeah, my husabnd was having problems with Pepsi, too, but since I havebecome raw, he wants to lose some weight, too, so he is on week 2 without Pepsi. He gets crabby now and then from withdrawl, but it isbetter than the other effects! Keep up the good work!

Date: August 07, 2006 04:06PM

8/6/06 - Went out with my hubby a few days ago and had fish - ooops. Paid for it too. I'm back to 100% raw - ok 98% with pepsi. Duh. I'm maintaining my weight. Not sure if it's pepsi or rebuilding my muscle I lost last fall (FMS). Maybe both. I am feeling alot better though. I'm not taking any medications at all. When I get muscle spasms, I use alot of pure lavender oil. That helps me relax and let the muscles go. I'm looking for more energy. I'm trying to get some greens everyday but I don't digest them so well. I eat mainly fruit during the day, occasional salads, nuts and seeds. I want mexican food bad all the time so I'm working on raw mexican recipes. I want enchaladas mostly so if anyone has a really good recipe, let me know, k? Thanks for your post shep252! (didn't see a name) - I can always use a boost! Hugs to all. rawcountry

Date: September 26, 2006 03:12AM

9/25/06 Sorry it's been so long. I'm still with it. Doing the raw about 90% so far. I mess up now and then but it's really hard when there's no available raw foods and a restaurant has no decent salad or alternative. Yes, I could NOT eat, but usually, I'm so hungry I get crazy. So, I'll let myself off the hook for now. I'm doing better everyday. I started a 30-day challenge for myself starting today. I'm looking for a company that ships organic fruit boxes in the US. I know Fruit Guys do it for companies but not sure they would do it for a fruit girl. It's so expensive sometimes. I know it's worth it. My pain is all but gone. Some days I have flu-like symptoms but know it's all the poisons leaving my body. That's a good sign. I have started my own myspace site at myspace.com/peggycritchlow. I put most of my information there, some articles from other sites that help me, some videos of various people doing raw, some raw comedy, music, etc. Anyone raw vegan is welcome to invite. I'm very serious about this journey. Health and hugs to all. Peggy

Date: October 19, 2006 07:11PM

OK. I'm back. I've gone 100% raw. Yes, I'm off the Pepsi all-together. Eating only fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds and pure water. I'm over the headache but still fatigued so I'm guessing that I'm detoxing pretty good. Not surprised. I'm keeping myself intouch with other raw vegans through websites but I really wish someone would be my raw buddy so I have someone to talk to. Even though my husband is very supportive, I feel alone in my endeavors. If anyone is interested in being invited as a friend to myspace, please let me know. I'm at countrygirlforsure@hotmail.com or go to myspace.com/peggycritchlow and request friend. I know it looks flaky there; I'm a Tinkerbell fan but I'm really a very down to earth 45-year old lady. No weird stuff, just a very determined effort to bring my health up and maybe, help others to find what we have found. I'm also trying to get my sister to do the raw thing since she's got fibromyalgia and Hep. C. I know it would help her. Well, enough for now. Hugs to all. peggy

Date: October 27, 2006 11:13PM

So. Another bump in the road. I do so well and then fall on my face for a day or two. I try not to beat myself up but I know that when I go off raw, it's so hard to get back on. I have to remind myself that not eating raw will result in pain and going backwards from the health that I love so much. The spitual experience that it is to be raw. Another lesson learned. I saw an old lady today just struggling to stay upright against her walker...I saw her slowly fall to the ground and I was so riveted by what it meant to me; that that would be me if I didn't stay with my raw quest that I forgot to do the one thing that is most human; to care, to reach out. I was ashamed of myself at that moment. Another lesson learned. Love for myself, love for my fellow human brothers and sisters.

Peggy

Date: January 16, 2007 04:10AM

Still raw. I'm logging in on Living Nutrition (when it's up), Kveta's fruitrevolution and Fruitarianone's rawfitnessbootcamp. I also have myspace.com/peggycritchlow. rawcountry / Peg

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 12, 2007 05:57AM

HI peggy!! i have read your entries and was wondering how you were doing??? i hope all is well and that youa re still on your raw journey!!! i have been on it for about 2 1/2 weeks now and i feel amazing...i am in touch with my spiritual and emotional self so much more!! keep us posted on your updates
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: May 03, 2007 12:32PM

Hi Everyone. Hello Sachelle, nice to meet you. I've been off again for some time now. I just started back up. You know the drill. It's been hard for me to get things straight in my mind. Also financially, it's been very difficult. I'm getting back to eating fruit, one day at a time. I need it more than anything. I live in pain when I don't. So. Ya know. I know it works. That's what's important. I'll try to remember to post more often. Thanks for everything! Hugs and love, Peggy

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 03, 2007 05:30PM

HI there hun...welcome back!! yay you!!! for getting back at it and taking care of the pain with raw foods...that is sooo great.....oh btw way i switched my screen name haha i used to post as sachell but not i am earthangel...just so you know haha......... well good luck with everything you can do it!! taking it one day at a time that is awesome..that is the way to do it!! before you know it haha..you will be saying it's been 8 months haha..
take care
love earthangel
xooxxooxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 07, 2007 07:06PM

hi there..how is it going??? hope you had a great weekend!!l et us know how you re doing
take care..
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: May 11, 2007 03:57AM

Hi peggy miss you, my good friend email me news

Date: May 11, 2007 04:20AM

Hey how are things going?? ihope all is well!! let us know hwo life is going...take care
love earthangel
xoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables