Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 1 of 14
A little help please for getting back to raw food
Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: August 01, 2006 05:57PM

So I went about 95% raw from March until July 9th. Sometimes it was a little less and sometimes a little more but I really needed it. The reason I went raw was because I was trying to battle bulimia that I haven’t had any problems with since. The raw food doesn't make me feel sick like the cook food did and I never felt like I had to purge myself of it.
So for about 6 months I had been planning a trip to Paris for 10 days in July and I unfortunately made the decision to eat cooked food while I was in Paris. It was very strange going back to it but I thought I was ok at first. My only real symptom of not feeling well was a headache. Then after two days diarrhea started that lasted the rest of the trip. My energy levels also dropped considerably and I had to nap a lot of the time. Then on the 4th day in I woke up in the morning feeling so nauseous so I ran into the bathroom and made myself throw up twice. I felt much better physically but was so discouraged with what was happening. It just seemed too difficult to eat raw in a foreign country while with friends. So I continued eating the croissants, desserts, fish and feeling really sick. I added more fruits and salads back in my diet, but did not eliminate the other things. Then on the 6th day of the trip I woke up in the middle of the night and threw up 8 times this time not self-inflicted. For the rest of the trip I was very careful around food. When I finally got back I felt so so lost in terms of food even though my body was obviously saying it couldn't handle those things that I had cut out of my diet anymore. I'm only about 50 to 60% raw right now and still feeling really low energy. I have been fasting a lot as well because it is my only escape from the power of food I feel, but obviously that can’t go on. I was just wondering I guess if anyone had some words of support, detoxing ideas, or something to get my body back to the lovely state it had found before I left. Thanks for listening.
-Starfruit
P.S. Tonight my parents are taking me to a really nice completely raw restaurant for dinner so that will be a treat and a step back in the right direction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A little help please for getting back to raw food
Date: August 05, 2006 03:33AM

Update: No responses but I am doing a little better on my own. I think just writting about it helped me put things in perspective. Anyhow the more raw i eat the better i feel so lesson learned. Still if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks.
Starfruit

Posted by: rawcountry ()
Date: October 19, 2006 07:19PM

Don't despair Starfruit. It takes time and repeated effort to be raw. You've been cooked all your life; give yourself permission to be a human, k? I know from my own experiences that it is a habit, a spiritual journey and a physical detoxification that needs to be done. Once you are determined, you will succeed. Listen to what your body is telling you. If you need rest, then do it. If you want that pear, eat it. Your body is intelligent. Also, find other websites that are raw. There are hundreds of them out there. Gather books, ebooks, website articles, etc. Surround yourself with support if you need it. Find what works for you. I have a myspace where I gather all my information to myself, put pictures that inspire me, etc. If you need someone to chat with sometimes, you can email me at countrygirlforsure@hotmail.com or just write here. Hugs, Peggy myspace.com/peggycritchlow, p_critchlow@yahoo.com

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 06, 2006 01:15AM

Reading the the posts around the website can help you a lot..they do me.

For some reason I could embrace the raw food diet easier the first time..and once I fell off it's been hell getting back to it. Let's stick with raw foods!!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: November 15, 2006 04:24PM

Understand your plight. I have been raw for many years and help others to either get raw or remain raw. Sounds like you're back on track, but sometimes a coach is all one needs.

Look forward to your return to health and well-being. & remember you are wwhat you eat!

Anne Kaspar
bodybybliss@aol.com
www.bodybybliss.com

Date: November 19, 2006 11:11PM

Thank you everyone for your lovely words. I'm starting to fast today until Thursday and then I'm going to go completely raw again. I'm really excited.

Posted by: jamied1217 ()
Date: November 20, 2006 03:06AM

Good Luck Hunny!!

Remeber, Fall 7 times. . .get up 8!!

Peace, Love, Light smiling smiley

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 24, 2006 06:40PM

next time you are in Paris I can show you where raw food people go and meet and hang and eat. Alot of raw foodists in Paris eat raw meat though! None that I have met but I have heard and seen the raw food guru's recipe books with raw meat dishes..lol

Date: February 10, 2007 03:38AM

That's so funny they eat meat still. I definitley will let you know! It's my favorite city so I'm sur ei'll be back soon. So over the summer i read conscious eating and decided i should make the full vegan transisiton and then go into raw. Last week i got a sudden uge adn for a few days i was 100% but i think I'm addicted to sugar and wheat so i've had a few nasty slips. Also I have to do meals on the go becuase i am so busy. Does anyone have suggestions for good meals on the go? Anyways when i went vegan i ended up gaining 8lbs. I'm 115 ugh. That's the heaviest i've ever been in my life. I think it's cuase i ODed a little on the soy products and alos vegan desserts. Anyways I hopefully willl loose that weight. I think I'll do a lot of Juice tomorrow and salads. I'm going to try to write everyday. MY ultimate goal is to loose at least 15 lbs so i can be back to my normal self. Yay for going back to treating my body well. I'm an actor so this body of mine is all i got. Why abuse it? I'm excited.
Starfruit

Date: February 10, 2007 04:20PM

Woke up and had fresh squeezed orange juice, salad with lettuce, carrots, 1/2avacado, lemon and seasame oil. Then ate the rest of the avacado by rapping it in seaweed with saurkraut yum. Can anyone explain the 811 diet to me?

Date: February 11, 2007 01:00AM

had a mini raw pizza, a smoothie with banana mango strawberries and apple, a few flax seed carackers, more salad 100% raw today!

Date: February 12, 2007 01:57AM

Today woke up witha massive headache. Last night i went out for a friends birthday and cheated having 1 roll and 2 bites of sorbet. Oh well. Today I had saurkraut, seaweed, carrots, lettuce, seasme oil, smoothie: orange, strawberry, banana, 1 apple, 1 banana, 1 plum, Cheated and had a vegan wheat free piece of gingerbread. That hit my stomach like a rock. I will not do that again.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 12, 2007 02:28AM

Sounds like you doing really well..don't let the little cheats get to you. You can do a search at the bottom of this page for info on 8/1/1 or on the web.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 12, 2007 04:01AM

Hi starfruit....i just wanted to tell you that today while at my raw potluck (MY FIRST ONE) an emotional therapist and healing of some sort said that it is worse for your body to stress about "cheats" rather than the food you ate itself...because worrying or telling yourself you did something bad sends out a lot of bad emotional receptors in your body and causes harm more so then the food...so try to be okay with it..although i know it is hard..but at least this gives you something to be like yeah it is okay.smiling smiley good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 13, 2007 04:30AM

Thanks Prism. And thank you sachelle. That really does help. I did really wel today and have felt so good. I popped out of bed at 5:00 for no reason craving a grapefruit. Isn't it funny what are boodies tell us. SO today i had:
1 grapefruit
3 sheets of nori w/mustard (weird i know but strangley really good)
1 banana
10 salted cashews
7 baby carrots
2 pieces of orange
1/4 an apple
handful of raw granola
1 cherry pie larabar
3 Strawberries
1 piece of pineapple
A seaweed salad (man am i craving seaweed)
I ran 3 mi at the gym too. Green poo today. hah now i know i'm back to raw. So excited and this community is really helping. Thanks again!

Date: February 13, 2007 07:47AM

Hi there ....glad i could be of some help.....hey i found some people suggest fitday.com it helps you by you entering your food and then it adds up your calories..only because of your sample menu of your day...you didn't seem to take in many kcals...so i just worry you will not be getting enough kcals for a few days and then have cravings as many people i have read there posts have done...so to make it easier you should add a few things in there... smiling smiley just a suggestion
good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 14, 2007 12:12AM

Thanks Sachelle. I was completley unaware of ho wlittle calories i consumed yesterday. I had a 13 hour day in school so i was too busy to feel hunger i guess. I only consumed 500 calories and i burnt 275 of those off at the gym. Eeek. I think i did better today. For breakfast i had
2 red plums
1 banana
7 capers
3 sheets of nori w/mustard again (whats with that)
Lunch i had
1 apple
1 slice of orange
1 live burger that i bought at a juice bar. Really good but made me feel really heavy. Yuck.
lettuce and onion w/burger
1 smoothie (berries, apple juice, etc.)
1/4 bag of raw granola (soo good)
3 more nori sheets
Handful of raisons
I'm going to ballet class tonight and just put my leotard on. I almost considered not going cuase i hate how i look in it right now. Ugh. But i'm going to go and suck it up. Ahhh i hate hating my body. I still feel full from lunch so i think i did better with calories. Haven't plugged it in yet. Thanks for watching out for me sachelle. You so sweet how you give evryone support.
xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 14, 2007 06:19AM

Thank you starfruit just looking out for my fellow raw buddies!!! when i saw your food i was like UH OH she isn't eating much...haha i learned that from others on here watching out for me!!! calories you need calories to function haha and to stop cravings....i know what you mean sometimes i eat something that makes me feel heavy then i feel guilty...i have been trying to take the advice of not feeling guilty because of the emotions that it causes......but sometimes it doesn't work... you know....yes it sounds like you did awesome today...i am so glad you went to the ballet class even though you felt bad about the way you look.....you know i think people are always so worried about how they look they don't stop to look at anyone else in their leotard smiling smiley it helps me haha..and i really believe it....well good luck with class you will be great...and good luck tomorrow on eating raw....take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 14, 2007 01:49PM

Sachelle you are awesome. I was reading what you posted on the main page and in taylors blog and i feel for you girl. Wieght issues suck and they never seem to leave you alone. If you everneed someone to talk to i'm hear for ya. SO your 22? Yay for young raw foodists. I'm 18. Ballet class was actually really nice last night. So glad i took it. SO i weighed myself this morning and I'm only 114.5 pounds. On the 9th i was 115.5 so i lost a pound but that took 5 freakin days. Why aren't i loosing it. I'm posting everythign I eat and it's realativley little and I'm exercising. I don't get it. Any advice?

Date: February 15, 2007 01:17AM

Today:
3 kiwis
1 plum
6 sheets of nori with mustard
1 grapefruit
1.5 bananas
1 apple
1 slice of orange
1 cherry pie lara bar
20 raw cashews
Took an hour an a half dance class and worked out at the gym. Good day eating wise but iguess i'm just frustrated with body image stuff. I wish it would stop creeping back in.

Date: February 15, 2007 03:07AM

Ooops just had 4 squares of chocolate. OH well valentines day. Question: HOw do you post pictures and where do you see other peoples?

Date: February 15, 2007 07:54AM

Hi starfruit...wow not that age matters but it is sooo wonderful to hear you are 18, it is nice to chat with someone around your own age because i feel so odd sometimes by what i eat and what i am trying to do and it is hard to relate with my friends here you know??? thanks for being there for me that is great to know...as well i am always here for you!!!! where do you live?? i am in san diego..so if you are ever this way you would always have a place!!!!! you are amazing i am glad you went to the ballet class and had a lot of fun!!! that is great!!! the weight is an inevitable thing...i have heard a lot of raw foodies that have always said sometimes your body isn't ready to release the extra weight and then one day it will just melt off...so keep up the good work...make sure you are getting enough food each day and keep up the tremendous work...thanks for helping me smile today.......oh and don't wory about the chocolates..tomorrow is another day.........i went to the movie and saw music and lyrics with a friend and with my movie card i got two thigs of free small popcorn and not that i wanted the popcorn i just wanted to be normal...but i still didn't eat it....i was brave and had some control..even though i was TRUELY hungry i hadn't eaten anything but 2 slices of grapefruit today...but i made it haha..
thank you again and iam always here
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxo
YEAH YOUNG RAW FOODIES IS RIGHT!!!!!!!!

Date: February 16, 2007 12:59AM

114 lbs
8 sheets of nori with mustard
2 handfuls of raisins
kiwi
papaya
pineapple
3 strawberries
10 grapes
1 banana
3 blood oranges (soooo good!)
3/4 container of guacamole (tried to make some this morning but my avacados were molded on the insdie blech so bought some)
3/4 container of carrot sticks
3/4 of a cashew cookie larabar
1.5 hr dance class and a 1.5 hour combat class
Feeling good!
I know completely what you mean sachelle about not feeling normal with friends. When i first went raw last spring that was the hardest thing for me. I felt so odd and diffrent and hated always being the one who was the exception. That's partly why i stopped doing it. But now I live in NYC and everyone is carazy here and does what they want. My friends actually think it's really cool and are being super supportive. I would love to go to Sandiego. Never been. It would be so neat to meet up some day. You always have a place here in NYC too! How was music and lyrics? i've been wanting to see that. Power to you girl for not eating popcorn!!!! Those are the hardest situations. You are amazing. Today i was really hungry and my friend was eating this piece of amazing looking bread and was like want some and i said yes i mean no no i don't. It was sooo hard. So girl only 2 slices of grapefruit!!! YOu need to eat more. That can't possibly sustain you. Do you have one of these threads where you post? I couldn't find one. Well thanks again. Maybe we can be raw foodie sisters since we seem the youngest by far on this site not that age matters.
xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 16, 2007 07:38AM

HI there.....wow you did so good today!!! power to you too for not taking that bread i know it is hard....that is so awesome that you have some supportive friens that really helps.....i know what you mean sometimes i just want to say you know what i am just going to be "normal" and not eat raw...but i have a long history with ED because of my weight since i was little......no matter what i did overexercising...throwing up after days of starving or the food i would eat because my endocrine system is all out of whack and my body stays at a certain overweight and won't budge....so it is tough......i want to feed my body healthy things and eat raw...because i believe that it will cause my body to heal itself andi will be able to lose weight and i will be at my natural weight...so that is oneo f my goals...although i have to stop and think about it sometimes cuz i feel guilty after eating something and just want to scream......so far it seems to be working....i just have to make sure i keep my exercise in check and not overdue it...i was going 2 times a day and doing about 4 hours each....it was consuming my life....and it was really crazy...especially cuz i have type 1 diabetes too...so it was always causing problmes...anyways i didn't mean to dump all that on you..just giving yous ome background on me smiling smiley.......no i don't have one of these threads...i think i better start one though haha..cuz i post on everyone's i need my own.....i know i know only 2 grapefruit slicesi was being "good" but i am doing better today....so ....of course we can be raw foodie sisters..and yes we do seem the youngest on here so far...but of course age doesn't matter...but it helps...to have someone who can relate socially to what you mean!!! i am glad i have found you!!! you are such an amazing person....you are doing so tremendous.....so proud of you!!! and of course i mean it you can stay with me in San diego if you are ever wanting to plan a trip with a friend too!! that is so awesome you went to paris...i would love to travel...but i always want to go with friends and none of my friends really are the traveling type haha...
yeah music and lyrics was really good...i loved it so cute ...especially on v-day haha......well girlie girl i will talk to you soon!! have a wonderful day!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 17, 2007 03:05AM

113.5 lbs
SO much fruit today!
pineapple
grapes
strawberries
2 handfuls of raisins
6-8 nori sheets w/mustard (all gone)
2 oranges
2 bananas
1 grapefruit
1 seaweed salaad
1 sushi roll (Ok so i just ordered a roll with seaweed avacado and cucmber no rice but of course they forget and put rice in so i jsut ate it cuase it was expensive oh well only cooked food i had all day)
1 ginger larabar
Feeling good. Went home to Boston this afternoon for the long weekend. IT's really nice to be home. My parents are taking me to an amazing restaurant tomorrow. I'm so excited.I'll have to let you all know what i get. MY mouth is watering. So my senses are defintley becoming mroe aware and precise. I decided to get a massaage lasst night becuase my body was killing me and my massage therpist was definitley a smoker. IT wasn't even on her clothes just on her breath butit overpowered me. ugh.
SO my dear sister i'm so glad we can support each other on raw but also on making wise choices with this whole crazy eating disorder thing. Yay us. I'm scared to travelnow becuase of eating. IT is harder in Europe. That would be quite an adventure. THe raw foodist sisters take europe hahaha! I'd love to come visit some time. Maybe this summer. . . hmmm OK well i will see that movie. ANd a valentines date!! Ooo you lucky tell me all about this scrumptious one. SO glad you made a journal yay. Talk to you soon
Much love,
Starfruit

Date: February 17, 2007 06:16AM

Hi love....well see your weight is going down YAY you!!!! i knew it would...if you just stick with it......awesome awesome girlie!!!!!!! oh well a little rice cooked is alrigh..they say if you are raw some people eat rice cooked and cooked beans too..better then chips or other yucky (or yummY) processed sugary foods right??? so you did awesome today!!! i am so happy for you......oh a nice massage sounds amazing...i would love to have one...bummer that she was a smoker though...our senses are so much more sensitive to smell now that we are raw that even a tiny bit could of overpowered you....oh well at least you made it through and got a wonderful massage!!! yeah i am so glad i have found someone that is supportive and wonderful that is going through a lot of the same issues i am!!! yeah that would be awesome...i bet you are nervous to travel though..but hey if we travel together we can support eachother and encourage eachother...we would do great!!! so yeah that would be so fun...for sure try to plan a trip this summer it will be fun!!! san diego is great sometimes haha and other times it is hard cuz my family is in indiana where i am from so it's a push pull thing you know??? that is great you are so close to family you can drive to see them and visit!! i wish i had that..but indiana would be hard to be raw as apposed to herei n san diego so in my beginning stage i gotta stay where i can you know?? well now that i have babbled on your journal again haha i guess i will end this!! take care and talk to you soon! have a wonderful night
love ya sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
oh if you read my journal you will know about the hike haha...i wasn't prepared for this so of course i had flip-flops on and they were the thick tall ones like 3 inches up or 2 haha...anyways so i had to borrow socks and shoes from the little girl i watch she is 12...well she wears a size 9 or so and i wear like a 5 or 6 haha..her shoes were so not forming to my foot i have 2 blisters on weird spots on my heel on the inside and a pain in the arch from no support...but other then that it was great!!
love ya

Date: February 18, 2007 03:58AM

112lbs
2 blood oranges
1 banana
1 nectarine
Then at 1:00 i went to amazing raw food restaurant and ate sooo much! Had "pasta and meatballs" beats and dehydrated meatballs so good. Seaweed salad and a nori roll. Also helped my 10 year old sister finish her fruit salad. Then had carob coconut pie for dessert. OH my goodness so much food, but really fun. Just got back from seeing midsummer night's dream with my mom. OH how i love Shakespeare.
Thanks Sachelle. I know i'm so excited the weight is finally starting to come off. So i'm worried about you my dear. You have to use the raw thing postivley you know, not just as a way to loose weight. When i first figured out i needed to go raw i went to my mom's energy doctor who has helped her get over a lot of energies. She did an energy scan and sensed that raw food was what i needed to get over these eating disorders. I found that really interesting. The reason i went back on raw after i'd fallen off for so long was becuase my energy had gotten all out of wack. I was really depressed and one morning i just woke up and knew what i needed. It's funny how if you puase and listen to your body it will tell you what it really needs. Ahh ok i just blabbed too much. I'm so glad i found you too girl. You've made this so much easier for me. and i'm gonna help get you through this hard stuff. I think it's smart to stay where you are. I definltey know what you mean. I want to go on a hike! I'm so jealous. It's too cold here to even walk outside. I hope the blisters heel. Well i'll write soon. Glad you call people love too!
xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 18, 2007 11:24PM

Hello hello.....sounds like you are doing so awesome i am glad to hear it!!! that is sooo fantastic!!! your body is going down to its natural weight!! that is good....yeah i am going to stay here in san diego cuz it is good for me haha.....andi am trying to stay away from the scale it is something that i am working on but doing a good job haha....i didn't make it to the body mind and spirit expo again...i wanted to make it for day two but i am enjoying relaxing in my room and taking it easy...thank you so much for the support yesterday it helped a lot...i am doing better today though....oh andi sent my email and phone number via private message to you!! so you should have that should you ever need to talk i am always here!!
love you sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 19, 2007 02:34AM

112 lbs
Serves me right after my feast yesterday lol
1 grapefruit
1 kiwi
2 bananas
1 peach
lots of nori w/avacado, mustard, saurkraut
leftoovers of raw pasta and meatballs
fruit cup
white peach tea
Worked out for a while at the gym
Good day. Saw my best friend who goes to BU. I missed her so much. Also saw another play (Almost Maine) with my family which was so good. Ah how i love the theatre. I head back to new york tomorrow. I'm excited to go back and get back to work. I have my 4 hour scene study class tomorrow night. Thanks for writing Sachelle. Glad you are keeping yourself away from the scale. I don't think it's such a bad thing if you learn to control it. I didn't weigh myself for a while when i was in recovery and now i'm fine just doing it once a day. If i feel like i need to more than that then i just stop doing it until i think i'm stable aaagain. Thanks for sending your info i'll send mine baack. So glad your doing well. IT's really nice knowing that i will always have a repsonse to what a write. So glad that we connected.
xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 19, 2007 06:30AM

Hi dearie!!! well of course you will always have a response it is a nice feeling i know!!! i was telling a lady i met at my raw potluck how wonderful the girls on the raw community site i am part of are!!! you really are my support system and keep me moving on in this and keep trying....i think if i didn't have this then i wouldn't be as good at being good haha.....awesome glad you saw another play i love the theater as well....good luck with your class!!! how fun...i bet you are awesome!!! i am glad you are able to control it..i have been doing better telling myself that it is okay to weigh just once a day!!! which is nice because i have started to think it really is okay haha...well sort of...but i am trying....yes i got your info and sent you a text i don't know if you got it i hope you didn't get woken up by it...just wanted to send you a hello!!! i am as well happy we connected it helps so much and you are an awesome friend to have!! have a wonderful day and drive safely back home to nyc....
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Current Page: 1 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables