Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

my transition
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 08, 2009 01:43AM

I've read several books--Carol Alt's two books, Natalia Rose's book and a book of recipes. Since Monday, I've eaten 85% raw every day. I've visited whole foods a couple of times researching ingredients. I've been to a whole lot of sites looking for information.

I've noticed that I'm having more frequent bowel movements, but they are green--I guess from my green smoothies daily.

One of my concerns is am I eating enough?

I eat fruit for breakfast--two oranges, 1 cup of cantaloupe, 1 cup of grapes. I eat a salad with raw dressing made from almonds for lunch. I made a raw pie that I've been eating--almonds, lemon, banana, carob powder, etc.

At night I eat a cooked meal of beans and brown rice. Tonight I ate vegetable tamales (my first "treat"winking smiley if you want to call it that.

One of the things I'm caught up on is food combining that I read about in Natalia's book--don't drink while eating, no fruit after cooked food (fermentation). How serious is the food combining thing--waiting time between different food types?

Ultimately, I feel great for having started this--I feel a change a coming--I want to get colon hydrotherapy soon to help flush the toxins--any advice?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: my transition
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 08, 2009 06:50AM

great books !

welcome to the site smiling smiley

the only way you can tell if you are eating enough is are you satisfied .. if you are feeling hungry then no you are probably not eating enough smiling smiley if you are headachey and woozy then no you are probably not eating enought smiling smiley

food combining for some people is very serious and for some people its not at all. it really depends how well you are digesting things smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Re: my transition
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 14, 2009 12:50AM

thanks for the advice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables