Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wake up call
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 20, 2009 02:25AM

Good evening,

I had a serious wake up call today when I went to go see my doctor. It turns out my triglycerides are out of control, along with my cholesterol. I have been eating poorly. Last week I received two books on eating raw and today I decided that I must put the books to good use. I spent some money at Sprouts today buying nuts and veggies plus fruits. I think it is going to take some time getting use to the preparation.

I took a picture of myself for my before shot and I am appalled. I think the picture is going to be one of my motivations to stay on this way of eating.

More later,

Erin Marie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wake up call
Posted by: Mona ()
Date: August 20, 2009 01:41PM

Welcome. You're in the right place. We have a wonderful supportive group here. What books do you have?

Peace,

Mona
[padremickey.blogspot.com]

Don't give up before the miracle happens.

Even if I'm on the right track, if I don't move I'll get run over.

Date: August 20, 2009 11:31PM

I have Alive In Five and Eating Raw for 1 or 2 people. I have used some of the recipes in both. I am having a hard time finding nutritional yeast so I may have to order that online.

I have made my own almond milk for the first time and I think it came out pretty good. Currently I am looking for a raw pizza recipe since I cannot have bread, butter, cheese and such I am having a hard time with this.

Erin Marie

Date: August 21, 2009 07:31PM

Today I am wondering if I can get enough calories in a day. I am writing in a food diary and counting the calories as best I can. So far I have not reached 1500 which is what I think I should be in order to be successful.

Erin Marie

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 21, 2009 07:45PM

are you using an online program or paper? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables