Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Health is a Journey
Posted by: Moby ()
Date: August 26, 2009 01:56AM

“Happiness? That's nothing more than a good health and a poor memory.” Albert Schweitzer.

I want to be happy. I want to be healthy. For the past 2 years I have been reading about raw food & contemplating a leap in that life style. Now I am ready.

I am looking for support, ideas and encouragement. I am looking to encourage someone else.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Health is a Journey
Date: August 27, 2009 05:01AM

Today I was pretty good... till I had potato chips. Consequences for eating most processed foods are immediate: upset tummy, bloating, fever like sweating... No such reaction to potato chips. They'll be hard to kick.

Date: August 29, 2009 11:36PM

I want soooooo bad to be raw, healthy. Just having such a hard time. Not quite sure what to eat. Then I eat something people on SAD eat & feel sluggish. Could you share any ideas or tips on how to take the leap? I have been eating more than 50% raw, but would really love to be 100%. Should I detox first? (How is that done?)Should I have a plan how to transition? Should I plan my meals in advance?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Date: August 31, 2009 12:08AM

Today I made awesome, or should I say rawsome mango pudding yawning smiley)
It's basically fresh mangos and dried (then soaked) mangos blended really well. Yum.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 22, 2009 03:42PM

Moby,
Hang in there.
I found steamed veggies helped me transition over to raw.

Vinny

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: September 22, 2009 04:32PM

I have noticed the more raw foods I eat the less I want the other foods. I am around all kinds of food because my family eat cooked foods I even cooke for them. I have found the green smoothies really help and perhaps some juices. You don't have to have much fancy appliances when you start out I had a bee hive blender before I got a older vitamix. I hope to get a new vitamix sometime soon though. I also find your thoughts are the beginning of your actions so if you can keep the thoughts in check you are in more control. For example if I think I want to eat something non raw I counter the thought with some reason I want to stay raw Like this last weekend My family was celebrating a birthday so of course there was cake I was tempted to take a bite but I knew that I would spiral down and binge because that has been my pattern in the past so I ate fruit and countered the thought with reminding my reason for going raw.
You can make a decision to do the raw food for a month and see how that makes you feel. Just make it into an experiment for yourself. Its a real eye opener
Be prepared for a wonderful experiance
Love

Pam

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables