Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Going Camping and Taking a Different Approach to Raw Food For Awhile
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 01, 2009 01:29AM

We're going camping Wednesday and will be back the following Monday--- the usual place, Lovells Island. The weather is going to be super-gorgeous and I can't wait.

I'm taking a different approach to my raw food diet, since clearly my methods lately haven't been exactly yielding the results I've wanted. I'm taking the pressure off myself about my diet and I'm kind of starting from scratch again-- no fasting yet, and maybe on my camping trip I'll do mono-fruit, or maybe I won't (???!)-- and working more with the emotions that cause me to feel ravenous and out of control half the time (mostly in the evenings). I'm really feeling great about this, because it's already helped me to feel less centered around food and hunger. This website:

[www.urbanmonk.net]

....is a treasure trove of information on the subject. I just discovered it recently and it's filled with simple practices based around meditation and contemplation that help people get unstuck.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Going Camping and Taking a Different Approach to Raw Food For Awhile
Posted by: Arrow ()
Date: September 01, 2009 08:56PM

That sounds really interesting, I will check it out, have a great time camping,

Arrow

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: September 02, 2009 02:29AM

Have a great time Kwan! I wish I were going too!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 02, 2009 03:52AM

urban monk is a great site ive been on there a year or so reading and digesting smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 12, 2009 01:58AM

Hey guys!
I've been back for a few days-- it was a wonderful trip with perfect weather every day-- cool and breezy, but sunny and warm enough to take a dip in the ocean most days. The main reason I love camping, anyway, is for the solitude, which helps me to get in touch with my inner guidance. Otherwise it would be kind of boring in some ways. I ended up not reading much of the 'Urban Monk' stuff that I had printed up to take with me on the trip after all, and instead I felt led to just go within and get in touch with my deepest truth-- which of course always turns out to be Divine LOVE!-- and that has helped me more than anything else to get back on track with food.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: September 12, 2009 03:26AM

Glad you're back and that you had such a nice time. I, too, tend to print things I plan to read and then don't read as much as planned when I travel. Sounds like you had a wonderful experience. Glad to hear it helped you get back on track with food.

Peace,

Mona

When I change what I believe, I change what I do.

Spiritual and emotional growth does not depend so much upon success
as it does upon failures and setbacks.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: September 18, 2009 07:55PM

Hi Kwan,

So glad you're doing well! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables