Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

humbug's journey
Posted by: humbug ()
Date: August 09, 2006 09:33PM

I've been vegan with a lot of raw food since last Friday. The main reasons were to combat depression, but reading other stories I have found other reasons now too.

It seems early days, but I do feel a bit more energy already, and I haven't been as moody - which is important as I have a husband and two small boys. This evening when my husband came home I went out and watered all the plants. Usually by that time I'm exhausted and just collapse in front of the TV or sometimes drive myself to do a few things. Later I did some yoga which helps too. I think I may be able to focus and concentrate a bit better too. This is important too as I think I am bipolar and have phases when I just can't sit still too.

The main thing that has occurred to me tonight is that although the last few days have been quite hot, I have no body odour whatsoever.

I doubt if I will keep this diary up, but I hope I will keep on with the raw food.

Humbug

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: humbug's journey
Date: August 15, 2006 08:31PM

I've been up and down since I last wrote, but I've managed to totally avoid caffeine through the ups and downs.

However, the end of last week wasn't good. WE stayed at my Mum;s for 3 nights and I didn't want to tell her about going raw food or even vegan, so ran into problems! I managed to have just fruit for breakfast, and salad and nuts during the day, but had to eat her evening meal each night.

THEn yesterday I did well until early evening when I scoffed a load of bread and maltesers.

Today I have been totally raw and managed not to eat after 7pm. I did some yoga and sipped water.

Humbug

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: August 26, 2006 12:44AM

Good work with your progress. Family and social encounters are always hard for sticking with raw. Good luck
Starfruit

Date: August 28, 2006 02:06PM

Been very erratic recently! Had a few days completely raw. Only one cup of tea in the past month (otherwise just water). Sometimes eaten bread and butter or, worse still, biscuits or chocolate.

Definitely healthier than when I started though. As other people have said, I try not to beat myself up too much about the slips, so that I don't fall off the wagon completely.

As I have had a few odd complete raw days in the last few weeks, I will try and have a two day raw period this week.

Dawn

Date: August 30, 2006 09:43PM

Completely raw today! Wow! Said I'd try and do two whole days raw this week, so hope I will keep it up tomorrow. May be difficult as we are going to a 2 year old's birthday party which may well involve cake. Also the journey there is quite difficult and I will arrive home late with the children who may well be grumpy by then, so I know I will be tempted by chocolate.

I think the best thing I can do is go to bed soon and get enough sleep to boost my raw food efficiency!
Dawn

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables