Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fall: Fruit Time!
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 08, 2009 12:18AM

Interestingly, even though the weather is getting colder, I'm really, really drawn to just fruit right now. I'm eating fruit and drinking juices and smoothies. Lots of pineapple and orange, bananas, etc., some dried fruit (not too much, just one thing a day) and sometimes avocado and tomato at dinnertime. I found the secret to be eating PLENTY of fruit, not holding back. If I'm slightly hungry, I have more fruit or make another drink. It makes a huge difference. I think in the past I got hungry and slipped up late in the day because I just wasn't eating enough fruit to take care of my needs. Eureka!

Just got back from the farmer's market where I got TONS of fruit for $33. Okay, pounds, not tons, but you know what I mean. ;-) (5 pineapples, 4 cantaloupes, 6 lb. of bananas, 6 lb. of tomatoes, 6 avocadoes, 1/2 lb. of dates, 2 qts. of strawberries.... etc.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fall: Fruit Time!
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 15, 2009 03:10AM

Oh, sounds lovely..I've also wanted more fruits the last few cooler days..probably the sugar for a faster burn for more heat for our bodies?

I've had fruit smoothies and less green smoothies, although I'm drinking both during they day.

Not really too hungry for much lately. Pineapples are better tasting in the winters, just seems like they are really nice and ripe around the holidays and are not ripe or over ripe in the summers.

Enjoy!

Love,
Prism

Date: November 16, 2009 03:55PM

Pineapples have been my base ingredient for smoothies last week. I started adding some greens (collards) because I was getting bloated. I've also been having cataloupe juice every day, and a couple days ago I made a raw apple pie with a crust of ground walnuts and raisins-- it was great!

True to my 'intuitive ecclectic' approach, however, this week I'm already moving into a veg/greens/fruit juice regimen to cleanse while assimilating large amounts of super-nutrients. In preparation, I bought cilantro, parsley, red pepper and more carrots to add to my stash of apples, carrots and fennel for juicing.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 20, 2009 04:00PM

So now I finally know what's up with all the hassles I've had trying to do fruit and juice: I'm almost as insulin resistant as I was when I was younger. As soon as I started a high-vegie juice fast, I noticed the difference right away: no hunger and high energy. I know this probably sounds odd, but by the second day I had already lost about 6 pounds of water weight, and I'm already continuing to lose weight. Today's day 4. My most recent 12 day fast (on lemonade and fruit juice) was a disaster: I actually gained weight. So this is a revelation and I'm SO happy! I have had trouble losing weight for the last couple of years, and I've not been a happy camper about it.

So I guess we are all more unique in our metabolic needs, even on a raw diet, than we realize. My metabolism got screwed up at an early age, due to chemotherapy and the early removal of my appendix; I was a skinny little kid, but by age 9 I was suddenly really chubby and stayed that way. When I went raw I assumed my insulin resistance and other factors would clear up, but I think it's now dawning on me that some things are semi-permanent (like a compromised pancreas) and call for tweaking of the diet. I'm thrilled that this has finally become crystal clear to me; if I have to eat more vegies than most raw foodists in order to be healthy, I'll gladly 'sign up,' and I'm totally on board! :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 20, 2009 08:56PM

at the moment i am gravitating way more to veggies then to sweet fruit ... i dont know what it is really .. maybe the weather .. maybe the time of year .. maybe im lacking something who knows .. but i am feeling pretty good doign what i am doing so it aint broke and i aint fixin it tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: December 02, 2009 04:33AM

Kwan,
I never knew that you had chemo and your appendix removed. But what an amazing testement to raw foods. I would have never known by looking at your photos. I had a friend years ago that had chemo as a child. He had a very patchy head, and was extremely thin, weak and tended to get picked on. He claims he had some very powerful spirits which helped him defend himself against these people. I feel sad that some conditions appear to have remained. I worry about the poor choices I have made in life, and weather or not these are perm. I can find out. Thats the thing I never considered is that maybe some things are perm or semi-perm. My partner criticizes certain health gurus, without taking into consideration damage from lifes experiences before going raw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables