Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Starting the Healing Process
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 22, 2009 08:29PM

Hi
I'm Emma, I'm 36. I was diagnosed with colitis in July this year. I felt completely distraught and I still do if I'm honest.
I was having 5 - 6 BM's per day with mucus and blood.

I came across David Klien's book, just a couple of weeks ago, and so I have slowly transitioned into his prescribed healing diet, where I am just juicing fruit and veg and having steamed veg in the evening.

To be honest I don't understand what I'm going through, I don't understand some of my emotions and I feel nervous about it all. I think I am seeing improvements, as blood has seemed to reduced a lot and I'm down to 1-2 BM's per day, I have lost loads of weight a bit more than i would have liked but I'm prepared to go with it if it means healing.

also one other weird thing my tongue feels fat and swollen is that part of detox?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Starting the Healing Process
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: November 22, 2009 11:39PM

Like you, I started a raw food diet for health reasons. For me it was acid reflux (GERD), not colitis. It took several months for me to get healthy, but I am off of all medication, will not need surgery (as I had been told by two different doctors), and am feeling great. I am writing this to let you know that there are people here who understand your feelings of bewilderment, nervousness and emotional stress, but who also believe that you are doing the right thing in improving your diet.

I'm glad you are stating to see some improvement already. Keep listening to your body and write in when you need support.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 23, 2009 08:03PM

Colitis...Acid Reflux...Chronic Constipation...etc. It's all the same.
I'd recommend Russell Mariani's book "Healing Digestive Illness"....WY

Date: November 24, 2009 01:53PM

well I've been on the David Klien healing diet for 10 days now, which is just juicing and some solid fruit here and there, I am very hungry, I checked my calorie in take and its only about 1060 per day I dont know how to up this really I suppose eat more fruit but I can't.

anyway not sure if I am healing, I had sort of formed stools albeit with some blood and mucus and now I have very very soft stools some times dirreahea with minimal blood and mucus.

is the very very soft phoo due to the fact I;m not eating much solid? do I take all this as a sign of healing?

Date: November 24, 2009 01:56PM

one other question how do you know when the detox is over?

Date: November 27, 2009 04:45PM

well i must be going through a detox, I have only been juicing and eating some 3 banana's per day. I have ulers on my tongue, rashes on my arms and legs and a swollen eyelid, my emotions are all over the place from feeling close to tears and sad to feeling great, positive and estatic.

I am now just juicing and water only have had no solid food. So will see how that goes for a few days.

Date: November 27, 2009 05:38PM

I don't know the answers to your questions, but maybe you'd want to ask them on the main forum where more people are likely to read. I'm sure there are others who have info to share and can help you in this beginning phase of your journey.
Best wishes.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 27, 2009 07:47PM

also talk to David on his website forum [www.livingnutrition.com] with your questions, I have always found him helpfull smiling smiley

and welcome to the site !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 30, 2009 10:58AM

well today I am feeling a bit fed up, I've been juicing and eating banana's for 2 weeks this will be my third week, and for every normal BM I seem to have 3-4 not normal BM's. Its frustrating to say the least. I know you're going to say hey come on its not even be 3 weeks yet...but still I'm not seeing gradual improvements.
One reason maybe I am still on steroid enema's and I am not truely going to start healing until i taper off these, but its hard because as soon as I go 24hrs withoug the pain returns and blood in stools returns.

I was looking for blogs this morning trying to find blogs of other colitis sufferers on this same healing path to hear there experiences....hopefully get some encouragement and inspiration from there.

Date: November 30, 2009 11:38AM

Have you searched this forum? Click on Search and type in colitis. Be sure to check how far back it searches because by default it'll only go 30 days and you'll want to select a longer time.

Date: November 30, 2009 11:56AM

P.S.: I was reading through some of the articles here and followed to this site: www.vibrancyUK.com and happened on a testimonial of a person with colitis who got improvement from a juice diet for a while.

Date: November 30, 2009 01:52PM

thanks for that I have recently contacted Gina, and have started to work with her...its still frustrating though I'm an impatient person.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: December 15, 2009 02:20AM

Elk 1973,
Have you considered seeking natural hygiene practitioner? They might suggest conditions for more rapid healing. I haven't seen one, but I find the N.H. philosophy so unique and inspiring.

Date: December 20, 2009 06:16PM

well I have been following David Klien's healing diet for 5 weeks, I started off juicing during the day, grape & Celery for breakfast, Apple, Cucumber & celery for lunch, nut milk mid afternoon then carrot or kale or carrot and red pepper late afternoonin and evening some steamed veg and at least 2 litres of water.

I made some good progress although I was having 4 BM's a day the stools were formed, the urgency was mild and the blood was reducing...Fantastic with minimal mucus, and this carried on for a week, I felt really good and thought hey I am going in the right direction and soon I will be able to introduce some delicous salads to my diet.....hhhmmmm then the symptoms picked up and for 2 weeks I am back to where I was when I was first diagnosed, 5-6 BM's per day blood and mucus,

I have had so many detox symptoms, ulcers in mouth, itchy rash all over skin my eyelid was swollen, very emotional, and then I had this lump on the base of my back, which eventually burst and oozzed pus for 4 days :-) and to mention I weaned myself off all medication which may explain the sudden return of symptoms...anyway the hygenist i am working with has said remove nut milks ..no good for healing colitis and go on an all juice diet, and the symptoms are my body purging itself of toxins. So I have been on an all juice for 5 days symptoms still present I have lost a lot of weight and don't look good which probaly sparks my emotional outbursts, I am also going to do a blood test to see if I am low on trace minerals which if you are low can slow down healing.....

Moto......the amazing healing body is at work :-) chin up and lots of hugs to myself

Date: December 21, 2009 06:48AM

You are really going through a challenging time. I hope you get through detox soon and get back to seeing the progress you were experiencing at first.

I had a different health issue that raw food corrected, but it was very slow, gradual improvement over several months. Like you, I had to experiment to find what to eliminate and what to add. Good luck. Hang in there.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: December 23, 2009 04:54AM

Elk1973,
Sending you love by prayer and meditation. Sounds like your doing some amazing work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables