Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Newbie - Help me get started!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 01, 2009 09:20PM

Hi Everyone!

I am ready to commit to a healthier lifestyle and that includes eating a more well rounded mostly raw diet. I have tried fad diets in the past and am looking for more than that - I want to feel more alive, energetic and in tune with my body. In the past I have been an over eater of just about anything - it's an emotional thing that I am working through - and b/c of that I have gained ~30 pounds in the last 3 years. I am sluggish, my clothes don't fit, my skin is always irritated - I know that all this due to my diet. I have researched many diets but I am looking for a lifestyle change. I want to be healthy, love what I eat and feel good in my skin.

That being said I need some help to get started! I have a juicer but what other kitchen tools are essential? Also, what are some great beginner recipes?! I need variety to help me stay on track. Also, what can I stock my kitchen with that won't go bad in a week (i.e., fruits/veggies).

Thank you in advance. I am trying to gather as much info as possible so this transition can be long term!

THANK YOU!
Best,
Emily (in SF, CALI)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie - Help me get started!
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 02, 2009 06:41AM

Greetings emilyah smiling smiley check the recipie section for Trive posted an amazing list of wraps smiling smiley they are really easy for beginners smiling smiley other then that ... a juicer is great tool to start with ! juice whatever fruits and veggies you like and find out what combos you like smiling smiley just add little bits at a time an taste often as its easy to throw something way off smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables