Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

RawFood4Me - making note of the journey
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 28, 2009 09:05PM

Started the day with 1 hour of yoga with Rodney Yee

My intention for today - I intend to honor my truth today - which includes meditation, yoga and preparing my raw foods.

20 ounces of water
1 cup of Kale chips

1 orange

salad w/red pepper, cauliflower, boston bibb lettuce, chopped baby carrot, a little olive oil, sea salt and honey.

raw banana cookies (banana, flax, sunflower seeds, raisins, honey)

20 ounces of water

veggie patties - peppers, carrots, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, tamari, scallion. On a bed of boston bibb lettuce.

20 ounces of water

herbal tea

Evening walk for 90 minutes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RawFood4Me - making note of the journey
Date: December 29, 2009 10:01PM

My Intention for today is: I intend that I am putting putting my imagination to it's best use by holding a vision of my ideal outcome.

Started the day with hot herbal tea - 2 10 ounce cups

Bfast - kale chips, banana and flax bread

Lunch - lentil soup

Snack - mango, kale chips

20 ounces of water

Dinner - sunflower sees patty with sliced peppers and kale

OH - I am SOOO happy that the holidays are over! I found it difficult to remember that following my raw food lifestyle is my gift to myself. Too many people questioning what I do and don't eat, and I found that I fell in to the trap of feeling deprived and then eating foods that make me feel.....awful! Stopping the cycle was difficult and I need to remember this for next year! If I am going to host a Chanukkah and a Christmas dinner, I am either going to have other people bring the cooked food and I supply the raw, or someone else will have to do it. Even though I was the one who offered to have both holiday dinners at our house, I found myself angry that I was wasting my voting dollar by purchasing food that doesn't support my beliefs. Allowing myself to be pressured in to purchasing and cooking foods - I felt as if I was giving all of my power away. I was a victim of myself. How silly is that?

So now that the holiday hosting is over, I remember that following my chosen raw lifestyle is a gift that I give to myself. A way to honor my own truth.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: December 30, 2009 07:47AM

"... my chosen raw lifestyle is a gift that I give to myself" - What a great way to think about it! Thanks for that!

My favorite raw vegan

Date: January 04, 2010 08:35PM

Finally back to some form of normal... back to work and back to some kind of a routine! The holidays always throw my lifestyle upside down...

I decided to make a list of "intentions" this year instead of "resolutions". I recently read that the key to successful intentions is to act as if they are already a "done deal". For instance, one of my intentions is to consistantly practice yoga and meditation on a daily basis. If I were to consider both of these intentions as if they are both already a "done deal", then I would consider how I would feel on 12/31/10 - how grateful and peaceful I feel after a year of this practice... and so forth. So, I've made a list of my intentions for 2010:

1. Daily meditation
2. Daily yoga
3. Daily walking or running
4. Conscious eating - continue to transition towards 100% raw
5. Complete current course load for Wholistic Nutrition and order books for second phase of program.
6. Release the rest of my excess weight to get to 125lbs - (20 pounds)
7. Release old habits and pay off all credit card debt by June 1.

Funny - there is nothing in my list related to my job...the one that pays the bills... and this is the part of my life that takes up the most amount of time!

My food today:

Roobios Tea
Cantaloupe
kale

Onion Bread (that I made in the dehydrator) - awesome!!!!
greens, sweet peppers, carrots, oranges, tomato all wrapped up in the onion bread
20 ounces of water

Hemp seed butter
sweet peppers
greens
warm tea

I intend that I remember that what I am thinking and talking about all day long is what I am manifesting for myself...

Date: January 06, 2010 01:32AM

Short session with Rodney Yee this morning - 30 minutes of yoga.. I can't believe it is 32 degrees here in Florida! Tomorrow I am planning to run no matter what the temps are!

Bfast - warm tea and now I cannot remember what I ate!

Snack - Living Nutz - geeeez those things are good. Cheesy almonds - still can't believe those things are raw...

Lunch - onion bread from the dehydrator - I love that stuff! inside the bread I added greens, carrots, peppers, tomato

Dinner - marinated cabbage, lightly steamed brocolli, more greens from above

Lots of water today!

I think I may need to start keeping index cards in my purse so I remember to write down what I eat.

I am feeling soooo wonderful again - being raw is really the only thing that ever makes me feel this good. The yuck from the holidays is almost gone, my head is clear again and I'm feeling lighter again... upbeat, hopeful, like I can take a sign of relief....the "real" me is emerging again.

Tomorrow I leave for Chicago for 2 days of meetings for work. Work travel is always challenging. I'm planning to pack some dehydrated kale, a few oranges and nuts. I usually have a bag of sliced peppers and a bag of baby carrots in my laptop bag, so I should be good for the flight until I get to my hotel. Take a deep breath - all will be good...

I love this:

" I am a mighty manifestor and all good things come to me easily and effortlessly"....

Date: January 06, 2010 05:17PM

Leaving today to head to Chicago for 2 days of work related meetings. From what I hear, the temps will be below 20 degrees. YUCK! I usually love cold weather, but I've noticed since going raw that my preference is for 50 degrees and above. Interesting....

Started this morning with herbal tea, a banana and a few walnuts.

Lunch - greens, mixed vegs all wrapped up in the last of my yummy onion bread.

Dinner - I have no idea since I will be at a work related dinner - being held at a steak house... deep breath - all will be ok -

Date: January 07, 2010 11:42PM

OMG - my Florida blood is much thinner than I thought. All of these clothes and layers and I'm still cold!

Dinner last night was interesting - I got too many questions about what I was eating.. I didn't announce that I eat only raw food - I simply ordered a salad and lightly steamed asparagas. I got the, "Oh, your a vegetarian? What's a vegan? I feel sorry for you... Don't you want to eat meat? You don't even eat fish? What about eggs?" When the waiter brought out the platter with samples of the different meat cuts, I heard all of the "ooooh's and aaaahhh's".. IN MY HEAD, I'M THINKING, "dead food! where is the life in that food? do you have any idea how bad you will all feel if you eat that stuff?" LOL - there were many more comments and questions.

Oye vay! I simply stated that it's a personal choice. Yet, throughout the evening, I noticed that people were making self critical comments about what they were eating - as if my choices were making them feel accutely aware of their own choices.

And this morning when we all had to meet bright and early at 8:00 a.m., two people didn't show up - claiming that they may have food poisoning. Personally, I think they were suffering from eating all of that meat and combining it with alcohol.

Today was much easier though. Fruit plate for bfast at the hotel, salad bar for lunch and more salad for dinner. There are a few raw food restaurants here, but I'm not interested in venturing outside in this weather. I do wish I had other people to interact with that have a similar outlook - right now I'm feeling very alone and different. Raw food changes your entire life - and in this very moment, I'm really feeling the lack of "raw food community" in my life.

I'm hearing I may end up stranded here for an extra day because of the weather...

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: January 08, 2010 06:52AM

Hi,

You wrote: "Raw food changes your entire life - and in this very moment, I'm really feeling the lack of "raw food community" in my life."

I certainly agree that the changes are profound. As to feeling a lack of raw food community - I feel sorry that you don't have much support there, but then that's why we're here. Thanks for writing.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: January 11, 2010 02:26PM

Robin,

Thank you for your response! I do realize that there are others out there - it seems when I log on to these community sites, it is never at a time when others are around! But thank you for the sentiment! It would be wonderful to have other people to speak to/share with throughout this journey - on a more regular basis!

I will look again at some of the other pages within the forum...

Have a great day!

Robin

Date: January 11, 2010 02:37PM

I made a marinated cabbage bowl a few days ago -

Finely slice up a head of green cabbage
Add dark sesame oil, rice vinegar and aminos
Continually toss throughout the day and put in fridge
When ready to eat, toss on a very low heat to warm (it's cooooollld outside!)
Add a little agave or honey and raw sesame seeds, yesterday I used hemp seeds
Yummy...

Went to the gym with my son, Ryan, over the weekend. It was too cold to walk or run outside. It was a nice change to be back in a gym and this one is within walking distance of our house. A $15 a month fee is so rediculously reasonable, I am considering joining. I would have a place to run and or walk when I don't have a buddy to join me, plus no matter the weather, a place to make sure I get in an hour of daily activity. They even offer yoga twice a week, which would be a nice change from my home practice.

One of my intentions for 2010 is to change my relationship with money and eliminate debt. Last night I came up with the following:

I respect money.
I am conscious and conservative when I spend money.
I attract abundance.
The universe provides everything that I need.
I share my gifts of abundance with others.

Today I will take care of myself by feeding my body and my soul:

Warm herbal tea
Fresh juice - cucumber, orange, spinach (not all together!)
Greens w/kelp noodles and raw marinara
Hemp protein drink after running/workout
Sliced tomato, brocolli and spinach for dinner

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables