Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Renewal of Rawfoodism: Volume III
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: February 07, 2010 02:41AM

This is Elakti again, vol 3. I thought about changing my name and coming in here incognito, new persona....but, probably couldn't get away with that for long. smiling smiley

Weight: 170. Recently lost 15 pounds, for various reasons. I went shopping today at People's co-op and got lots of real food. Am readying for another renewal.

All is well-ish. Still doing Tai Chi, which is wonderful. I "know" now the 108 moves of Wu style, and practice as much as I can.

My health is not real good, I would say. Still smoking. Always vegetarian, but with cooked, junk foods again. I would like to keep trying...mmmmmm....

Will be 60 next month. Mmmmm.... I have to hurry up and be patient with myself.
Whaaa-aat? (How could I have disguised myself!?)

I got such good organic food today...and found some Valencias which I paid Quite a Price for, which is fine with me. I got raw tahini and sesame seeds to make dressing, lots of greens and good things for salads. Several kinds of tangerines, some pears, mangoes, and more: Launching renewal.

I would like to be raw by the time I'm 60. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism: Volume III
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 07, 2010 03:14AM

woo hoo welcome back hun smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: February 08, 2010 03:40PM

Bumpy start, still half and half. Went out to lunch with friends and ate a cooked meal ... a vegan Thai place, not much besides cooked so I had steamed veggies and rice. Still eating other non raw fare; but also the good produce I purchased the other day. And what a difference in taste. There is no comparison between the organic food from People's co=op and produce (even 'organic') from regular stores. Even the romaine lettuce...so tasty and the colour so rich. The bell pepper is super, the flavor just popping in the mouth. I ate many tangerines yesterday for a snack. Craving citrus...and greens. I got some sunflower sprouts...they're more like baby plants (I hate sprouts) and so flavorful. When I am in transition from bad food I always crave greens. I think it is the minerals I need. And the greens from this co-op are so good...naturally seasoned...I can taste such flavors, must be the minerals, and I can feel myself welcoming them. I can see I am weaning myself slowly from the "food" I want to get away from. It's tough.

I also bought a vegan dessert...the temptation was so great, particularly since it is so rare to find such vegan treats.

Date: February 09, 2010 03:52AM

Good dinner---salad.
Wanted to go to Tai Chi class, but didn't make it out of house in time. Only have very short turn around time after I get home from work. So, I practiced for an hour doing the form 2 times. Now very relaxed, smoothed out. It is like a self-administered acupuncture treatment.

Date: February 11, 2010 04:48AM

Tai Chi class this morning....delicious.

Made a great salad today, enjoyed it very much. Used the spiralizer on golden beet, carrot, and zucchini which added much to the taste. And also made the salad very pretty.

Am taking another day off tomorrow and may juice since I will have entire day even though it only takes just a few minutes really and is very easy to clean and does provide compost also but it takes me months to plug it in and just do it.

Liked the golden beet, but not nearly as much as red ones. I do love beets even though they're below the surface. I am waiting for pears and mangoes to ripen.
The more raw and sanely I can eat now the better I will feel when the real summer yummy fruit appears.

Date: February 13, 2010 02:29AM

Am enjoying green smoothies again. The pears are ripening and are they ever good. Bosc, I think. (yellowish brown) Mangoes still not soft enough. One may be good tomorrow. I had part of a pear from Von's, and I could hardly eat part of the part!

Salad.

And, lots of lettuce goes into the smoothie. I do like greens in the smoothies (not always)...sometimes, even a bit of celery. Usually just enough for the smoothie to whisper***celery.

Tomorrow I would like a smoothie that Shouts !!!Mango!!!

Date: February 17, 2010 02:47AM

Am not doing well...this is tough. Not organized, not real motivated, and am not letting go of the regular fare. I need a short fast, even a couple days. That is how I usually "go back"...by cleaning the palate and getting real hungry for real food.

Anyway, I'll keep at it in meantime. Maybe a week-end soon I can do this. I get off work at 3:30 (finish lunch a lot earlier, could start the fast then) and go through Sat and Sun. This would help, as I know from past experience. I feel like I'm trying to jump from a moving train to another. I need to stop the train I'm on (which is speeding) and get off and walk onto another one.

And while fasting, re-read good 'ole Ehret.

I crave unmentionables (vegan, but unmentionable all the same!). After even a short short fast, I crave lettuce and oranges.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: February 18, 2010 09:23PM

Elakti!!!! hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how are you?? I miss you!! Im glad you didn't come in with a new name and try to be incognito!!! I would of missed you!!! I am back on the forum and ready as ever to continue everyday with all my friends!!! don't be discouraged!!! you are strong!!! i remember that strength when we used to talk!! You can do this!!! i believe in you!!!! You just gotta keep picking yourself up and trying again, and always remember that if you can't pick yourself up for whatever reason, we are here to pick you up and carry you, till you are strong enough to do it!!!!!! I hope you have a great day!!!!
Talk to you soon!
xoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: February 22, 2010 03:11PM

Well, Earthangel!!!! Hello to you too! I've often wondered about you, so nice to "see" you again. Just came on for a quick peek, nothing much to report as I am not eating so well. I feel too cold to go without comfort food, and I haven't sat down with the Ehret books yet, blaah blaah blaah (excuses). I do need a little fast, I think. Even a day. Just to get off the speeding train and turn around onto another track in the other direction.

Thanks for your rah rah support. Hope you're doing well, haven't even seen if you started a journal. I'm off to work now, in a hurry.

More cold and rain here in San Diego. Damn! (I work outside, brrrrrr)

Date: February 22, 2010 06:10PM

Hello!!! thank you!!! i wonder how you are as well!!! I always think of you whenever OB is mentioned lol idk why!! Or when i remember back to the co-op, I think of you lol!! oh the things that trigger memories right???
Ugh i know i don't know why we are having this out of control rain!! its soooo yucky!!! It makes it not very fun to job hunt lol!!!
Well have a wonderful day at work!!!
xoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: February 22, 2010 06:18PM

Oh hey and btw i didn't start a new journal, my journal is still up and running here on the diary section, and life is one big journey, so i didn't want to make a new one, just continue on with the one i had before!
xoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables