Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 110 pounds lost so far, in 6 months !!!
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: June 04, 2013 06:03PM

So I have been doing extremely well on the 80/10/10 style diet. I have been nearly 98% fat free for 2.5 months. I am feeling amazing. the only fat i eat is enough to keep me healthy and smart. I will eat maybe 1/2 tsp of hemp seeds every other day in a smoothie. I have lost all my salt weight, and the fat is going away that I was still harboring.!!! I truly love the power and health and energy level of lower fat. fat is just addictive but doesn't add much to perfect health. we need so much more than peoples addictions will let them believe! once i am to my ideal athlete fat percentage( approx. 6% bodyfat) I will start eating just a little bit more fat some. as in a half avocado a day or whatever.
if you are looking for true answers, you MUST give LOW FAT RAW VEGAN cuisine a standing chance. most people try it for a few days or a few weeks and they say it did't work for them. In reality they gave up. people who give up don't usually make it to the finish line. the only way to live life is one foot in front of the other and TURN OFF THAT THINKING ! ! ! !

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Noahbt ()
Date: June 18, 2013 05:34PM

First let me just say that your story is an inspiration to me for I myself am 410lbs and just starting on my journey of the raw food lifestyle.

I started on 6/13/2013 and it has been 5 days so far and I love it but the cravings are so immense that I find myself not being able to sleep at night, I have no energy and I can't focus.

The first two days I was 100% raw but now I have cut it back to just breakfast, lunch and snacks.

I was just wondering how you battled your cravings and did you have similar side effects when starting the Raw diet?

I also understand that there is a time of detox when going 100% raw, I don't think that I am detoxing because I am not eating 100% raw yet.

Here is what my diet consisted of today thus far.

24oz green smoothie for breakfast (Water, 1 head of Romanian lettuce, 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries and a piece of ginger root)

for lunch I had 3 cups of watermelon and 3 large carrots with light dressing.

for a snack I had 1 large banana.

I have drank over 40oz of water today.

for dinner I will most likley have a cooked meal.

So I don't feel that I am detoxing do to my current diet, but rather withdrawn from constant junk food.

So any tips would be much appreciated. smiling smiley

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: July 04, 2013 06:13PM

i would respond to you buddy, but the forum seems to have run out of memory.
The best tips I can offer someone are
1. when you cheat, cheat raw....then you are not failing, or making yourself think you are failing. have faith raw will work. it does. also i use ganja to help my stomach not feel horrible when i only eat wheatgrass juice and lemon water all morning. then after noon you can do a fat free green smoothie. eat as much fruit as you want in the beginning. don't eat salt ever, unless of course you are debating eating cooked food, then , like i said, cheat raw. as in sometimes in the 1st year of being raw i would cheat and eat super fatty raw cheezcake and who knows what else, but it was all raw. don't be scared. just know in your heart that wheatgrass has everything your body needs to be happy and healthy, so only eat wheatgrass if you can handle it, then when you feel near death, drink a smoothie or a yummy juice. then when you feel near death from that go ahead and eat a big ol fruit salad, and then you'll be like WOW! fruit salad is more satisfying than i thought!

Date: November 10, 2013 09:01PM

Yeah for You! You can calculate your nutrients at: caloriecountabout (dot com)

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables