Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: 110 pounds lost so far, in 6 months !!!
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 18, 2011 05:53AM

i love your journey story so far RAWLION smiling smiley keep up thte great work and thanks for your presence here it makes a huge difference for all us folks to see and hear success stories smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: January 18, 2011 06:42PM

RIGHT ON! you guys have also been a major influence on me as well.....we all need to remember that we are on the same boat. And that hope is not the only thing we can rely on. we can also rely on the FACT that people EVERYWHERE are getting ultra healthy, baywatch style physique. and believe me, ive learned so much about this not being about looks alone. the first thing raw food does is makes you feel better. It starts with that first meal or green smoothie. then its that first day, the first month, the first YEAR! so awesome! I have been 100% raw for 16 months! And the difference is the difference between having a life span of 60, or now having a life span of closer to 90 or older!
for those of you thinking MAYBE you could do this......think again! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! we are evolved to eat mostly if not ALL raw food. man has not been eating cooked food for that many thousand years. we have been around for millions probably if not billions of years........

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: January 19, 2011 12:17AM

Haha, you should become a motivational speaker RL! You certainly have the energy!

Did you you get my reply to your message about the video? I'm not sure it if it sent or if I just accidentally previewed it, thought I sent it and deleted it. Lol, I'm not familiar with this forums DM stuff.

Date: January 29, 2011 08:11AM

Yes, klomasius, i got the message, and I'm about to copy that movie for you!!
I am dealing with a sprained ankle, but other than that My muscles have been getting bigger on the daily! So I'm not sure how much my weight will fluctuate now. I am right around 250. and I wouldn't mind being this weight forever as long as it turns into all rippling muscle. Which is currently working out nicely.
I use hemp protein powder and hemp seeds in combination in my green smoothies for weight lifting. I am excited to see where this takes me.

Date: February 01, 2011 07:36PM

I have been having fun reading this thread. in your first post you are saying things like "must" and "but" and by the most recent posts here you are saying things like "energetic" and "stamina" and "awesome".

You really seem like you are becoming more light and sparkly all the time.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I am glad to hear that I will gradually stop thinking about cooked foods. Because I had to watch my family eat chinese the other night, and I just had to put my head down and breathe. It was not the best ever. It would be so super if I just didnt even register those smells as food smells, haha.

Keep it up! You make quite the amazing 'After'!

Date: February 01, 2011 07:47PM

Also, for weight lifting... can you eat bee pollen? It's better than steak for protein. It has 22 amino acids, it's 35% protein, and is very rich in B-vites. Along with everything else that's cool about it.
Discovering how to eat it and what it does for me made it so that now if I recognize that I need protein, I'll choose hemp seed if I want the omegas, and bee pollen if I want the aminos.

Date: February 02, 2011 06:05PM

i CAN eat bee pollen, I just choose not to. Its not about health with bees for me. Its about the fact that we are robbing them when we take honey from them. or pollen or any bee product. I quit doing bee products about a year ago. I get plenty of everything the way I'm doing it. Thanks so much for the info. The hemp seeds and hemp protein powder got me covered in the amino acid department. Not to mention the pounds of veggies I eat, smoothies, and juice. Amino acids are everywhere. I just have to keep up on the ones in legumes, because as a raw foodist I barely ever eat legumes. Also, keep in mind I enjoy the odor of cooked food still. But it has no hold on me. You will become so strong, that you will in fact get joy out of things without feeling like you need them. Kinda like ex alcoholics going to the bar for the energy, but not drinking. Or quiiting ganja or cigarettes and smelling one again, enjoying the odor but not needing one. same happens with food. I am SUPER vegan, and never eat cooked anything. But if somebody cooks up some bacon, I enjoy the experience of the odor for just what it is. ODOR. like incense. You will be strong like bull on raw, not just muscles, but mental too. just have faith, cuz it takes time !!!

Date: February 08, 2011 05:03AM

Haha! Thank you! I also quit drinking about 4 months ago, and stopped going to bars. My friend had a birthday party at a bar and I went. I had coffee, and couldnt finish half a cup because it was too strong and not fresh. I sat there with my disgusting coffee and had a good time. I was surprised, I thought it would be hard.

I do enjoy the smell more than the taste come to think about it smiling smiley

Date: April 01, 2011 03:42AM

so< i finally hit a huge milestone! a few days ago I had officially lost 200 pounds thus far!!! I lift weights regularly now, and the muscle is building up.I am working to be a living example of raw vegan muscle!

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: April 01, 2011 05:28AM

Hip hip hooray!!! That is absolutely AMAZING!!!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: trox ()
Date: April 04, 2011 05:39PM

What an inspirational read! Please keep posting updates. smiling smiley

Good Vibrations,
Trox

Posted by: thickskin ()
Date: April 06, 2011 08:23PM

Wow cool Lion!! Way to go wooo hoooo!!!! I just started and just saw your thread but I watching it now. I have loads to lose too.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 07, 2011 12:30AM

fantastic are you going to have another pick on line? I just started back again.

Date: June 18, 2011 02:39AM

I am looking better and better by the day! I have maybe 15 pounds of fat to lose! I am on a juice fast currently to strip the very last bit of my fat off of me. I am a whole new person! I've lost over 210 pounds and I look so small now. Yet strong and tall and built. Raw food is the blessing.......

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 18, 2011 04:11PM

i am so proud of you !!!! you must feel so incredibly awesome smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 20, 2011 05:48PM

Hi RAWLION. Good job!

Any new pics?

Posted by: MelinnaMia ()
Date: July 10, 2011 07:11PM

RawLion:
Awesome!!! You ROAR! Getting your good self out there and living the life. What an inspiration! Raw food chef? Rad! Fantastick! Outtasight! Get the word out there, and then get some of those raw food chefs up to Oregon!

What an awakening, Keep it coming, and thank you so much for sharing the good news!
MelinnaMia

Posted by: rawutmamma ()
Date: October 12, 2011 07:08PM

You are such an inspiration! Amazing!

Posted by: skuli ()
Date: November 24, 2011 10:22PM

reading through the thread and very inspired. how are you doing currently? such a great story!! i lost about 80 lbs on a low carb diet and have put some back on, thinking of trying raw now after watching some documentaries, working towards it now and stories like your are re-assuring!!!

Date: March 01, 2012 05:00PM

I am better than ever! I ride my mountain bike SOOOO much now. like 30 miles at a time! I am in better athletic shape now than ever before in my life! I have been 100% raw vegan now for about 2 and a half years. I would never go back. I am a complete advocate of going 100%. nothing less will make you reach your ultimate potential! Its easy too.......not being 100% is actually harder in the sense that you are always battling in your mind. anybody who is doing lo carb, has done lo carb needs to go raw. You are creating huge imbalances in your body, and major nutrient losses. GO RAW!

Posted by: KyraLamb ()
Date: March 03, 2012 10:34AM

Well Done, You! What an ispiration this story is to me since I have only just begun a similar journey (I've just finished my first week of gradual integration into the raw lifestyle). Thank you for being an example to people like me! smiling smiley

-KyraLamb
Follow Me As I Go From S.A.D. to Raw- Live! [the-ideal-diet.blogspot.com]

Date: March 03, 2012 04:50PM

This is me as of August 2011. I am standing at Gaia Festival with my lover, who is 7 months pregnant now! We didn't know it but she was 2 days pregnant in this pic!
started at 440 pounds! i am currently riding in the 225 zone! GO RAW PEOPLE! 100%..... your life is waiting for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: spectrum ()
Date: March 03, 2012 07:50PM

Congrats on the pregnancy rawlion. You are truly an inspiration to me. I love reading your posts and seeing how drastically you have changed your life. I sure hope to follow in your footsteps.

My daughter is two and it took her one month of me drinking green smoothies twice a day before she decided to try some. She drank about 300 ml and her only response was "delicious."

What is the ratio of fruit to greens that you eat?

Also how has your raw diet changed from when you started to now?

Date: March 04, 2012 07:30AM

My diet hasn't changed too much. I eat as many greens as possible and I eat fruit regularly. I'd say I am about 33/33/33 as far as fruit to greens to fats.
I have 3 kids already and they are all 100% raw vegan! My 2.5 year old twins have been 100% raw from birth and you can tell! WOW! Green smoothie is the key to kids nutrition. They just have to use all that energy it gives 'em! My raw diet has become slightly less strict recently. I eat way more fat than I used to. I need to cut down. But ice cram is so YUMMY! its still totally raw, so WHO CARES!

Date: April 19, 2012 03:07PM

i started working at whole foods recently! My new step into the health food world. I am the face of the store, dealing with customers as a cashier! This makes me proud as I probably wouldn't have been hired for that when I was obese! I also bought my first puma track suit recently, this is a big deal for me. Puma is on a different level, not nike, not adidas, but OG PUMA ! ! ! ! I grew up on puma, then they went out of business for a second......
I love life, more than ever thanks to the freedom of 100% RAW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Ivi rose ()
Date: April 19, 2012 06:13PM

YAY! I am so happy for you. I am glad you can have a job that is worthwhile. You have made a tremendous accomplishment in your health quest. SUCCESSFUL, that describes YOU.
Thank you for sharing your hard earned knowledge with all of us. You have and continue to help me tremendously with you story.
Post a pic of you in the track suit. Would love to see the color on your bad self.

Posted by: spectrum ()
Date: April 19, 2012 08:55PM

Hey Rawlion, I always love reading your posts. So inspiring.

I have been meaning to ask you what do you feed your twins. My daughter is two and I would love to get some tips from a pro. Oh and please give me your fav ice cream recipe.

Thanks and all the best to you.

Date: April 21, 2012 03:14PM

my twins eat green smoothies, they love the sweet yum yum. They LOVE broccoli and dip. they love fruit. the key is to make em suffer so their palate is hungry! then feed them something yummy like salad. my twins have been 100% raw since birth! so their palates are very green. they eat chlorella tablets and wheatgrass pills like candy!
dip, smoothies, fruit, veggies. if they won't eat it, they might not be hungry enough. health pudding is fun. i make a pudding base with fruit and greens and add some fat source and frozen fruit to thicken it up.

Date: July 11, 2012 07:45PM

so recently, about 3 weeks ago, I started eating very low fat, 80/10/10 style. i don't eat any overt fat. all the fat I get comes from apples and bananas right now. I lost so much weight in the beginning of being raw, 3 years ago, that I started partying it up on raw fatty treats......so I never lost my final pounds! so I am ready for professional athlete level of fat content on my body and I'm tired of fat based lethargy. It is amazing how many thousands and thousands of calories we can eat just from "innocent" nuts. One bag of nuts I used to buy(gone nuts brand), is the same number of calories as a pint of ben and jerry's!!! anyway, I will keep you guys posted on how my energy levels are. and how my fat loss works out! So far I am way more energetic, and I eat tons of green smoothie instead of high fat, less nutrient rich snacks. Things are great!! It was so easy to make the jump, I am so sad I didn't take the leap sooner!! don't be afraid guys!!! fat is a very addictive thing!

Posted by: chat ()
Date: July 14, 2012 03:34AM

Funny you should say that! When you posted the recipe of that gorgeous avocado pie, I remember thinking holy guacamole it has to be delicious but the amount of fat and the variety of fat it packs is sure to put my stomach on it's head!! So I never even tried to cook itsad smiley

I'm trying to follow a lower fat diet myself (20%, not 10 yet as I need to research it a but more), so I'm very much looking forward to your updates as you go along! And please please do post delicious low fat recipes as you discover them!!smiling smiley

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables