Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I want to try!!!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 02, 2010 07:50PM

Hello everyone,
I really want to try going 100% raw but I don't know where to begin. I have been pouring over information and I may be on info overload because I'm so overwhelmed I don't know how to start.

But this is a start right?

I need to know what to buy, eat and I have zero support at home.

Just point me in the right direction and I'm good to go.

I can eat very simple, no need for complex meals with tons of herbs and such.

I'm looking for a list of what to buy and what to do, say for a week.

I really do need help. Its tuff to stay positive without support.

Thanks

BB

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I want to try!!!
Date: April 03, 2010 01:11PM

The advice I've been getting is great. I am filled with renewed energy and hope. Yesterday was a low point which is why I looked for help online. I went to have my picture taken for my passport and when I looked at it I did not know myself. I wanted to run out of the store but the salesperson was very nice and I did not want to be rude. Am I being to hard on myself....perhaps but the scale does not lie when it shows me that I weigh more than I ever have in my entire life. I could give reasons ( excuses ) for my weight gain but the truth is that I just wasn't giving my eating habits any thought. I ate the way I always have and never had a problem that required dieting. But with age comes a new set of rules and I did not bother to read them. So there I stood looking at a photo of a myself shocked that I had been so transformed without knowing it. After my pity party I got online looking for help. I was never a big meat eater and cooking is more of a chore so raw is a good fit. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone and making new friends.
Happy Easter
BB

Date: April 03, 2010 06:59PM

Hey there. There is a bunch of help out there. I first started learning by reading some raw food books by Victoria Boutenko, going to Matt and Angela Monarch's website (therawfoodworld.com) and just looking up prominent raw fooders and learning from them.

I actually just recently started a blog at [www.lucycou.com] if you would like to come check it out. I am posting 30 days of being 100% raw. I am posting everything I eat with photos and recipes. It should give you some ideas as to what to make. I hope this helps.

Google is your friend. Just research as much as you can and don't get overwhelmed. I know it seems like there is SO MUCH information out there, but take it a day at a time and keep coming to raw forums online like you have. It's hard to get a support group going. Not many people are interested in raw foods, sadly.

Hope I've been somewhat of a help and good luck!

You've got a friend here and if you have any questions just contact me via my site. I have my email and everything listed on my contact me page.

Cheers!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 04, 2010 02:54AM

welcome to the site , ask lots of questions smiling smiley the best place to start regarding what to eat / what to buy is go out and hang in your supermarket / produce store and buy all the things you know you like and maybe one or two things you have never tried before smiling smiley dont but put off forver by the taste of something you try either , later on down the road your tastes might change. I could never ever stand eating mangoes and now i love them smiling smiley learn what a perfectly ripe peice of fruit or veggie tastes like, sometimes that means leaving it to sit on the counter an extra day or so .. some stuff tastes good to me cold from the fridge other things taste better at room temp smiling smiley

hang in there smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: April 04, 2010 12:34PM

Thanks to everyone.

Today is a travel day as we return home from spring break. I can't wait to get home to my own kitchen and use all this great information. Shopping will be first on my to do list...then prep and all else can wait.

Happy Easter
BB

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: April 04, 2010 02:40PM

hi !!!
the key thing in the beginning for a person to know is that all the nutrition you need is right there waiting for you in veggies fruits seeds nuts.in that order.
GREENS are the human superfood. You cannot become the person you dream of very easily without greens. Green smoothie is the ultimate way to get raw greens in your body so as to absorb as much of the nutrients as possible. I have been raw since sept of last year, and i feel amazing. I have lost about 125 pounds !!! I feel strong and light.
Salad is your best friend.
fruit is your sidekick.
green smoothie is IMPORTANT! water, fruit, greens(dont put so many in that it tastes nasty.)
the key is to make it taste good first. then as you get used to things, your palette changes and you will love things you never thought you could.
Less than a year ago i did the 72 oz steak challenge, in under 1 hour, in amarillo texas. Now i eat kale salad instead of chicken salad and i am up to 30 sit ups and 130 jumping jacks.

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables