Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Cypher_X's Raw Diary
Posted by: Cypher_X ()
Date: August 23, 2006 10:31PM

I am beginning my Raw Journey tomorrow. No more putting it off. I was raw for a week before a eating a piece of fried chicken derailed me. I've been eating non-raw since then. As of tomorrow:

no more soda
no more junk food
no more coffee
no more artificial sweeteners
no sparkling water
no meat
no fast food
no cheese
no dairy products
no candy
NO MORE COOKED FOOD!

I feel so much better eating fruit than I do eating cooked rice or flesh foods. It won't be easy. Temptation is all around me. My roommate is a hardcore meat-and-potatoes guy. My boyfriend is the same. Hopefully my bf will at least cut down the meat consumption and eat more fruits and vegetables. If not, then that's OK. I care for him regardless of what he eats.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cypher_X's Raw Diary
Date: August 24, 2006 09:29PM

Just got back from the supermarket. I ate my very first Raw meal: 3 bananas and half a coconut. It's mot much, but I wasn't very hungry today. I had two oranges in the early afternoon. I didn't drink any water because I didn't have the stomach for it. When I go to work, I'll buy some bottled water and drink from that. I didn't get everything on my list because I didn't have my shopping cart. Next month, I'll be heading to a Raw Meetup in Baldwin, NY. Can't wait to mingle with fellow raw foodists!

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: August 24, 2006 11:26PM

Best wishes! Nice to have you here.

Date: August 29, 2006 05:49AM

Starting from scratch next month. I will ease myself to being 100% raw. Unfortunately, I've fallen on hard times, and I will not be able to buy a lot of the raw foods that I need. I will try to eat as much raw foods as possible on my current budget.

I will continue to make fresh juice and keeping my consumption of SAD foods down to a minimun.

My current job has reduced my hours and I am suffering financially because of it. My roommate will not help me nor my mother(whom I suspect stole money from me). I know that eating Raw is the best way to feel healthy. I felt so good eating lots of fruits and veggies. I'm looking for odd jobs to do so I can survive.

Once I start earning money with my new job, I'm kissing the supermarket cashier job GOODBYE for GOOD. The low pay isn't worth sticking around for.

Date: December 25, 2006 05:30AM

It's been awhile since I last posted. I fell off the wagon and it's been a hard trip back on. My finances are worse now, than they were when I last posted. I'm not with my job anymore. It was impossible to eat Raw without any money.

I'm currently living with my mom, and she refuses to buy any raw foods. I've been eating SAD because there's nothing else. I plan on applying for Food Stamps after the holidays. Only then will I be able to dedicate myself 100% to Raw.

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: December 26, 2006 11:00PM

hey Cypher. eating raw is taking me to the bank, too. i need to learn how to weigh my grapes. I bought a bag of grapes and I almost cried when i saw the register, register $$$$$ DOUGH!smiling smiley good luck.

Posted by: pikt ()
Date: December 29, 2006 07:34AM

big expense and no money are some reasons why i am having a simularly hard time w/the raw thing too. and my husband is a on the worst SAD diet ever, doesn't make it easy.oh yeah,i'm on food stamps.barely survivin'. wish you the absolut best ever. somthtiong great is coming your way

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 06, 2007 04:24PM

MY HUBBY TOO-SAD! BUT I GO TO THIS FRUIT STAND WHERE IT IS ALL CHEAP.LIKE APPLES FOR JUICING ARE 39 CENTS A POUND.MY DAUGHTER WILL NOT EAT THESE APPLES CAUSE THEY ARE NOT STORE PERFECT LOOKING.I JUST STARTING BEING A RAW FOODIST THIS WEEK AND I HAVE GOTTEN HUBBY TO TRY SOME SMOOTHIES AND HE ACTUALLY LIKED THEM AND HAD ONE WITH HIS DINNER.IT IS HARD TO GET HIM TO TRY STUFF. I AM GENTLY INTRODUCING HIM TO THINGS I LEARN...AT LEAST IT WILL HELP IMPROVE HIS HEALTH,EVEN IF HE DOES NOT EMBRACE THIS LIFESTYLE.I KNWO-THE MONEY THING-IT IS LIKE I GOT A BUNCH OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES AND THEY ARE SO COSTLY.THEN I WENT TO THIS BOBS RED FOOD MILL WHERE THEY HAVE EVERYTHING U COULD NEED...BUT I DID NOT MAKE A LIST AND IT WAS ALL OVERWHELMING.SO I AM FOR NOW STICKING TO SIMPLE. I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE WRITE OUT THERE DAILY MENU'S.IT GIVES ME A CHANCE TO SEE WHAT I CAN DO.I WAS THINKING TOO ABOUT WHAT U SAID CYPHER-OF HAVING TO GO EASY ON YOUR FOOD SUPPLIES CAUSE OF LACK OF FUNDS FOR A WHILE.I WAS THINKING-THIS MAY BE THE DAYS I FAST OR GO EASY ON NOT EATING -I HAVE WHEAT BERRIES SOAKING TO MAKE BREAD-A LONG PROCESS-I THOUGHT WELL...I WILL JUST JUICE TILL I GET OSME THINGS GOING.I HAVE YAM CHIPS DRYING AND THE BERRIES SOAKING.SO I CNA EVENTUALLY MAKE A RAW FOOD ENTREE.OR HAVE BREAD WITH SOME CASHEW BUTTER.ITS HARD BUT INTERESTING.MY WHOLE FAMILY SMOKES AND IS ON A SAD DIET AND THE LITTLE GRANDSONS EAT FAST FOODS EVERY DAY.THANKS FOR POSTING ALL OF THIS INFO.

Date: February 01, 2007 06:08AM

It's been a while since I last posted. I got locked out of my account, but thats fine now.

Date: February 01, 2007 06:22AM

I am eating Raw again, but not 100%. I had a financial which is not as bad as it was when I last posted. I've been approved for Food Stamps (will be getting $155 a month). I won't be getting much, but it's better than nothing.

Date: February 01, 2007 11:28PM

Today I had:

carrot/kiwi/ginger/apple juice and carrot/kiwi/ginger/apple/kale juice. I know it sounds like a lot to drink in one day, but that's what keeps me full during the day. It took me about 5 minutes just to filter the juice.

I have a Jack LaLanne Power Juiver and I use the round filter thingy (can't remember the exact name for it) to get the frothy stuff that rises to the top. Since my juice was very thick, it took much longer.

Date: February 02, 2007 05:15PM

I ate my very first carambola (star fruit). It has a very unique taste, and lots of juice. I did a Wikipedia search on it and found out that the star fruit is loaded with Vitamin C. I bought it for $1.50 at ShopRite of Bay Shore, LI. Normally, I would go to my "local" King Kullen (also in Bay Shore)...but my roommate wanted to get cat food...so I decided to go with him (needed more organic produce)

I did eat some cooked food...I am still in transition....my finances are back to normal..I need to work my way back to 100%...or at least 95%. I'm not ready for 100% right now...but I'm sure I will be before the end of this year....

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 03, 2007 02:55AM

Glad to see you back posting on your diary. I love reading others..I learn so much, and it helps me to know I'm not the only one struggling.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 03, 2007 03:49AM

me too!!! taylor

Date: March 27, 2007 01:26AM

It's been a while since I last posted....I am easing myself back to raw. I've been eating very little raw. I let the cravings for cooked food and animal take over. I feel so horrible health-wise.

All of my previous issues came back with a vengeance. April is a new start...no more meat. Time for me to read Diet for a New America...to remind myself once again why I became Raw in the first place

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 27, 2007 04:14AM

hey there congrats on your raw start again!! keep up the good work and good luck
love sachelle
xooxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 28, 2007 02:43AM

In less than two weeks, I've been in the emergency room...once for severe dehydration and just today...for a mouth/tooth infection. I was put on a combination painkiller (Vicodin/Acetaminophen) and antibiotics.

SAD does NOT do a body good. I feel horrible and sick. I live with a meat-eater and the temptation for cooked foods took me over, like I was possessed. Remind me to stay away from anything isn't fresh or whose name I can't pronounce.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 28, 2007 04:29AM

Hey there...sorry you are having a tough 2 weeks that is rough goig to the ER....well at least you are getting through it you know?? i am happy for you attempting the raw journey again!!! i am here for support if you need it!!!
keep on keepin on with the raw and don't eat anything that isn't fresh and you can't pronounce smiling smiley
take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 16, 2007 12:40AM

hey there...how is life going?? how are things for you?? i hope that you are doing well and smiling!!! take care of you hen worry about other things.....i am here for ya if you need support...take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
aka sach

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 20, 2007 07:29PM

I'm doing ok. Ate more SAD...and promptly got ill. Even Snapple and Green Tea drinks make me nauseous. I try to eat as much raw foods as possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2007 07:32PM by Cypher_X.

Date: April 21, 2007 03:11AM

hi there..yay for coming back and letting us know how you are doing!! keep up the hard work and keep trying...don't let some cooked get you down...that is all part of transition!!! so keep at it and don't fret!!! you will be okay...take care...
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 21, 2007 06:09AM

My weakness is Avocado Rolls and Vegetable Rolls. They are SOOO good...but still cooked. If I could find a raw version of them, I'd be real happy!

Date: April 21, 2007 05:18PM

hi there do you mean like nori rolls??? like veggies and avo in the seaweed??? if you do then that is easy they sell raw nori that tastes the same...just get out the veggies and avo prepare them however you want to put them in the roll and roll them up in the seaweed and enjoy......you can also use cauliflower in a food processor till rice like consistancy and use it as the rice...it will even stick together some...so this is a fun fast raw version!! dip them in nama shoyu or braggs with wasabi powder or dry mustard tastes like it as well!!!
good luck hun
hvae a great day
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 21, 2007 05:29PM

Yeah, nori rolls.

I've heard about using cauliflower in place of the sushi rice. I was thinking about soaking sushi rice and seeing how it comes out.

Date: April 21, 2007 05:35PM

the only rice you can soak and eat that is considered both safe and raw is wild grain rice...because in soaking it and sprouting it it actually becomes not a starch....so that is something good to know...so maybe you could soak and sprout that....other rice is not recommended because if i remember correctly it is unsafe to be eaten....same as with a few other things...so i don't suggest it but hey to each his own.....good luck...but try to stick with cauliflower haah
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 21, 2007 09:57PM

I just came from the mall. Within, theres a supermarket and a Target that I go to often. I had no idea that Target sold smoothie kits (complete with frozen fruit). The smoothie powder does contain casein (I throw that out).

I also purchased nearly a pound of Medjool dates. I don't get them often because of the price ($7.99/lb). But they're really tasty and not super-sweet.

Next week, I'll be taking Alissa Cohen's Raw Food Chef Certification (Level 1). After I'm a certified chef, I'll start fixing delicious raw foods for others (or maybe work in a restaurant).

Date: April 21, 2007 10:10PM

hey there...that is cool you got some smoothie kits where did you find them in target that is awesome i would love to suggest to my mom!!! well hun take care of you and keep up the good work!!!
good luck with the classes that is awesome!!
keep it up!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Date: April 22, 2007 03:25PM

I found the smoothie kits in the grocery section, where the refrigerated foods are. That and the frozen veggies are the only things that they have raw. My locak King Kullen has frozen fruits...but they're too expensive. Usually I go to Pathmark to get my smoothie ingredients.

Date: April 22, 2007 11:30PM

hmm they don't have those things here which is too bad cuz i would love to have checked it out haha...hmm oh well lol......well that is cool they have frozen veggies in case of emergency too huh? that is something i wish my target carried haha.....well keep up the good luck and take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 23, 2007 04:02PM

I just made myself some organic apple/carrot/ginger juice. Today is Day 1 of a 5 day fast (water and juice). I will end my fast right before I leave for my raw chef certification class.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables