Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Cypher_X's Raw Diary
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 23, 2007 05:28PM

hey there...yay you for doing a juice fast that is awesome!!! i wish you all the luck and hope you do really well!!! i am oging to start a juice fast when i get my juicer it is taking forever smiling smiley....well take care of yourself and good luck on day 1...you can do it..we are here!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cypher_X ()
Date: April 29, 2007 02:00PM

I am now a certified Raw Vegan Chef.

I took Alissa Cohen's Level 1 Chef Certification yesterday. There was only one other participant there. The woman was right when she said the class would be kept very small.

I learned a lot about the different appliances I can use and the wonderful yummy foods I cam make for others.

My next move is to find employment. With Raw, the possibilities are endless!

Date: April 30, 2007 02:31AM

Hey there congrats!!!! yay you for finishing the class and doing so well..i bet you are on cloud 9 huh? awesome...i hope you find a wonderful job with the raw certificate!!!
take care hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 30, 2007 06:49PM

My friend J will be assisting me (financially). I asked him for help...and he said yes.

I'll need a dehydrator and a good food processor. My landlord has one...but won't let anyone use it (including myself). It has been sitting unused for nearly 2 years (kept on saying he needs to properly set it up).

I don't want it, anyway. First of all,there's no thermostat (just an on/off switch). Which means that I don't know how hot the contents will get.

Date: April 30, 2007 06:58PM

Hey there...yay you for doing so well and getting out there asking for help and of course receiving it!!!! get yourself a good processor and dehydrator and get started...i amm sure you will be very successful!! good luck hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: November 03, 2007 02:12PM

It's been a while since I last posted.

I will admit that I wasn't 1oo% raw. Financial woes set me back quite a bit.

But now I'm back on track.

I have a "new" blender and food processor.

After reading Victoria Boutenko's book "Green for Life", I started making green smoothie on a daily basis.

I have photos of my green concoction on my blog.

Coconut Oil
Date: November 11, 2007 12:59PM

Yesterday, I bought 29oz of Nutiva Extra-Virgin Cococnut Oil (which is raw and unrefined).

I used to buy it from BotanicalExpo.com, but found it for cheaper at my local Vitamin Shoppe.

I used to pay $15.50 for a 16 oz container of oil (S&H included)

I paid $14.99 at my Vitamin Shoppe store (in person, no S&H)

If I had've bought the 29oz from BotanicalExpo, I would've paid over $20 plus shipping and handling.

I've been without coconut oil ever since July. I needed some for oil pulling and my skin.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 11, 2007 06:35PM

Cypher_X,

Welcome back to the forums! And congrats on getting back to raw. Has your difficulty in staying raw been strictly financial, or has there been cravings or health issues that have taken you back to cooked foods. What I have found for myself if that when I was eating a high fat raw diet, I was always going backed to cooked, especially things like pasta and bread. What really helped me was getting away from all the fats.

Date: November 16, 2007 11:13PM

It was a combination of finances and cravings.

Financially, I've been struggling to get by. And I didn;t have enough money to buy everything raw. So I went back to cooked.

The cravings were (and still are) strong. I've managed not to eat meat for nearly 3 months...but I still have a long way to go before I fully conquer my cravings.

Date: December 27, 2007 12:53PM

I've been sick with conjunctivitis and a lung infection, so I haven't been able to update my blog like I should.

Until my finances are in order, I will eat mostly vegan and as much raw food as I possibly can afford. This years was very tough for me financially.

I hope that the New Year brings me better luck.

Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: December 29, 2007 02:22AM

It's good to see you here again, and I hope that you are feeling much better - sorry to hear that you were so ill!

All you can do is the best that you can at this time, so do what you can, be gentle with yourself, and don't feel guilty about what you cannot do; focus on what you can, and do that to the best of your ability. The rest will fall into place.

I'll be rooting for you too!

All the very best...

Date: November 01, 2011 12:12AM

It's been a LONG time since I posted in my Diary. I've since fallen off the raw food path.

I plan on working my way up to 100% raw vegan. I've gained over 90 lbs and that is NOT healthy.

I'm sedentary and I need to be more active in order to lose the excess weight.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 01, 2011 08:00PM

Hi Cypher..welcome back. Your journey to raw is a lot like mine, off and on..off and on.

In the past though I've been able to afford most anything I've required or wanted on the raw foods diet. I've learned that my most important things to have are my blender and then my juicer. I could give up the juicer because I use my blender so much more. Now being retired due to disability from an environmental issue I am having a difficult time budgeting for adequate supply of all fresh produce, nuts, seeds, and dates.

I've regained the weight back I lost when I first went raw. It took my a few years though to gain it back. A lot of the health benefits I got by being mostly high raw are still with me, probably because I never did fully go back to the way I used to eat before raw.

Well..we can certainty keep trying. Sometimes I get so fired up that I clean out my fridge and cupboards..buy all raw and can sustain it for a week or two. But then for whatever reason I blow it.

Good luck once again, and never give up trying.

Love,
Prism

Date: December 06, 2011 12:34AM

To start off my healthy eating, I went to the supermarket and bought the following items:

Romaine Lettuce

Plum Tomatoes

Mixed Peppers (green, yellow and red)

Cucumbers

I made a salad with these ingredients. The salad should last at least 2 days.

I also need to drink more water. I haven't been drinking enough water and the last thing I need is to end up in the emergency room because of severe dehydration (which happened to me 4 years ago).

Date: December 06, 2011 04:16PM

I'm glad to see you are trying again. That's what we can do..never give up. Looks like you enjoy eating veggies a lot more than fruits. I haven't read all your posts here so you may have stated your preference already.

I have to have sugar..as in fruit. I do have my green smoothie drinks though and in that way I get my required greens.

Love,
Prism

Date: December 09, 2011 12:00AM

I went to the doctor today and got weighed. My current weight is 290 lbs. I definitely need to lose weight. Being 290 lbs is VERY unhealthy.

I am morbidly obese and I must to do something about it before it's too late.

I will cut out all junk food and sweets. I will gradually work my way up to 100% raw. I need to eat more fruits and veggies. Also, I need to drink more water and exercise for at least 30 minutes a day.

I'll start writing down what I eat everyday, to keep track of what I'm eating.

My goal weight is 180 lbs. I have over 100 lbs to lose. I felt healthier at 180 lbs. I do not feel healthy at my current weight.

I'll keep everyone updated on my progress.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 09, 2011 05:56AM

try not to focus on cutting things out , more than adding things in

add in fruits, veggies and good healthy food
add in exercise
add in clean water
add in a pat on the back everyday smiling smiley

the other stuff will get pushed out the more you add in smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: December 09, 2011 01:50PM

Welcome back! Jodi is right on. That's the way to do it. Eventually, the old habits will be replaced by the new ones. The important thing is you're back on track with a great support group. This works if you work it. So keep coming back and give us updates. We would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Mona
[labuscadora801.blogspot.com]

The distance is nothing; it is only the first step toward it that is difficult.

Date: December 09, 2011 04:05PM

I have to agree about adding in the healthier stuff and not depriving yourself when starting out. Not many people do well going raw all at once, but some find it's the only way for them.

I find having some daily protocols help with getting thru the day easier. When you are busy trying to fit in a cup of green juice/smoothie 1-3x a day, and eating some of that extra fruit, drinking psyllium husk drinks, taking healing soaking baths (bragg acv, peroxide, Epsom salt, or iodine etc.) really gets me thru.

We'll support each other.

Love,
Prism

Date: December 15, 2011 12:59AM

I definitely need to drink more water. Sometimes I drink only 3 cups of water a day. Nearly ten years ago, I used to drink 1 gallon of water a day.

A few days ago, I made myself a salad consisting of:

Romaine Lettuce
Cucumbers
Tomatoes

I included a picture of the salad below:

Date: December 15, 2011 01:53AM

I also forgot to add that I used green and red peppers in the salad.

Starting January 1st, 2012: I will no longer drink soda pop or eat junk food. I will gradually work my way up to 100% raw.

I know that eating healthy and exercising on a regular basis will help me achieve my goal of losing 105 lbs.

It will be really hard for me to stop drinking soda and eating animal products (they're very addictive).

I'll keep everyone updated on my progress.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 15, 2011 07:44AM

is there a kind of soda you enjoy more than otheres? there is some raw vegan recipies for soda-tasting juices that might help smiling smiley

let me know and i will dig it up for you smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 15, 2011 03:51PM

I was thinking along the same lines Jodi. Club soda (check sodium content) may be a good alternative to use for awhile. You can add lemon, orange or lime to it also.

I always like a fresh start and the New Year is a great time to do that. Good luck Cypher! Looking forward to more of your progress.

Love,
Prism

Date: December 31, 2011 01:14AM

I am looking forward to the New Year. Two of my New Year's resolutions is to eat healthier and exercise more. I plan on exercising at least 30 minutes day and work my way up to an hour of exercise everyday.

I also plan to gradually cut out all animal products in the New Year. Being healthy is very important to me.

I know that losing the excess weight will be a lot more healthier for me. I'll feel so much better when I lose 105 lbs.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Date: February 24, 2012 03:53AM

I am now soda free and loving it! My plan is to gradually work my way to 100% raw. I weighed myself recently and my weight is 292 lbs (which I'm not to happy about_

I'm working my way up to 8 cups of water a day. Currently I'm drinking only 3 cups of water a day (and that's not enough for me).

I have to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week. To remind myself to exercise, I will write it down.

I put together a shopping list for next month and I'm sticking to a tight budget. No more junk food, soda, and sugar. I won't even buy sugar substitutes.

I will keep everyone updated on my progress.

Date: March 01, 2012 02:41AM

Yesterday, I got weighed at the doctor. I weigh 277 lbs. I have nearly 100 lbs more to lose before I reach my goal weight.

I felt healthier at 180 lbs than I do now (at 277 lbs). When I was 180 lbs, I could wear high heel shoes without my ankles and feet hurting.

The lowest weight I've been was 155 and that was when I was in my junior year if high school.

I don't have a blender yet, and I'll be buying one soon. I miss making green smoothies.

I'll also be writing everything that I eat in a food journal (so I can keep track of what I eat).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 02:43AM by Cypher_X.

Posted by: deragoku ()
Date: May 02, 2012 01:28AM

To keep up the hard work and keep trying ... do not let some cooked let you down ... this is all part of the transition. So keep it, do not worry! ! You will get better.

Car DVD Players

Date: December 12, 2012 03:20PM

Starting January 1st, 2013, I will slowly transition myself to raw. I tried going cold turkey and it didn't work for me.

I've gained even more weight since my last post and I know that isn't good.

I have over 100 lbs to lose to reach my goal weight of 180 lbs. When I was 180 lbs, I was healthier and I was able to wear high heels without pain.

I'll post my January 2013 shopping list before the end of December.

Date: December 29, 2012 06:07PM

Here's my shopping list for January 2013:

Apples
Bananas
Pears
Broccoli
Carrots
Romaine Lettuce
Oranges
raw coconut oil
cayenne pepper
tomatoes
avocados
spinach
beets
additional spices
almond butter
celery

Im keeping it simple.

Date: April 06, 2013 03:34AM

Today is my first day of being 100% raw vegan. For lunch and dinner, I had watermelon, canteloupe and bananas.

Plus, I had a cup of freshly juiced carrot juice. So far I feel great. I go to the doctor net Wednesday to check out my weight.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables