Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lisa's story
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 28, 2010 02:52AM

...........so I will begin this blog with a hope. A hope of discovering all I can be. My goal is to find my muscles under my flab....and find my better body & mind in the process.

8 months ago, I wrote the following in someone else's post:

{My "success story" at 5'9" so far is this: 2004, at 327 lbs (very cooked)....fast forward to 2007, at 275 (very cooked still but exercising)...from 2007-Aug 2009, at 260(cooked dieting). From Sept. 2009 til Nov 2009: 239 - RAW RAW RAW baby! Only downhill from here. Goal is somewhere normal, and to feel soooo good living raw! I have found happiness in this lifestyle. It's saving my life. Thanks for reading.}

Weeeelllll.....fast forward a bit. Over an 7 month period until mid June, I slowly crept up to 271 lbs. 271??????? Lack of exercise, work problems (60-65 hr weeks), and other crap made me distracted.

Sick, huh.

Ok, so fast forward some more - specifically to today, August 27, 2010: I went back to what I did well... RAW eating. I am down to..........drum roll.....................

244 lbs. smiling smiley

I figured I can come on here a day or two a week and post my trials and journey. Bore you guys to tears. And hopefully lean on some of you for a little cheer of support here and there. smiling smiley My official goal is: 169 lbs.

So, here I go....my first post. Today I had a California roll (easy rice) because I felt like bingeing out. I need to exercise in the morning.

Ok, that's enough for today smiling smiley Have a happy day, everyone!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lisa's story
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: August 28, 2010 03:26AM

Lisa,

Not boring at all. No tears here either! Only admiration.

I admire you for resolving to try again. Everyone has struggles, but not everyone is willing to put effort into doing things differently.

You go, girl!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 28, 2010 03:43AM

you can do it LIsa smiling smiley

has your work hours cut back enough now that you can find time to work out?

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: September 30, 2010 07:54PM

I feel getting your mind set to do it is half the battle. smiling smiley sounds like if things slow down a bit you will work it out.
blessings

Date: January 11, 2011 11:33PM

Hi guys! smiling smiley My work hours finally returned to a normal 40 hour work week.

Soooooo the last few months I have eaten nothing but CRAP! LOL. I feel awful. Horrible. I don't know why but I have this overwhelming sense of fear, too. :s Fear to try to start all this again - fear of not letting myself get on this new routine. Fear of failing. I dunno. It's hard for me to try to explain at the moment, but I really feel scared.

Oh well......time to try to restart my life. Things have been getting in the way SO bad the last few months, but everything is halfway normal now. I'm in a new condo, got things on track at work, and my man is on the way to accomplishing some of his goals so our relationship has improved dramatically. I think I'm at the same weight, but I don't dare get on the scale right now. I don't want to discourage myself.

So over 4 months later, I'm ready to regroup and break out my blender & juicer this evening. In between laundry loads tonight, I'll map out a 30 day meal course of raw & juicing and just get to it. Git er dun.

This Friday or Saturday I'll do a new post. I think I'll try to do one once every week for a healthy update. Thanks for reading smiling smiley

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: January 12, 2011 11:20AM

Hey there Lisa, you can do eeettt!!

There's nothing to fear really specially with raw food, none of the food bites, so really fear itself is the scary thing! smiling smiley

I'm sure with your enthusiasm you'll jump right back in and do hand to hand combat with your reservations!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 18, 2011 05:49AM

hey Lisa i cant tell you how many times ive fallen off the fruit cart smiling smiley you cant fail if you dont try and even on the way to an epic fail you will be doing great things for your body smiling smiley

dont be discouraged .. just start adding some fresh fruit and veggies and seeds and nuts every day and go from there smiling smiley its a journey not a racesmiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Februarygirl ()
Date: February 09, 2011 04:08AM

Your story is inspiring Lisa. How are you? You mentioned fear. Is it li ked to sugar or nasty foods? It could be chemical and once you move forward it will subside.

februarygirl

Date: February 09, 2011 05:54AM

I also fall off the fruit cart from time to time. One of the best things about raw to me is that 24 hours is all I need to feel GREAT again. If youre unfulfilled by your choices, give it 24 hours of good choices, and youre back in the game, feeling like your body is back to healing mode, where it wants to be.

I remember doing Atkins dieting, and if you fall off that wagon, that's a 2 or 3 day journey back onto the wagon.

This is not a diet. It's common sense. It's so awesome.

There is a probable-you branch that eats SAD intermittently forever. And there is a probable-you branch that goes RAW.

The SAD you is calling to you from your future, saying "Don't end up here, man. This sucks!"

The RAW you is calling to you from your future saying, "Woohoo! This is the most rockinest happiness I've ever felt, and I feel it all the time!!! Come join the party!"

So when you know you need RAW, you are illuminated, and your paths are illuminated, it becomes clear what you are interested in doing, right?

Future-Raw-ist, you are going to positively LOVE your life from now on, it is the biggest blessing one can have to know about the power of Raw foods.

If it's an inevitability for you to be raw because you know what your choice of future is, then it really doesnt matter how long it takes to transition at all. Your *direction* is what counts, and your *intent*. Where you invest your energy, you will reap a harvest.

Imagine that your highest and most supreme aspect of Self gets told by the Angels (or whoever) that you are going to be getting a BIG, AWESOME surprise that you will just LOVE, and be super EXCITED about.

Imagine that your supreme aspect of self gets this news, and that generates in your Selfhood a feeling of JOY.

As that feeling of joy, and the sense of impending excitement translates into your body, it becomes ANTICIPATION. Like a kid waiting for Disneyland to happen. OH BOY says your body. And it anticipates lots of exciting and stimulating things that will happen to it.

Now imagine that your egoic, mentally-oriented Self, your good ol' self, begins to sense this new anticipation spreading inside your body.
What are you anticipating? You don't know yet, because your good ol' self is the last to find out about the surprise thats coming to you.
Since you dont know waht you feel anticipatory about, your mind fills in the blanks.

Something's coming...

What's coming is good, but since you dont know that, you can easily interpret your body's excitement and anticipation as ANXIETY.

And voila! you have fear, created over a misinterpretation of developing future events that you are not yet aware of.

The root of the fear is not a fear of happiness, or a fear of success, or even a fear of having to adapt to changing circumstances. Lots of changes in our lives are welcome. The fear is a basic fear of being in the position of always NOT KNOWING what's coming next. Will it be good or bad? We must be prepared!

It can be very scary not knowing what's going to happen next in life. But you can't get surprises and new fascinations and excitement and new branches of possibility and growth without that sense of being blind to the future.

Those little butterflies, and that feeling that youre light years away from who you REALLY are, and that theres something you should be doing, that doesnt necessarily have to be anxiety or fear. It could be REAL excitement coming on...

Thank you for allowing me to share!
Namaste

Sue

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables