Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ok, so I'm new...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 30, 2010 02:04AM

Well, I don't really want to make this sound as if I am at an AA meeting or something. But, I have been know for years as being as an excellent "cook" and " baker" in my family & neighborhood. People love my breads, pies, and especially my soups.
I started going semi-raw for awhile. But, 2 weeks ago, I jumped in with both feet, going over 90 % raw. I do have a Jersey cow, so I am drinking raw milk smoothies. I make raw butter, cheese, and yougurt. Although, I really don't eat much of that, I make a ton. My family only really consumes some raw fruit, a few veggies, and all raw dairy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ok, so I'm new...
Date: September 30, 2010 02:37AM

I have a few health issues, besides being overweight by about 30-35 lbs, I have polycystic ovary sydrome.I also have some joint pain left over from a bout with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. My blood pressure is very chol. are all normal. I am how wever wanting to do some detoxing, weight loss, and enhance my overall well being.
If anyone has any advice to offer I am up for some advice smiling smiley

Date: September 30, 2010 08:13PM

~Sorry about my horrible typing job last night, the keys were sticking...

I don't want to bore y'all but, I think this may help a bit, writing on here.
I'm not going raw just because I want to lose weight, but that is something I have in mind also. As of right now I am 160. My goal is about 125. I don't think I want to go any lower than that. When I started 90% raw I was 172. I think the weight is doing good. As for my health, I am seeing some major changes. The first week I was very tired, and achy, which I attributed to dextoxing. Now, I am feeling good, with more energy. I still crave chocolate, and it's that time for craving. So, I am having the raw cocoa with some raw honey smoothies.
Last night, after excersising, I did a Calcium Bentonite Clay foot bath to help with the detoxing, which helped take away some achiness. Does anyone know if the toxins could be settling in my joints, or something? Just a thought.

Today I really did not feel like eating but had, a Banana, choco, hemp smoothie for breakfast. Lunch was some raw sweet tator chips with kelp, and a carrot, and few raw greenbeans. For supper, I had a raw cocoa,raw honey, 1/2 banana, & ice smoothie. I've been sipping on some tea all day, because of the female issues. It was not raw, because there is no sun here today. I made it from red rasberry leaf, alfalfa, cornsilk, green tea, and ground stevia. It seems to be helping. I guess the tea is the only item I did not have raw today, so I'm staying encouraged.
blessings HC

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: October 01, 2010 01:55AM

Hi, hischild,

Welcome!

I read what you've written, but am not sure what advice you are looking for. I'll take some guesses, though.

First, I wonder how many calories you're getting in a day. It seems like it would be very, very low. Have you tried entering what you eat in a day on www.fitday.com? From what you've said I think you will want to add more fruits and leafy green salads.

The raw cacao is your decision. It makes me jittery and I feel better without it. Sometimes making the break from the caffeine takes a while, but my guess is that once you break the addiction, you'll be glad you did.

Also, I remember people telling me that dairy was mucous-producing. It wasn't until I was 100% raw that I had clear sinuses and knew what they meant! You might want to try going without dairy for a while to see if it benefits you.

(Sorry, I don't know anything about toxins and joints.)

And as a final comment, this being a raw vegan site, we don't use (or write about using) honey.

Best wishes for success!

My favorite raw vegan

Date: March 07, 2011 07:50PM

Hi!! I just wanted to let you know that your story sounds very similar to mine. I want to lose 25 pds I am currently 170lbs and 5 feet 7 inches. Loosing weigh is not the reason I decided t go raw, I just feel that at 28 years old, its time I did something good for my body. After so many years of junkfood and processed food, I want o give it life. I have horrible eating habits and have taken eating as a "drug", I emotionally eat and I want to change that. I beleieve going raw will help me combat my bad "eating" habits as well as educate me on food. aI feel fortunate I do not have any illness and I want to continue with good health. However, it is sooo EXTREMELY difficult. Reading your entry has given me courage to continue knowing that there are others who are struggling like I am! Best of luck <3

Date: March 09, 2011 05:20PM

Hi.

I started my raw vegan transition in January; I was a vegetarian for about two years and then went vegan for 8 months before completely going raw. The decision wasn't weight based but I have lost 6 lbs. I'm 5'5 and 104 lbs -- I'm not sure how "healthy" that seems. I do eat a lot of fatty nuts, avocados, and have plenty of fruits. I am 100% raw and would like to remain this way. I just want to gain a few extra pounds before I look a little over anorexic. Any suggestions?

Posted by: trox ()
Date: March 09, 2011 10:56PM

Arianem,

Don't worry about the weight right now. Your body will level out after about a year on raw and should begin to stabilize after 6 months. At least that is what I had previously experience.

I would recommend weight training. Building muscles is a great way to protect bone mass and increase overall weight. smiling smiley

Good luck!
Trox

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables