Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new to raw, these cravings are killing me!
Posted by: witch1000557 ()
Date: April 23, 2011 11:41AM

mmmmm i can just smell the curry my mum is making! i had a green smoothie in the morning made with 1 cup of kale, 2 kiwis and 2 bananas 2 hours ago and i am cravings different sugary fatty, refined food! help me! will this get better as toxins are released, how long will this take? also i don't really feel like having the salads which is part of the detox i am doing, they dont taste good, even if i am really hungry i would rather starve myself than eat them, will i begin to like them? during the detox i cant have any fats or dressing on the salads either! help meee! thank you sooo much! xxx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new to raw, these cravings are killing me!
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: April 23, 2011 10:55PM

When I first started eating raw foods I went almost 100% raw right from the beginning. (Most people take the gradual approach, but jumping in with both feet was right for me.) Anyway, to be sure I succeeded, I "gave myself permission" to eat as much fruit as I wanted. I LOVE FRUIT!!! When I did that I didn't have cravings. I lost weight despite eating lots and lots of fruit (even though weight loss was not my main intention). So my suggestion is to eat salads with veggies, but also to EAT HEAPS OF FRUIT. It is filling and satisfying when you eat enough.

I stayed close to 100% raw for about a year and although I enjoyed its many benefits, I began to have some nutritional concerns and dropped back to about 70 -80% raw and am happy with that now.

It seems that there is not one right way to do raw that works for everyone. Hopefully you'll read, experiment and find the way that works well for you.
Best wishes and good luck!

My favorite raw vegan

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables