Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Excited and Timid; all suggestions welcome!
Posted by: MelinnaMia ()
Date: July 03, 2011 06:29AM

First want to thank Suncloud for all the info. Great stuff, thanks. So, I guess this is a thread? I am waaaaaaaayy behind the times on computer usage. I USED to be really good, but that was over twenty years ago.

I'm already using Bragg's instead of any salt, and not much of that, either. Don't know how soon I'd be able to give up a nice, hot cup of coffee each day, but I guess it'll come if I remember that I'm worth it.

I ate a mostly living food diet growing up in Hawai'i: we had mango trees, avocado trees, papaya plants, coconuts, and a vegetable garden in our yard. The neighbors across the street had nut trees, chinese cherries, lilikoi, and I don't remember what-all else.

I've been on the mainland for over twenty years, but never was able to stay long enough anywhere to figure out what's ripe locally or when. Okay. 'Nuff about all that. I'm spending this next week paring down my kitchen. Donating the microwave and pots and pans, getting rid of sugar, flours, and a lot of very old spices and herbs. It's a beginning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Excited and Timid; all suggestions welcome!
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 03, 2011 06:12PM

Wow Melinna, sounds like you're already doing very well - and you're serious!

Good for you! There's a reply today from me to you on the other thread.

We are strong, and getting stronger!

smiling smiley

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: July 16, 2011 12:41AM

Welcome, Melinnamia. I live in Panama and I know what you mean about tropical fruit. I love it.

Please keep up updated on your progress. Let us know if you have any questions. We're happy to help.

Peace,

Mona
[labuscadora801.blogspot.com]
[padremickey.blogspot.com]

I never imagined that the greatest achievement of my life would be peace of mind.

Posted by: rawlings ()
Date: July 19, 2011 09:31AM

Hi Mona

Whereabouts in Panama are you?
I'm moving here, and would love to ask your advice, if you have the time on a few things..

Amy Eloise

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables