Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

1st day raw vegan for weight loss & great health.
Posted by: raw artist ()
Date: July 11, 2011 03:33PM

Hello, my name is Deborah & I'm new here. I'm looking forward to all the positive effects I experienced when I was raw vegan once before. Now I'm totally committed to be raw vegan for life. I'm looking for a little support/raw friends. I garden, collect vintage greeting cards, make stained glass, paint roses, make polymer clay roses, & do other types of art. Right now I'm collecting baby shoes, rattles & teething rings for an anti-abortion art display I'm going to do. My weight today is 266.5 & I plan on posting my weight loss once a month as I proceed on my journey to not just good health, but great health!. RAWLION, I am learning from you & other's & I appreciate everyone's posts. Blessings to all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1st day raw vegan for weight loss & great health.
Posted by: Mona ()
Date: July 16, 2011 12:34AM

Welcome, Deborah. I hope you find the community that you are searching for here. There are some wonderful people on this forum. I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences on your new raw food journey. Please keep us posted.

Mona
[labuscadora801.blogspot.com]
[padremickey.blogspot.com]

I never imagined that the greatest achievement of my life would be peace of mind.

Date: July 16, 2011 06:12AM

Thanks Mona, I'm enjoying reading the different topics. Just like some of the others, I'm learning as I go along. Will keep you posted.

Date: July 20, 2011 05:23AM

So I've been slipping up & eating some pretty bad cooked food. I'm not worried though, I'll just switch to having steamed vegetables when I want some hot food. Sometimes just a cup of hot herb tea works. So I'll stick to the fruits, veggies, juices (mostly green), smoothies & other raw foods until my diet is all raw or almost raw. For me, it's not so much a race to the finish line, but that I get there & in a reasonable & healthy way/time.

Date: July 26, 2011 11:15AM

Well, I've actually been craving okra, brussel sprouts & green beans. Keeping the green juices flowing. Starting exercise today. I'll start with 30 minutes & gradually increase the duration & style of exercise as I go along. I'm trying to make exercise a 5 day a week habit.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: September 02, 2011 05:56PM

Hello! Welcome!!!! How are things going?!?! I wanted to tell you that there are many reports and studies from individuals who feel doing 100% for 1 full week gets rod of all cravings and wants! I'm not sure if this is true or not, but it is said that it is harder to transition to 100% from mostly raw and still se cooked then it is to jump in full force!! The same thing I've heard from many who go raw, do really well for a while and then when they fall off, it's harder to go raw again!
I hope you are still doing well and loving your new life! Let us know how you are!

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: September 04, 2011 09:19PM

I've heard that, too, EarthAngel. Haven't tried it for myself though.

I struggled through cravings, too, Raw Artist. It's all in my diary if you want to read about my experience. I think we each handle them a bit differently. My was was to delay, delay, delay until the next meal which I knew was raw. Eventually, the cravings left. Let us know how you handle your cravings. We can learn from it.

All my best,

Mona
[labuscadora801.blogspot.com]

In daily practice, reflect on the benefits of love, compassion and kindness, then reflect on the disadvantages of anger. Such continuous contemplation, the growing appreciation of love, has the effect of reducing our inclination towards hatred and increasing our respect for love. By this means even anger can be diminished.--The Dalai Lama

Date: March 22, 2012 10:43PM

Thanks for your advice earthangel. I'm still juicing & eating raw & still losing weight. My energy level is good, & I'm still using my treadmill daily. Mixing up my forms of exercise because I do get bored easily. I like to pop in a movie dvd while exercising. I've been doing some yard work lately, but the pollen here in Ga is pretty difficult to stand. Wishing you all the best. Peace

Date: April 06, 2012 01:01AM

Thanks Mona. I looked at your diary and I appreciate your honesty & you sharing your helpful tips & experiences with us. I'll have to check back in more often. Your diary has so much to read!! Things are good with me right now, though I am incredibly busy. Also, I am thinking of trying to do a little volunteer work . Maybe just 1 day at a food pantry or something. It would be nice to help out. Take care & blessings to you.

Posted by: Ivi rose ()
Date: April 07, 2012 04:18AM

Hi Raw artist,
I read that your from Georgia. I'm in Augusta, Ga. Good to have someone near that is interested in raw food. I saw you said you are busy and I hope you are doing well.

It's interesting to see that there are more people interested in healthy eating than there used to be. When I first started studying about raw foods and health about 15 years ago it was not mainstream at all, at least not here in Ga., but now there are several people at work that are into green smoothies and eating more fruits and veggies.

This Dr. Oz seems to be making an impact, though I don't know much about him.

I saw some raw okra at the grocery store that looked so delish that I had to get it. I marinated it over night and it was so crispy and good the next day.

Hope I see you around. Take care.

Date: April 09, 2012 12:24AM

Hi lvi rose. It's nice to hear from you. I went to Augusta one time to buy a sulpher crested cockatoo. The area I was in was pretty rural & quiet. Nice place. All is going well here. I think that maybe 1 reason more people are interested in raw food/health, is because the "baby boomers" are feeling the results of the SAD diet. Just my thought on it. How did you marinate your okra? I would like to try that. Do you have space to plant a garden? Okra is very easy to grow. I'm going to the chiropractor this friday. It's been years since I've made an app't, but this guy seems to know what he is doing. He's also into corrective care, not the quick fix that so many other chiro's are doing. See you later. Take care.

Date: April 15, 2012 02:18AM

Hi Deb, how did your chiro visit go? I hope you are doing well. No, I don't have any place to garden. Do you?
I put olive oil, lemon, garlic, cayenne pepper flakes, and some sea salt on the okra and refrigerated overnight. I agree, the baby boomers are feeling the effects of the SAD diet.
Wishing you the very best in your health quest.

Date: April 15, 2012 02:25AM

Deborah, I was just rereading your diary from the beginning and I saw that you are a stained glass artist. One of my hearts desire is to learn staining glass.I don't want to take up too much of your diary space, but I would like to talk about this some more with you.
Much blessing to you.

Date: April 25, 2012 05:40AM

Hi lvi rose, Oh my gosh! To describe my chiro experienc in one word I would have to say painful! That's just the way it is for right now though. As things progress & the muscles get retrained ,it will be less painful. Thanks for the raw okra recipie. Sounds tasty. I'll have to make some. As far as the stained glass, I haven't taken any classes or anything. I just learned from books & youtube. Recently, I've been painting roses (trying to get better) & we are preparing to have a yard sale. Blessings to you & yours. Bye for now.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:22PM

right on ! You are doing great! the key to success is accepting that you have never failed, as this is an ongoing experience. I ate cooked food on and off when I felt weak during my first year a little bit. I just picked myself up, dusted myself off and kept going. The only way I could of failed was if I told myself I failed. I have made it to the place where I don't ever want cooked food again!! Why would I ever want to feel horrible and lethargic again?!

smoothies and juice! good job!

Date: July 27, 2012 10:18PM

Hi, everyone. I'm still mostly raw and I 'm finding it easier to have all raw days now. Yeah!! I just don't seem to crave the steamed vegetables any more. I'm down to eating a meal of that once a week now. Today is the day I have decided to go all raw. This is a big deal to me, as I really didn't feel comfortable when trying 100% raw before. My taste buds have been telling me that all of the cooked food sucks. I've been ejoying lots of melons and cherries lately and saturday I will buy some figs from a neighbor down the road. My husband saw their little sign while he was out. I'm still longing to get on a piece of property and grow our own foods. Wish the housing market was better for sellers. Oh yea, the weight is still comming off easily & what a delicious way to go about it! Wishing a humongously beautiful day to you all!

Date: September 15, 2012 06:51AM

Hi everyone, I'm just popping in for a moment to say the raw foods diet & my exercise is still going well. Also, I have really been feeling a hunger to draw closer to God recently. I've been a christian since I was 11 yrs old but this strong hunger/need/desire to feel the fire of God on me is of such an intensity that I don't really know how to say it. I haven't felt like this before. I'm just sharing because I 'm an honest person. If anyone would like to comment on this, I am open to all & I'll respect your thoughts/beliefs even if they differ from mine. We all have to start some place. Thanks for reading. Peace

Posted by: Rayshak ()
Date: February 19, 2013 12:30AM

Raw Artist,

What a personal thing to admit about your spiritual walk and I'm surprised more people haven't commented. I wish I felt that strong yearning you described in September because the times I have felt it, it's a powerful and humbling feeling. I hope you are continuing your walk with God and drawing closer and closer to His warmth and love

Ray

Posted by: RaysofLight ()
Date: March 04, 2013 08:26PM

So Powerful, how wonderful, stay strong and focused!
We are intended to be healthy, lean and strong. Our body is intended to heal itself naturally. That's what happens when we eat living and raw foods and juices!
Juicing is the easiest way to provide yourself with a high level of quality nutrition. Fresh juice requires minimal digestion, so all its nutritional goodness is assimilated quickly. When you juice, you actually have more fruits and vegetables than you could actually eat. You're drinking NuDe (NUtrient DEnse) amounts of vitamins and minerals.
So to sum everything up...Living and Raw Foods and Juices will deliver more that you could imagine! They nourish, heal, rebuild, repair, satiate, balance and energize! This is one reason why weight just falls off. Every cell in your body gets the properly combine nutrients so they have everything they need!
Get your plant food going in your body today!
Please, join us, we start our 2 NuDe Reset Revolution Juicing Programs this coming Thursday, March 7, 2013!
Learn more at the following links and Sign Up through paypal.
[www.livingfoodvillage.com] (Beginner/Intermediate)
[www.livingfoodvillage.com] (Intermediate/Advance)
Recent Testimonials:
***Rich writes, "I did your 10 day reset and extended it for 8 more. I lost lost over 21lbs. and it's still off."
***"Kelly,
I just wanted to give you a update on my progress. Last Feb. when I started my first 10 day Juicing I weighed 294 lbs. Since then I have done it two more times, once in June and once in Oct.. The first time I lost 17 lbs. that gave me the energy to start running and working out.
Now get this!!!
I now weigh 236 Lbs. and feel great..
I credit the weight loss to the 10 day juice program because If I never did that I would have never got started. Thanks again for the GREAT start I got from your program..
I will keep in touch and thanks again,
Mike K
Kansas City Missouri."
***This email comes from one of our past participants...she has come a long way from the time she first wrote me! She embraced living and raw foods and truly is focused on her optimal health and well being-Way to go Joni!!!...
***I am doing it already as I've done it before with you. Day 4, feeling GREAT & dropped a few pounds. Love how easily it melts off & stays off with this plan. My primary motivation is optimum health-- the weight loss is an extra motivator. From last January when I started with Kelly to this January, I am a solid 15 pounds lighter.
THESE ARE REAL RESULTS:
Some of our last NuDe Juices Feast results: "19 pounds lost", "16 pounds lost", "14 pounds lost","12 pounds lost", "Healthy Normal Blood Pressure"-high blood pressure gone, "Achy Feeling in Body went away", "Clearer Thoughts", "Increased Energy", "Better Focus", "Best Sleep Ever", "Increased Positiveness", "Clearer Skin", "Glowing"-So Many People were told they looked younger and great! What a HUGE accomplishment in just 17 Days!

Balancing Mind, Body and Spirit with Love, Light and Health,
Kelly Vaccarelli
www.LivingFoodVillage.com
www.facebook.com/livingrawfoodvillage

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables