Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help with my first detox please?
Posted by: Pixie0214 ()
Date: August 13, 2011 12:05PM

I just started my first detox experience (I'm doing the Standard Process 21 day clense). Basically having 3 protein/fiber smoothies with eating plenty of veggies and fruits (twice the veggies as fruits) and taking the SP Clense supplement that came with the program.Drinking LOTS of water. Here's what's happening:

Day 1. Went fine but was quite bloated and tired at end of the day.
Day 2. Had a headache most of the day and went to bed with one.
Day 3. Just woke up with headache.

I was anticipating the headaches and also spending a bit of time in the bathroom 'clensing' out the insides....this second part is not yet happening and there are no signs of it so far.

I plan to just hang in there through the weekend and will talk to my chriopractor on Monday, however am looking to see if this is 'normal' through the eyes of others who have been through this.

Constipated? Seriously, how is this possible? I wasn't BEFORE I started this....will the 'dam break' so to speak or will I need to alter my intake to make this thing work?

Any advise is appreciated!

Re: Help with my first detox please?
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: September 02, 2011 06:03PM

Hello!!!! Yay! A 21 detox is great!!!! How many times a day did you have a bm before the detox? Most people don't think they are constipated, but your body should have at least 3 BM a day!!! It's the healthiest and shows your body is working properly!!! The supplement you are taking does it have added pyslium or any other bulking agents?! With all the fiber and the complete raw natural way you are eating, you can cleanse and detox without the supplement just fine!! How much water are you drinking? It's recommended to drink AT LEAST half your body weight in ounces or more! Plus if you are taking some sort of bulk forming agent for a colon cleanse, you really have to increase your water intake more!! If you don't have enough water, all the fiber forms in your colon and hardens without the water to keep it moist so that it slips through the colon and out the rectum! This is all I can thong of for your issue, but I hope it is resolved already! smiling smiley how are you feeling?!?! Probably crummy, but don't worry you will see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak! Good luck!!

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables