Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

blood sugar lulls
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 29, 2006 03:02AM

Hi everyone. I have been trying to go 100% raw for several months now. I do fine in the morning, afternoon and evening with green smoothies, nuts, fruits, different vegetables, sea vegetables, etc. My problem comes in the late afternoon or late evening when my blood sugar seems to drop. I end up having to eat soy burgers or organic meat to stabelize. That, in turn, causes me to want to eat other things - like sugar, complex carbs, etc. It is especially worse around my cycle. I don't have diabetes, but I do have to lose weight. I have some adrenal exhaustion and high cortisol levels, which are coming down. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can eat that is raw that will keep me stablized through the afternoon and evening? I have an excalibur dehydrator and a Vita Mix Blender, if that helps. I am hoping by joining this forum, it will help me get through this next step to being 100% raw! Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: blood sugar lulls
Posted by: Holly ()
Date: October 05, 2006 01:18AM

Hey lyz65,
I also am in transition. I have always consumed a lot of sugar. I'm no expert and I haven't figured out the right combination either. But so far what is helping is eating a lot of sweet fruits and eating avocados, nuts and green leafy vegetables. I try to stay full otherwise I eat other things. And have dried fruit and nuts handy. My blood sugar tends to run a slightly high, but no higher than normal. So this will have to be a slow transition weaning off of sugar.

Posted by: jonesy8844 ()
Date: October 11, 2006 07:55PM

medjool dates [oasisdategardens.com]
Great source of sugar and fiber. Good for a mid-afternoon snack between lunch and dinner if you cant get to fruit.
Make almond butter yourself and with the medjool you've got your fat and sugar. that should help.

Date: October 20, 2006 11:39AM

Thanks for letting me know your tips. My computer has been down, and I haven't been able to reply. I can't even find medjool. We have one health food store - which is more of a produce store. It's great for organic and conventional fruits and vegetables, but not so great on the extras. What about dehydrating fruit? has anyone tried that?

Date: November 18, 2006 12:29AM

We have apple trees, so we have dehydrated lots of them because we can't eat them fresh fast enough - also juice them. We have also gotten extra fruits in when they are in season (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries) and frozen them. We make fruit smoothies by adding bananas (fresh or frozen). We are fortunate that we live were all these things grow and can get them local/organic. However, if you have to make a choice between raw and organic, go with the raw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables