Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Future In My Hands
Posted by: JoyHope ()
Date: October 23, 2011 01:12AM

This is my 3rd day going raw and let me tell you this is hard. I went to a wedding today and I was asked more questions than the bride. "You eat like a rabbit or don't you get enough protien?" I gotta alot of wierd looks put it that way. I pushed through and made it home and ate some avacado just a slice to end the cravings of cooked foods.

God is good and only wants me to be healthy and in order to do that I must not eat like this world which comes its many degerntive dieases for basically lack of knowledge. Is it not?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Future In My Hands
Posted by: RawLibrarian ()
Date: October 23, 2011 05:29PM

One thing you might consider is not making unsolicited pronunciamentos about what you will and won't eat, the raw lifestyle, etc. I'm not saying you did that, but if offered food that you don't want to eat, a simple, 'no thanks' is enough, as opposed to 'I can't eat that, it isn't raw' or 'I only eat raw food'. That can spark a lot of unwanted attention and the wrong kind of interest--like the comments you were fielding at the reception.

If people see that you are looking and feeling really healthy and want to know why, telling them about your regimen would be in order in that case. Otherwise, just politely decline food you don't want to eat without making a big deal about why not. If someone is rude enough to push for an explanation, 'because I don't want it' is sufficient.

Date: October 24, 2011 03:15PM

Thank you for your advice. I have read that beore in Victoria Boutenko's book. It's hard when people say I love you with food but it doesn't matter beacue your health is more important. Like the bible says

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ...

Romans 14:1-23

My Future In My Hands
Date: October 24, 2011 03:29PM

Day 5 and Background Information

I am feeling better as the day’s progress. I must admit I am a little irritable today. I have been sleeping a lot more and yesterday I felt a dip in energy. I believe my body is using this energy for other healing purposes and detoxification. I stopped doing all homework and just gave my mind a rest over the weekend because I had a terrible headache which made it hard to concentrate.
Over all day 5 is going well trying to follow the Day light “diet” along with a 100% half/half veg/fruit. I usually start my day with a fruit fast then if I am really hunger I eat 3 oranges and then around 2-4 I eat a nice leafy green veggie salad. I love the variety but it’s harder to get these foods on campus I have to be creative if I want something other than cucumbers and carrots.
Some background information if interested:
Like most raw journeys mine began with sickness and illness. At 21 years old I was just moved on campus and lived in a dormitory. I was stressed to the point I would have panic attacks during exam weeks. I couldn’t combat stress because it kept running to its friend sugar; lots and lots of sugar. It was terrible and I knew how bad it was for me but every time I felt the least bit of stress creeping up on me I ran for the cookies. I would have considered myself a good eater besides the sugar but what’s good in some of the nutritional books I have read is not good for you at all. I became a vegetarian in 2009 and then in 2010 I dipped my toes in to the waters of raw food. It didn’t last long but I knew I had to keep eating my raw foods, so I did. I can say all the raw foods I have consumed over the last years has improved my immunity. I have not gotten sick, since I was 19, and even being around sick people and living with them does not get me sick, not one bit. Amazing, thank you Lord for creating the ultimate cold medicine. When I was 20 I was eating still a lot of fruit, veggies, goji berry supplements and green smoothies. Then when I moved on campus my eating habits declined. I wanted my energy back I didn’t like not being able to focus because of all the sugar or lack of coffee. Most of all I wanted to cure my PCOS. My insulin resistance had caused an imbalance in my hormones, who knew when my next period would come because it came on its own terms. Not to mention the excess hair on my chin and other unappreciated areas. I know they say diet can’t cure it but it sure caused it. My mission is to start this Raw Food journey again well it has already began but I am determined unlike the last 10 determined times to achieve better health. Also to clear my skin, balance my hormones, control my blood sugar levels, regain my life and my future. Stop destroying my temple with the dirt and grime this society thinks is food.

Date: October 25, 2011 12:29AM

Its harder not to eat at night espcially when you work, and sleep in your kicthen right next to a big bowl of fruit and nuts. Humm not good but change takes time.

Date: October 26, 2011 12:58AM

Today was a good 6th day 100% raw. I had more energy than I have had in a lifetime. I walk to class every day and usually I don’t feel like walking but today I walk not only to my academic building but around it twice more. It seems like walking is so much more enjoyable now. I am not making this up it’s all very true. I did have some bloating yesterday but I think it was due to bad combinations or overeating or both. Lesson learned don’t combine too much of anything too much of a good thing is not a good thing at all.

My studies have improved and I am able to concentrate longer and harder than ever before and this is only day 6. I even have these small and unusual bits of joy and happiness for no reason I just feel like laughing or an overall content feeling besides the loads of energy.

Being a junior in college with as many credits as a freshman I have a lot of catching up to do but I know with all this energy, I feel like I can do anything better than I use to do it. It’s like I found this treasure box at the bottom of the ocean and inside was the secret to real health. No wonder Raw Foodist try so hard to teach others about this way of eating because it REALLY WORKS.

You never know until you try.

Date: October 26, 2011 01:06AM

I will usally post updates once a week from now on. Full time student does not leave time for life, sorry. Pictures after 1-2 months we get to see if my ance improved at all and if I reached my idea weight. I am excited to share all this infomration beause I know it helped me alot to read others progress. Sort of like if She can do I can do it.

God Bless you all!

Date: October 26, 2011 03:39PM

1 whole week probley the toughest part was getting past these past few days. I did it and i feel good. Now if I can make it to one month then we can really feel good.

I can wait for Christmas I am going to make some famous raw food creations that all my family will enjoy. I worry about holidays beause I am afraid my family won't agree with me and I know they won't but I don't want to be pressured into eating cooked food when I try so hard not to eat it. I am reading up on polite raw food manners to avoid those akward sitautons. I have to thank Rawlibrarian for the right way to decline food. This has helped alot in avoiding hurt feelings so to say.

I have been eating a ton of oranges latley last year it was banannas this year its all orange. I think I repalce some of my bad habits with an orange habit. I started smoking for a week than I quit and I did read that when you quit your body craves more vitamin C so possbily my body is really carving these oranges. Could be very benefical for other smokers to eat more vitamin C rich foods in order to help the body recooperate from the damage of smoking. Really if I follow my body it tells me what to eat this makes sense when you experince it.

Oranges contain vitamins that are essential for a healthy diet, and they can also help you to reduce your cravings, restore vitamin C in the body and get rid of your addiction to smoking.

Read more: [www.livestrong.com]

This is taken from
[www.livestrong.com]

PCOS
Date: January 11, 2012 03:57AM

Freedom from PCOS

It was like a gray cloud blocking the sunlight from getting through and produing that joy I miss when I first was saved. The Holy Spirit once loud and clear had become drowned out by the garbage pilling up in my cellular human body. My eating habits went from bad, to better, to worse than bad. I tried so hard to control what I would eat but my sugar addiction got so bad I was stealing junk food from my roomates side of the room (I live on campus in a drom). I couldn’t control it, I could not trust my self. I almost gave up the thought I could ever overcome this problem with the intense sugar cravings I was experncing. As soon as I got that thought in my head that I had to have some sugar I felt hypnotized into getting it and would not let it go.
I knew it had taken over my life and As a result of my sugar based diet since childhood I have developed Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). Symptoms include abnormal bleeding, extreme weight gain, depression, tiredness, hair loss, thyroid problems, headaches, sleeping disorders, high cholesterol, poor memory, panic attacks, constant thirst, dizzy spells, insulin resistance, extreme cravings, cystic ovaries, cystic acne, anovulatory menstrual cycles (cycles without ovulation), irregular periods, mood swings, high levels of testosterone, infertility, extreme hair growth on face and body. Sounds more like a dieasese from the devil himself. No cure only treatable. The worst for me is the over production of male hormones producing that thick black hair in places it doesn’t belong. I felt as though I had lost my right as a woman and was converting to an ape! My future hopes of getting married and having children were all constricted by PCOS. I was getting fat, hairy, ugly, and manly. It was a nightmare where did Julia go? It was hard to think I had an illness at the age of 21. Then again my mother passed away when she was 51 of pancreatic cancer. I knew the Lord was calling me to do something.

Re: PCOS
Date: January 11, 2012 04:10AM

I was called to the Raw Lifestyle and have attemped many times to eat only raw. Fmaily, friends, school and the pressures of life would tear me apart and lead me back down the road to self destruction. I think a sugar habit is worst than a drug habit. Which one leads to death sooner and more painfully? I am truly blessed to know that raw foods can an will heal many things. I am blessed to have found out now at the ripe age I am at.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 12, 2012 02:19PM

I do agree with your statement about the lack of knowledge about the right foods to put in your body being the chief reason for all the diseases,at least food oriented.
I also think that most folks go only by their taste buds,and nothing else.

Vinny

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables