Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Just fiuring out what this all means.... help!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 11, 2006 04:37PM

I am currently taking a health class in college and one part of the curriculum is to change your diet drastically for six weeks in order to gain personal well being. And what better change than to go raw?! My father (now 52) has almost completely gone raw, and I decided I would take a chance (perhaps do this for the rest of my life). I, however, live in dorms with an extremely fixed budget and a meal card that unfortunately only caters to those who love fried/cooked food - with only the salad bar as an alternative option. I need to know what kind of snack besides the normal apple and banana I can get that is still raw but a little more exciting..... HELP!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just fiuring out what this all means.... help!
Posted by: jonesy8844 ()
Date: October 11, 2006 07:48PM

Medjhool dates are a great snack. Beware eat only one since it is loaded with calories. it's great between meals and before you exercise.

Can find it online (i had to buy it there since I couldn't find it in my area)
[oasisdategardens.com]

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: October 12, 2006 03:32AM

I like raisins, not too many, though. I like honeydew in the mornings, but it will soon be raisins since it is getting cold out. I think it would be great in a dorm, but like I said, in moderation. I don't know what else to tell you, but I hope this helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2006 03:36AM by shep252.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 18, 2007 02:55PM

I made something a little heavier the other day that was very filling. I put into a blender 4 medjool dates, 10 raw almonds, and a piece of mature coconut, and a little distilled water..enough to get the blender going. It makes a chunky mixture that takes really good, if very filling even if you only eat half of it, and you can put it on stuff like celery.

There are tons of fresh foods to eat..just shop around your local grocery store's produce isle.

Love,
Prism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2007 02:55PM by Prism.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: January 22, 2007 06:58PM

Even if your fruit/veggie choices are limited, it may be helpful to vary how you prepare them. For instance with an apple, you could eat it as is or add a little water and spices and make apple sauce in a food processor or a blender; you could blend the apple with other fruits and make a smoothie; another idea is to crush nuts with dates, honey or agave, make a base and fill it with apple sauce. You could likewise come up with creative ideas with the other ingredients. The recipe section of this forum and rawfoods.com/recipes could provide other ideas so you wouldn't get bored even with limited choices.

Wishing you vibrant health

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables