Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Here we go again
Posted by: spectrum ()
Date: February 09, 2012 12:23AM

So I am back on raw. I tried a few months ago with some success and then back on cooked food. Beans and rice and veggies mostly. I need to figure this out and get healthy. I know in my heart that raw is the only answer for me.

In a perfect world I would drop 140 pounds. To be healthy I need to loose at least 100 lbs. So far in two weeks I am down 7 pounds.

I have been merging back on raw for about a month, in the last two weeks I have been going full blown on greens.

I am drinking about two to four litres of green smoothies a day. I eat greens with most things I eat.

I am still on a bit cooked food. I am on a tight budget and need to figure out how I can take care of myself, eat raw on a tight budget.

I turn 30 this weekend. I wish by now I could be looking better. I will keep this up and put my trust in the raw food.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Here we go again
Posted by: Mona ()
Date: February 14, 2012 02:08AM

Welcome back, Spectrum. We're here to support you wherever you want it. I eat lots of greens, too. I'm finding I don't get as hungry on them as quickly like I did when I eat a more fruit than greens.

Best of luck with your raw journey.

Mona

Date: February 14, 2012 10:55PM

Thanks.

I am feeling so much better on the greens. I am trying to make greens about 40-50 per cent of my food.

I have also just started making raw granola and porridge out of buckwheat so that is pretty exciting.

Lately it seems my weight is staying pretty much the same, but the energy I have and how I feel is good.

While I am a big girl, I do work out and enjoy powerlifting. I can deadlift 270 lbs and just got my push press to 130 lbs.

So I am just going to go more and more raw and hopefully I will see the weight fall off me. I eat a bit of fruit, but have always preferred veggies to fruit.

If amyone wants to offer suggestions or insight I am all ears.

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: February 15, 2012 04:36PM

You are powerful! There are some great videos on youtube about vegan raw food weight lifters. I don't have the links on hand, but I'm sure you can search for them.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 16, 2012 04:50AM

spectrum much love and support to you , you can do this smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: February 17, 2012 07:09PM

So latley I find if I eat anything with refined sugar or added salt, I feel really ill after.

I have too drink a bunch of water or a big green smoothie to balance myself out. I am not sure if this is raw food thing or something else.

When this happens I look all my concentration and just feel yuck.

Has anyone else had this.

I am eating totally vegan now, and I am trying to move onto more raw. But if do eat cooked food, I am making sure it's vegan and whole foods.

Anyone else have sugar and salt sensitivities?

Date: February 20, 2012 11:09PM

Well I am down 11 pounds. I am pretty happy about that. My fridge is bursting with greens and whenever I get a craving for something unhealthy, I make a green smoothie. When I get a craving for a green smoothie, I also make a green smoothie.

I blew out my blender yesterday and it started smoking. So that one is retired. I am not able to get a fancy expensive blender. I am just been using ones that I picked up at garage sales

I have one at home and one at work.

I bought my first store bought one today. It was reg. $100, but got it for $50. So we'll see. I know not as amazing at a Vita Mix, but I am going to test it when I get home.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 04, 2012 07:33AM

fruit salad is a great treat that can really fill you up and it will promote detox and weight loss as long as you keep the fat at zero. I just cut up as much fruit as I want, and squeeze orange juice over it ! so yummy! I eat like a gallon at a sitting, NO JOKE! and yes, you will still lose weight that day. just don't eat fat, and eat lots of greens. fat stops the weight loss. cheap blenders work great. sometimes you just gotta blend the greens with a little water first, then add more water and fruits.

Date: March 06, 2012 06:22PM

Thanks everyone. And Rawlion, I am going to try your fruit salad idea sounds like a simple solution.

I am inching my way in and I feel like I am getting healthier by the day. I lost 16 pounds now. I feel like it's coming off slowly, but at least it's coming off.

I feel like green smoothies have changed my life. Now if I start to feel stressed, sad or grumpy I go to the blender and make a green smoothie. Sometimes with no fruit at all.

It resets my mind and body.

I find when eating raw working out at the gym feels easier. Rice and beans and other healthy cooked food, makes me slower and the workout toughter. Interesting.

Well I have another quesiton for you all. i am condsidering getting a sprial slicer. Is it worth it? Do you use it often or is it more of a short lived novelty?

Date: March 08, 2012 06:53AM

So I bought a julienne peeler. I didn't think it would be as awesome as it is. I made zuchinni pasta with pesto, sundried tomatoes, onion and cashews. It's amazing, just wanted to share.

Date: March 13, 2012 08:39PM

So while I have been eating more and more raw each day, I am starting feel a bit hopeless here. I get stuck thinking that I have far too much weight to lose. But I am trying to get over that feeling and just keep working at it.

After eating 100 % for day a tested my ph and it was 8 I was amazed. Then after I eat a small bowl of rice, it was 6.4. Really shows the raw food works wonders.

I can eat a raw breakfast, lunch and snacks no problem, but when I get home from work I have been craving cooked foods. So I eat them. Then I finish the night with a green smoothie.

So today I have started a bit of an experiment. Last night I packed a raw breakfast and lunch for work and then I made a nice big salad for dinner, and made some dressing too.

So when I get home, my dinner is already made and I'll see if that helps.

Wish me luck.

Date: April 12, 2012 10:10PM

So things are looking up for me. I got a tax return and loaded up the house with healthy food. It's what I needed to get back into the swing of things. I am getting close to 100 per cent. I think it wont' be long until I am ready to make the leap.

It's been almost a year since I stumbled upon raw food. I really feel it is what is going to save me.

I am craving raw food now and when I look at cooked food I don't feel inclined to eat it.

I am finding ways to eat raw on a tighter budget. Lots of greens, inexpensive fruits and buying nuts and seeds in bulk.

I bought a Cuisine Art ice cream maker at the thrift store and made my first batch of raw ice cream with almond milk I made. My two year old daughter just loved it. She is eating more and more raw food as my journey progresses.

I find I have to read all I can on raw food to stay motivated and on track. I truly believe this is what is going to turn my life and health around.

Posted by: Ivi rose ()
Date: April 17, 2012 08:50PM

You really sound like you are making headway. Good for you. Thanks for sharing what your learning.

Date: April 23, 2012 09:57PM

Hey all, I am feel pretty good. I got on the scale the other day and I lost 19 pounds. I have been doing a lot of powerlifting so I find my body is building more muscle. I am pretty stokes on raw food.

I get some pretty strong cravings for cooked things, but I am holding off and keeping my eye on the prize.

I just hosted my first raw dinner and it went well. I am happy to be sharing what I know and being able to have some raw events to help keep me motivated.

Date: May 02, 2012 09:32PM

Well I have been a having a bit of a tough go lately. I am trying so hard to stay raw, but I am having some slip ups and some intense cravings for cooked foods. The cravings are so hard lately. I am wondering if this is a part of detox.

I am trying not to be too hard on myself, but I know raw is the way to go. Please tell me this gets easier?

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: May 03, 2012 09:04AM

Are you eating enough? When I have cravings I eat some (a lot of?) fruit and the full feeling usually satisfies me. If that doesn't work, I'll have something with fat (avocado, nuts, seeds).

Are you sure you're getting a good variety of nutrients?

My favorite raw vegan

Date: May 29, 2012 02:18AM

Hey all, I have been having some hits and missed in my transistion to raw. Somedays I am at 100 per cent with out even trying. Other days I all crave is foods that aren't good for me.

I have been experiementing with recipes and new foods. Dragon fruit was a hit and durian was a miss. But I am trying to keep things fresh.

I have started a blog with some recipes. Some of my old favorites and new tries.

I figured blogging would keep me on the right path and something else to focus on.

If you want to check out my blog go to happyrawmom.wordpress.com

Let me know what you think.

Posted by: chat ()
Date: May 31, 2012 08:19AM

Because you have so much weight to lose, I believe one way is to start looking at the physical amount of food you put in your stomach. Once your stomach is back to a manageable size (they say a one-time food intake should not be more than what you can fit in your hands cupped together), it will be easier not to overeat, and yes you can overeat on raw healthy food just like on everything else.

Note that one-time intake does not mean that you can eat a small porrion of food, and then in 15min another small portion of food and so on. That would be cheating and your stomach will stay stretched as it was. Instead, after a small intake of meal you have to wait until the stomach digests the food - how long it is depends on the food you have eaten. And only when your stomach is empty again (and providing you are hungry), you take another intake of meal.

I think apart from weight loss benefits controlling the amounts you eat is healthy, because you no longer stretching your stomach and bombarding it with various foods constantly. I.e. your digestion will start to be more healthy.

And once you are there, you can start looking at caloric intake if food as well. There are benefits to caloric restriction generally, although there are people who don't believe it of course (just like in everything else), but one thing is for sure - if you need to lose weight watching your caloric intake will help. By all means you don't have to do it, as for some people counting calories is repulsive, but if you do it it is simply one way.

Date: July 23, 2012 11:13PM

Hey all,

So things are going well with me. I am still eating about 70 per cent raw and doing well. I would like to get my raw intake up again.

I eat a lot of salad and have just restarted the green smoothie regime. I am making less gourmet stuff and just eating simple meals.

I have lost about 30 pounds now, but I am focusing more on making small changes I can stick with than huge changes.

One thing I have noticed is the food I eat is really affecting my moods. Raw food keeps me calm and grounded. While certain cooked foods ie wheat makes my patience go out the window.

I am now making food choices around this.

If I eat cooked food I am sticking vegan and enjoy slow cooked yams.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables