Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Trying to start over.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 13, 2006 12:13AM

I have never been comfortable in my own body. Growing up, I struggled with eating disorders... anorexia/bulemia. I would go days at a time without eating (once I went 2 weeks!), only to binge on junk food or anything within reach as a break to my fast. In turn I would feel guilty for eating so badly and purge. This vicous cycle of fasting, binging, and purging had continued for years although I knew how unhealthy it was and the harm I was doing to my body.

When I started college I made the decision to get healthy. I started doing yoga daily and one of my professors introduced me to the raw vegan lifestyle. It just made sense to me, so I decided to give it a try. It was a difficult transition at first, but it really payed off. I felt so much better about myself and in my daily life. I wish I would have kept it up, but I had no moral support from my family or friends who treated it as more of a "fad diet" than a lifestyle change.

I caved. The lack of support from people around me and general lack of self control led me to result to old habits. When I fell, I fell hard. I ate everything in sight, and it made me feel horrible, physically and mentally. To keep my weight under control I was throwing up after meals (which would consist of pizza, chips, soda, candy, etc). Soon after moving in with my fiance, he discovered that this was going on and he was far from happy. I still don't have my eating under control but I have stopped purging... the pounds have piled on. I have never weighed so much in my life. I feel like I have dug myself into a hole and changing my ways are the only way out.

It is not just the weightgain that makes me turn to the raw lifestyle, but the desire to be happy and healthy again.

I am going to start over. I know the only time in my life that I have felt 100% happy with myself has been when I ate raw and lived a much healthier lifestyle. I have finally gotten up the courage to post after lurking in the bulletins and reading about everyone else's success...

Hopefully it will be here that I find the support that I was lacking before. Please help me stay on track this time!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2006 12:16AM by tashatashatasha.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trying to start over.
Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: October 13, 2006 02:08AM

You can do it, and everyone on here is a great help!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2006 02:11AM by shep252.

Posted by: rawcountry ()
Date: October 19, 2006 07:13PM

Hi. Congrats. You know, it takes alot to overcome the cooked food addiction. I've been working on it for over five years. Each baby step is a success. Each time you cave, you learn something new. Then get back the next day and do it again! Each time you succeed, you become stronger. Even if you are only eating one or two meals a day, you are nourishing your body. Hugs. Peggy

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: November 15, 2006 04:31PM

If you need some help just call me. This is my passion and vocation. Best to you.

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@aol.com

Posted by: jamied1217 ()
Date: November 20, 2006 02:56AM

hi sweetie. I had to write to you because I am going through the same exact thing as you! I struggled with eating disorders and body image my whole life. I started the raw for diet Aug 18 2006. That day I not only gave up cooked food but I also gave up cigarettes and coffee which made me gain weight. I was devastated. Everyday I still struggle with detox symptoms but mostly, I struggle with people's reactions. I'm sick of it! They think we are crazy but they are the ones ingesting chemicals and animals. When I get down and want to give up, I wake up the next morning, do yoga and start over just like you.
Have faith in Mother Nature and our fellow raw foodists! Believe in your soul and body.
Also a good "comeback" line I have learned to tell people who think I am crazy is that they are the one's who are crazy since they follow a diet that causes cancers, high blood pressure, heart attacks etc.
Good Luck! I am here with you sister.

Jamie smiling smiley

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 21, 2007 01:45PM

Hello. I was just wondering how you were doing. I used raw food to get over ean eating disorder too and it really worked. Good luck
Starfruit

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 22, 2007 11:01AM

HI there.....yes how are you doing??? are you still keeping up with raw and how is the overcoming the ED's going?? i am also struggling with this right now and just started raw 4 weeks ago exactly today!!! good luck and hope all is well with you!! keep us posted on your progress or set backs....we are here for you!!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 22, 2007 12:00PM

good luck and best wishes to you. this is a good way to go.hang in there and we ahve alot of support on this site.hugs taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables