Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I'm finally getting it!
Posted by: Ivi rose ()
Date: July 23, 2013 06:32AM

Feeling much better. Taking smoothies to work, carrot sticks. fruit, I quickly burnt out on salads, but I'm finding the smoothies filling and satisfying. Cravings have gone way down. Not focusing on weight so much, but pants feel looser. I'm changing my habits. Diet not perfect, but adding in, adding in the good stuff.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 10, 2013 11:26PM

Dear Ivi Rose,

I am sorry for the loss of your son and my heart is with you, feel better my dear. You're great and you have taken the first step by realizing that you have a eating and emotional problem. You sound like you're really trying.

I went through similar eating dilemmas. I didn't give up and I just kept thinking of ways to eat raw foods. At first I couldn't imagine myself eating a raw root vegetable let alone a cooked one. Now, every morning I peel my rutabagas, turnips, carrots and cut them with a french fry cutter on the small dice. I also eat zucchini, celery, cucumbers cut with the french fry cutter too. I like to eat avocados and other soft veggies eaten with the hard ones. It takes a while to change your palate. Frozen spinach is an excellent way to get your potassium. Acorn Squash (baked and peeled) is thick and yummy in smoothies and the nutrients are through the roof.

Although, I'm not a purist raw foodie I keep my nutrients in check. I count calories and use caloriecountabout (dot com) to count both. I hope that helps a little, I struggle everyday so I understand where you're coming from. You have to remember you are like any other addict you will go through a rough patch until you detox. By falling back into the old eating
habits just drags it out longer.

You might check out Dr. Joel Furhman, M.D. he has a lot of good information on Utube. He believes you can change your health with food.

Good Luck and Best Wishes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2013 11:31PM by Eat Right4ur_Species.

Posted by: mayya ()
Date: December 10, 2013 07:41AM

i wanna see that post again

www.certkiller.org

Date: March 19, 2014 12:15PM

I haven't posted in a while, been going back and forth, doing good for awhile and then bingeing. My pattern has definitely been binge eating. I have been praying hard about this. My health has been in a seriously deteriorating condition.
I kept on getting the answer in my spirit to fast.I tried a few times, and maybe did a day here and there. But, my cravings would overcome me.
I was feeling so sick, that I just prayed harder, some more.
Then I got an answer from Jesus, fast and I will catch you, fast and break through to the other side and I will break this stronghold and carry you.
I am now on my 12th day of a citrus juice feast. The cravings are strong at times, and I pray and hold on.
I also am on my 2nd day of oxy powder which someone here recommended. This has helped immensely with my thinking clarity.
Health benefits so far:
Getting some feeling back in my feet and legs.
My breathing is very clear.
Face and eyers are brighter.
Weight coming down.
I feel like I understand the answers to life. Wow. I am a miracle. I have read so many peoples posts as they have fasted and ate healthy and all the positives results they have received. I always wanted it, but could never attain it. But I'm doing it you guys, I'm actually doing it. I'm so happy.I'm expecting a full healing. I am no longer pinned down by garbage food. I am free.

Date: March 24, 2014 03:59PM

Day 17. Feeling exuberant right now in the afternoon.
Had periods of deep desire for food. I was going to say extreme hunger, but I realized it wasn't hunger pains as much as a deep emotional desire for food.I Persevered through it.
I added in some vitamineral green drink, as well. I would really prefer to do some green juices, but I can't swing the cost or time in addition to doing the citrus juices.
Last night was the last dose of oxy-powder. I think it was making me irritable. So I'm glad. It did seem to help move things along.
Not really getting anymore feeling in my legs and feet. Hopefully as time goes on.......
I am still very excited what else may occur, what kind of healing my body will accomplish.
Onward and Forward

Date: March 25, 2014 11:08AM

Day 18. Felt real bad last night. My nerves in my back, legs and arms were irritated. I don't know if it's something in the vitamineral green, the oxy-powder, or just cleansing. I'm gonna just juice today. It almost seems that the citrus is getting too sweet for me, I don't really have a desire for it. I am contemplating going over to green juices and carrot juice.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 27, 2014 06:14PM

Have you tried juicing parsley and/or other greens rather than that drink you mention? It's not expensive and will be pure. I wonder what was in that stuff...

Date: March 28, 2014 03:31PM

There's all kinds of stuff in the Vitamineral Green @ Healthforce.com. I'm surprised you have never heard of it Banana Who, since you have been around awhile. It comes highly recommended, and I've always got benefits from it, but it could be too strong while fasting.
So, hubby juiced carrots and kale for me last night for today. He said it was a lot harder than the citrus to juice, so I don't think he'll keep it up, But, at least I have something different today.Yay.

Date: March 30, 2014 06:50PM

Day 23. I'm enjoying some cabbage and celery juice today. Hmm Hmm.

Date: March 31, 2014 04:02PM

Day 24. Back on carrot and kale juice, today. Feeling good, but hungry.

Date: April 02, 2014 03:03PM

Day 25. Broke my juice fast this evening with a small orange. Felt good to chew something. Brought a banana and small salad for lunch. This is in addition to my orange juice. I really feel I have a good start for a largely raw foods diet. Right now I am craving greens, I am going slow and easing back into eating.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables