Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: My raw experiences
Posted by: chat ()
Date: August 26, 2012 07:41AM

Have decided to try and see if I can cook my lunch at work for a while. The reason is, it takes too long to prepare it in the morning, which means that we have to wake up earlier. Also it is really nice to eat the food freshly cut/blended, with maximum nutrients in it rather than let it oxidise for some time!

I already have a knife and a cutting board in the office, but the problem is lunch is one of my main meals of the day and a simple salad simply won't cut it. So I figured, why not relocate my little food processor to the office as well. That way I can take veggies/nuts with me in the morning, and make a soup and salad meal at lunch time. The food processor I have works as a blender too, so it should be pretty versatile. It is also tiny about the size of an ordinary electric kettle and will not take a lot of space. And we have a little staff kitchen there for washing the plate and the food processor bowl.

The best thing though, I will have an excuse to buy a new food processor for home! We use it every day, it won't be a waste of money by any means, and it's a good idea to buy a bigger one. smiling smiley

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2012 07:43AM by chat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 26, 2012 07:53AM

On the subject of breakfast though, this is today's kiwi, mango and banana salad. Yum!

Date: September 03, 2012 03:47AM

And another breakfast: romaine lettuce, banana, kiwi, apple, blackberries (from the garden!) and a bit of wild raw honey. These are ingredients I would normally put in a smoothie, but I'm still off smoothies so just chopping them in a salad makes the trick!

Date: September 05, 2012 09:13PM

A new experiment: mango, kiwi, apple and broccoli sprouts salad. No dressing, nothing else, and it was delicious!

Here it is, early breakfast at work grinning smiley

Date: September 15, 2012 08:46PM

New salad: sauerkraut, tomato, beetroot, carrots, cucumber, broccoli sprouts, avocado.... and anything else you'd wish to add! Really tasty, and sauerkraut is so good for you.

I've realised two things about raw diet: it takes time cutting all those salads, even with the help of blender/food processor. And the diet has to be diverse, or cravings will creep up! Haha I suppose it's not very different from cooked diet but still.

Date: September 20, 2012 03:58AM

By the way, sauerkraut is so easy to make at home; the recipe I follow requires 1 shallow tbsp of sea salt per 1 litre glass jar of tightly packed shredded cabbage.

So I shread cabbage in the food processor (I use 2mm cutting disk), to which I also add one medium carrot grated similarly on 2mm disk. Then mix it all with salt, in the process squeezing the mixture with fingers to encourage cabbage to release more juice. Once it is well mixed and squeezed, pack it tightly in a glass jar, adding couple of black peppercorns and dried bay leaves for flavour. Then cover it loosely and leave for a few days to ferment (I don't usually leave mine for more than a week). Once it's ready, put on a silicone cap on the jar (which seals it nice and tight) and put it in the fridge, ready to be consumed. Easy peasy!

Date: October 13, 2012 06:57PM

Recently I thought that with raw food diet, of all electrical appliances the two I found most invaluable are a good food processor and a freezer. If all is good and next year we move to a new house I'm going to buy the best the biggest and most efficient freezer there issmiling smiley

Date: October 22, 2012 11:37AM

Lunch at work: baby corn, avocado, tomato, cucumber, asparagus salad with a bit of chickpea humus as a side. All raw of coursesmiling smiley

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables