Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Journey Continues.... :-))))))))
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 27, 2012 03:14AM

Those of you who know me, know that I've had an 'interesting' raw journey-- some 30 years of almost exclusively raw vegan diet, as well as some BIG detours in radically different directions when, for various reasons, it seemed necessary from time to time.
I'm pretty independent in my thinking, so I have always had to find 'my' own weird way of doing things, after doing as much research and self-experimentation as possible. None of the popular 'systems' has been exactly the ticket for me, but I'm so glad that I have experienced them along the way; I'm sure that I am healthier and more fit for having tried so hard for years to stick to a 100% raw vegan diet, despite problems along the way, and all those long juice and water fasts were wonderfully healing and empowering.
I seem to always return to liquidarianism-- it just WORKS for me, on so many levels, where other regimens have never seemed quite right for me. I first started noticing way back in the 1990s (back when Dave was moderator of this forum) that my body and mind just perked up whenever I stopped eating raw food and started doing juices and liquids. I'm 63 now, and not much has changed-- still find a 100% juice diet SO appealing.
What held me back was my continued attempts to drink fruit juice and smoothies. Uh-uh; no way. Doesn't matter how much cleansing and fasting I've done, how many years of raw vegan I've done; I am just not a fruit person. As soon as I dropped the fruit (except very small amounts of low glycemic fruit) from my diet, everything fell into place, and I feel so good.
I'm doing low glycemic juices and teas, plus unsweetened vanilla almond milk and coconut milk, sparkling spring water (flavored), barley grass juice, and a 'Rock Star' soda every afternoon. (Rock Star is made with vegetables, fruits and herbs, and it's very low glycemic.) I'm trying to make sure I have at least TWO big glasses of fresh vegetable juice that I make with my own juicer, every day. Today I had carrot and cucumber, with ginger and lemon for a little 'kick'-- it was great!
I am NOT on a 'juice fast'-- I've tried to do that, and it doesn't seem like quite the right thing for me either. I need a little more variety.
My plan is that once I get into this a little further, I'll include intermittent fasting in the mix. One step at a time--- I'm not in a hurry. I'm just really enjoying this, and happy that I've been tailor my favorite nutritional regime -- liquidarianism -- to my body and psyche.
Just wanted to check in; I 'browse and lurk' here a couple times a week, and thought it was time to update my friends.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Journey Continues.... :-))))))))
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 06, 2012 03:35PM

Hi Kwan,

Nice update, glad you are doing well.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 02, 2012 05:05AM

Dear rawfood.com friends,

The secret of succeeding on this path, I am totally convinced, is understanding that it is a journey of SPIRITUAL EVOLUTION. I have made many detours along the way, but I forgive myself, because I have been learning as I go. :-)

I keep returning to the liquidarian path, not as the final goal, but as a step toward my ultimate goal of living entirely on prana. I am not in a hurry to get ther, by any means. (I know better.) Have I been successful?-- yes, definitely, and no, I'm clearly not done! ;-)

Just recently I had a big chip fall off of one of my lower teeth, near the gum. I was a little bit horrified, but I turned away from the 'evidence,' meditated, and within 24 hours it had completely regenerated itself! And within another 3 days it had regenerated even further. My tooth is now stronger, denser, more healthy than ever before. On the one hand, I was not surprsied by this (I've been a student of spiritual healing for years.) But on the other hand, I was totally blown away by this little healing. Gratified beahyond measure.

So I am learning the the whole picture of spiritual growth and personal evolution is an unfolding story that reveals itself in surprising ways. We are spiritual beings. Letting go of 'material consciousness' is part of the secret, and overcoming our addiction to the idea that PHYSICAL, corporeal substance nourishes us, is another part of the secret that we as evolving spiritual beings are learning.

Tonya Zavasta, quite rightly, came to the realization that releasing our reliance on phsyical nourishnment/substance for a large portion of every 24 hours, allows us to begin to assimilate DIVINE sustenance, otherwise characterized as 'prana' or 'dark matter,' or 'cosmic energy.'

Sungazing? -- still a matter of living in the material world, partaking of material substance. A step in the right direction, for sure. :-) But the Cosmic Energy that the ancients assimialted, through their lifestyle, devotions and meditations, and abstinence from material form... is the Divine Substance which nourishes and gives us LIFE--- life that is not only 'long' and 'healthy,' but life that is fulfilling and perfected on many levels.

At this present moment, I have been subsisting (I refuse to call it 'fasting' because it is too nourishing and enjoyable, and 'fasting' carries with it the concept of suffering and deprivation) on liquids for 4 days-- almost exclusively lemonade made with agave' nectar. I have done juice fasting and water fasting (up to 40 days of juice fasting, and 17 days of water fasting), and too mahy fasts and cleanses to count. I was raw vegan for some 30+ years. I am thankful for those years, even though I was confused at times and didn't feel I was 'progressing' at times. I can't look to the coming decades and know, for sure, that I will continue in the direction of raw veganism, but liquidarianism has been calling my name, so to speak, for many years, ever since I discovered Arnold Ehret's tooks in the 1970s when I was a young and confused 20-something. :-)

I have made an inner vow not to eat animal products from here on. That is a given for me at this point. With a liquidarian lifestyle, that goal will be easy to fulfill.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: December 27, 2012 02:17AM

Welcome back!!! Every time i go to Peoples i think of you!!! smiling smiley

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables